Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old WDW News

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WDW News

I'll try to update regularly with news from the Walt Disney World Resort.

• A new restaurant has opened at the Contemporary Resort, replacing the Concourse Steakhouse. Called "The Wave" it offers healthy eating in a casual environment.
  • The Stars of Discovery Channel's "The Deadliest Catch" were at Walt Disney World.
  • Pixar Animation Studios merchandise is now for sale at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
  • The Kim Possible interactive game at Epcot's World Showcase will be coming back.
That's all for now! Enjoy!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 PM
VMK name- RealWildCompany
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

wdmountie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WOW! That Google Earth link is so cool! I was even able to find my house with it. Granted it wasn't 3-D but still cool all the same! I think everyone should check out that link! A way to go to WDW without being there. Good way to day dream at the office
Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
what kind of pixar stuff is there. sounds cool.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by awsomered View Post
what kind of pixar stuff is there. sounds cool.
Pixar Animation Studios T-Shirt and Fleece. The "Luxo" (or lamp) as the "I" on the front.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Awesome stuff, keep the news flowing.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Another round of updates:

- A new Grand Marshall vehicle debuted at the Magic Kingdom, which has Hidden Mickeys in its tires. Look for it at the daytime parades.

- Numerous celebrities have been at WDW, including Juan Luis Guerrera, BethAnn Bonner, Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, Mandy Moore, Kobe Bryant and Chef Paul Bocuse.

- Rumors are circulating about a re-design of WDW MK's Fantasyland, including a Little Mermaid attraction and a Snow White Mine Car Coaster. (Wow!)

- In fall 2011, a family-friendly Monsters, Inc. coaster at DHS will open.

- Space Mountain wil go down for an extensive refurb around January. They may even take the top of the mountain off and start from scratch, but I must admit I'm sketchy on details and can't promise anything.

TTFN - Ta-Ta-For-Now
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Those roller coasters sound fun!

Last edited by Gorams; 07-27-2008 at 08:07 PM..
Old 07-24-2008, 04:19 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Yeah, they do.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Fantasyland is epic! That is incrediable news. As for the space mountain, I hope they don't mess with it too much. Like make the coaster cars different. Don't do that. Ever. That's one of the best things about the ride. The Monster Inc thing is cool but so what? Not as epic as Fantasyland being refurbished.

I'm gonna do some more research into the Fantasyland. Looking mainly for concept art of the final layout. Hope they don't take away Winnie the Pooh. After that I don't really care. My main interest is in the Frontier-Adventure categories of the park.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 07-25-2008 at 07:31 AM.. Reason: slight adjustment
Old 07-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
1. They are currently building "the tower" next to contemperary for vacation club.
2. A couple of weeks ago a baby elephant was brought by the stork to animal kingdom.
3. a new dinosaur restaraunt similar to rainforest cafe was built in downtown disney not too long ago.
hmm.. I need to start listening to my dad's podcasts somemore to find more news out.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

I stopped listening to podcasts for reasons I still don't know about. Some of them are great.
~~ot

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 07-25-2008 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: advertising
Old 07-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Magic Kingdom tour guide
Awards Showcase
Which Disney Character Participant's Award Halloween '09 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Disney
Epcotfans is as Frosty as a Snowman
Tropics They are closing space mountain for almost a year to aad 2 more tracks hope this helps
Old 07-26-2008, 05:15 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

I found some details, but these are from May:

"ok....on the topic of the space mountain refurbishment, many of you loyal MCer's have been wondering when and what will be happening. Here is what I know based on the last few weeks of talking to the Test and Adjust crew, Imagineers, and the structural engineers. Keep in mind thes are not absolutely in stone, but this is what is in store as of now.

The queue will be the same, but updated with new projections and interactive games (think Soarin' but cooler).

The entire track will be replaced with new higher guaged steel, but the layout WILL NOT change - this includes new brakes and conveyors of course, and new main lift chain.

Digital projections will be placed in the ride area (there are already a few currently in place) with some new effects.

The load area will be enclosed so you cannot see the ride area, but there will be star effects on the new load ceiling.

New rocket trains with audio soundtrack will make an appearance (they will still be single seaters like the current ones).

Quick reset conveyors to help make downtimes less time consuming.

Slight re-themeing of the unload area to make you feel like you truly just pulled into a space port.
The post show area is still up for debate - it may change or stay the same....no news yet.

This is what i know for now and i will keep y'all updated the best i can.

Also, the refurb is still scheduled for january 2009 and may even get moved up to november 2008 depending on attendance and such....more to come"
~~ot
Old 07-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
Heard that there is some possible Dream Finder merchandise on sale at the Imagination pavilion!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:37 PM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

I heard! Hopefully they'll bring our red-bearded friend back to JIYI!
~~ot