Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Am i the only one that likes the old vmk?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
I really hate it.. the new rules, the new features, the new games...
I liked it back the way it was in 2006...
in 2007, so many new features were added >_<
I kinda miss it when there was no vmk pass (although i like that one), no clear room button, no "allow guest to move this item" button... etc.
It all seems so complicated.. i don't like it anymore.

I miss the old vmk!

Haveamagicalday, I so agree with you!

Quote:
I like the old VMK SO much more! They went too far when they changed how to buy stuff, they made it too complicated.
YEAH

Quote:
It was easy before, why change stuff that was easy. Also, the swirling people, what's the point, the boxes, what's the point.
Staff think they're improving vmk by doing that.. because back then, when the room is loading, it loads the furnish too. But staff made it that furnish loads when you come in... so there would be a shorter room load. I'd rather wait for the room to load than see clear blue boxes o_o
The same for the cyclones... o_o I'd rather wait it load, then enter a room full of lag. If they wanted to do that, they should have put something that wasn't moving o_o the lag is really bad.

Quote:
It doesn't look good, it's really quite annoying. Also, the inventory change. That was ok, but they should have kept it where it didn't need to load for 5 minutes before you can see your items.
YEAH... once again, so it's when you start going in vmk, it loads it later on when you need it... which makes the load going into vmk shorter. Once again, I would rather wait for everything to load, rather than wait 10 minutes for my just my clothes/furnish to load...
Quote:

Why couldn't they have them grouped, but in one big list going down. Same with the changing your clothing. I have to wait 7 minutes to change clothing, because I have a lot of it, not really a helpful change really lol.
Same rofl..
'specially in cute or boot.. i'm always last -.-

Quote:
The showing of items and not bringing them out for a long time or not yet or ever, is really annoying like Flying Carpet Magic, it's been a bit over 2 years, why can't they say when it'll be out, or it won't be out. The VMK team should consider this before they do it. They might be getting a bigger server, but still they don't need to do these changes because of it.
YEESSSSSS!!!

Quote:
Why can't they just leave the things that don't need changing, alone, and what does need changing to be changed for example abc order on your own rooms, I mean, I can't find my rooms, because I know what it's called, but I have too many of them, I lose track. Or to add to shopping, a quantity of how many items you want, so you don't need to keep buying an item one at a time. Or, to put an ignore button in the pirates game, so there's not talking, bc, it blocks view of items, and where're the enemy is, and it's hard not to read them when they are on your ship. If we could use an ignore button we wouldn't see it. What drives me crazy is not being able to turn off friend requests.
YEAH I would love an abc order for my rooms... i have 40+!
Shopping OMG I SO NEED THAT, IT'S SO TIRING TO BUY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND CLICK THE "are you sure?" "ok you bought it!" pop up signs over and over... o_o
AND YES THE IGNORE IN PIRATES!!!
VMK tells us to ignore people who curse in pirates (O_o) so if they really want us to do that, they should give as an ignore button...
and when people are being sore losers, it throws me off o_o
but now, we CAN turn off friend requests q: your wish came true. LOL
Quote:
When I was a Community Leader (CL_) (and lost it when everybody else did), I was asked at least 150 friend requests a day. I gave the idea to HOST_Lily about turning them off she said that they have mentioned this to the people who do this stuff, and nothing has happened yet. You would think staff wouldn't have friend requests on, but they have no choice, yet. I've given these ideas, and more to them, and I know other people have, but they haven't done anything about them, they change stuff people were just fine with, and made them more annoying.
YEAHHhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Sorry if this sounds rood or mean, but, it had to be said, and this is me putting it nicely lol.
Eh you're not being mean at all. q:
Quote:
I appreciate that they are trying to make VMK a better place for all, but it doesn't seem that people are liking the new changes, and not just me.
YEAH I'M ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT DON'T LIKE THE NEW CHANGES. LOL

Quote:
If some staff sees this, please consider the post people have said here, with your team.

~HAMD
YA HEAR THAT STAFF? PLEEEASE CHANGE SOME OF THE CHANGES... O_O

----
Sorry for repeating everything haveamagicalday just said, just to completely agree... LOL

Last edited by Blossomflower; 11-14-2007 at 06:37 AM..
Old 11-17-2007, 03:04 PM
ghettoo to the floo'

My Mood: Loud
VMKJen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
Staff think they're improving vmk by doing that.. because back then, when the room is loading, it loads the furnish too. But staff made it that furnish loads when you come in... so there would be a shorter room load. I'd rather wait for the room to load than see clear blue boxes o_o
The same for the cyclones... o_o I'd rather wait it load, then enter a room full of lag. If they wanted to do that, they should have put something that wasn't moving o_o the lag is really bad.

