Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old It started as a dream and turned into a nightmare

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
It started as a dream and turned into a nightmare

''The other day I went to a store when I was talking to the cashier about disney, I was buying a Nightmare Before Christmas necklace and we disscused how another store bought the rights of NBC and now how Disney wants full authority of the movie back since Nightmare has gotten alot of money since the store change.''

The reason I typed up that story is because :

* It shows how Disney lives for the moment and not the future
* Disney cares about the money more thing little childrens smiling faces
* How unprepared Disney is

Before people start ranting, I would like you to know I DONT HATE DISNEY. But I do hate some of their decisions.
All businesses have to change for corporate reasons, trust me I understand that, but does that mean when they go for another change make thousands of people unhappy? All of us has seen this,
VMK
They sell their Disney Store and when they buy it back, close it
Rides change to Shows or a ride about a newer, popular movie ( but mostly the change makes the ride terrible )
And even right now, Ariel's Grotto in Disneyland is changing for the Fairies Promotion.

How many times does Disney have to make the same mistake? I bet you in a few years all the parks wont have any princesses, or characters. Why? because of certain Disney Stars ruining the fantasy and dreams that Disney started before many of us were born. And it makes me sad to see Walter Elias's last name used in vain when its not his fault. He started the dream, but now its become a nightmare.

Just like how VMK was started out wonderfully, but burned down in a short three years. And it makes me fustrated and hurt to see what this virtual-free game did to me. It made me addicted, It made me happy, and It made me realize what this whole thing started. Truefully, I adore all the people I met on here, but there is a 98% chance that we'd all be better off if VMK didnt happen.

But the damage is already done, and I am standing here fighting for what I believe in, and if we cant save VMK theres no reason we couldnt save something else, maybe its a ride or a store. But by any means, we have to stick together.

* Note: Those of you who read this whole thing, please realize I typed this down in a hurry and will fix my many mistakes later.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
♥Girlicious♥
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Musical
Yazsmin is as Frosty as a Snowman
I agree, all they care about is money. And no matter what people say, Walt may have had to close VMK if he was around. But he wouldn't lie like Yavn. And he would give it his all to drag out VMK as long as he could. He's not like the greedy jerks who work for Disney now. Sure they've got a family to support, but once they have enough money to do that and have some extra things isn't that enough? Can't they stop being so greedy? Can't they start caring about their audiences? Because if they don't... Soon they won't have much of one. It just breaks my heart to see this all happen. I remember in 2000 how everything was fine and dandy. Sure I was really little ... But ya know, everything with Disney was great. I went to DL when I was living in Cali. Then I had to move but forget that. I remember in DL getting my picture taken with Ariel. I have it as a magnet. And now that they're taking it away... My first reaction to when you said they were closing the grotto was "Those jerks!". Why can't they use all that money they're getting to expand the park so they don't have to tear down all the other rides and activities. 2008 has turned from the Year of A Million Dreams to the Year of A Million Crushed Dreams.

Last edited by TopazR; 10-13-2008 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: personal information
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
I agree in some ways, but also disagree...With today's economy, not many companies can afford to put things out at no charge. Just think, if you were the CEO of Disney and Disney Online started to lose profits and fall apart, it could hurt the stock and lose even more profits. And for the rides, some things just have to change eventually. Minor rides can be replaced, E-Ticket rides can be updated. As for expanding the park, not very likely. WDW does