Same rofl..
'specially in cute or boot.. i'm always last -.-

Shopping OMG I SO NEED THAT, IT'S SO TIRING TO BUY THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND CLICK THE "are you sure?" "ok you bought it!" pop up signs over and over... o_o
Agreed. I would rather wait then have all these things making more lag. And I can never change anymore. It takes forever for it to come up. And I wish you can just put in how many you want to buy, and it buys that. Cause I hate sitting there and clicking buy over and over and OVER!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Registered+

reckless4x is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiko_dee View Post
I kind of miss the old vmk!
I actually wish they didnt put that "connecting to server" and "additional items" screen thing!I also dont like the swirl thing under ppls body when they load.At first i thought it was funny but now it just gives me more lag.
And what about the new catalog too?I miss the old one.
Also whenever i go to HM game room , it has that "additional items" screen thing again.Everything in vmk use to load faster but not anymore with all these features and stuff.
I still cant believe they sold flip and pan hats too!
I miss it too. I was here from beta and you appreciated every single thing. Now, its too much! I sure miss it. ~sigh~

Last edited by Mystify_Me; 11-22-2007 at 02:54 AM.. Reason: font size in quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Registered+

TinkTaylor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok #1 There Have Been Some Slight Advancements: Yes! #2 Complaints About Loading System: Yes #3 Is There An " Old " Or "new" Vmk : No!!!! The Staff Is Like U And Me There Not Perfect I Understand Everyones Point On This But Its Ridiculous How Many People Write The Same Exact Thing Everytime!!!!!!! Yes There Is Alot Of New Stuff But Be Greatful We Even Have Vmk!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:00 AM
PwNzOr and L33T the n00bs

My Mood: Boo!
zangoose is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hmm theres an old VMK?? and i thought VMK was the dame this entire time. i didnt play in beta so i dont know how it felt but im not complainin
Old 11-25-2007, 03:37 PM
Went to JoBros concert <3

My Mood: Pixieish
Dream.Fairy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I HATE the new fireworks you only get 375 CREDITS
you used to get fireworkd magic and 1,000+
Old 12-08-2007, 12:19 PM
ghettoo to the floo'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream.Fairy View Post
I HATE the new fireworks you only get 375 CREDITS
you used to get fireworkd magic and 1,000+
I know! I used to get sooo much on fireworks.. But it used to not give you credits if you got a low score.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:52 PM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I hate all of the new stuff except for the numbered inventory. i hate the pages thing its really annoying All the new loading things that are suppose to make vmk faster has just slowed it waaay down >_< New Orleans square is just ridicules it has 4 rooms. just 4. and one of them exited before!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

iImagine ’s Autopia has run out of gas
I think that everything should be sold all of the time except certain holiday items and that there should be no rare or poor people. The producers made stuff "rare" to make it special, but it just makes people mean and spiteful.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered+

FrostBiteDragon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I do miss the old VMK, but I did get dc more.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
I really miss the old VMK. That is one of the reasons why I'm not playing as much as I used to. Sure the old loading method took longer, for some...not me. It was FASTER. That's not the only feature that I don't like. I don't like any of the new ones...not even the new lands. Sometimes I wonder if I don't miss the DC bug... It takes me about 5 times longer to enter a room than it did to open VMK to begin with, using the old loading method.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:25 AM
Confused. </3
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Lonely
Pjgirl4ever is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i miss the old vmk... not as much as i used to tho. i used to think i would die without vmk... but now that i dont really play anymore im not dead... LOL! im fine.... rofl i can live without vmk...
Old 12-29-2007, 01:32 PM
ghettoo to the floo'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjgirl4ever View Post
i miss the old vmk... not as much as i used to tho. i used to think i would die without vmk... but now that i dont really play anymore im not dead... LOL! im fine.... rofl i can live without vmk...
LOL. I don't think I could live without VMK.
Well actually, I'll probably just be really bored :P
Old 12-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Q.Q

My Mood: Bored
LittleTinkFairy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
my computer makes me dc regularly so with this new added bonus, oh fun fun fun >_<

but also remember back last summer when you dc'ed ever half hour exactly. Like i would be "and i will dc...about now" and in the next few minutes i was dc. When they got rid of that it made everything slower but it was good. I dont even see the point of these new loading things!!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:59 PM
~*~ Life Happens ~*~

Skylar is as Frosty as a Snowman
I totally agree......the old VMK was much better. We were all j ust making friends and chatting...we never thought it would come to a game where people just got mad at you in games and do "inappropriate" things.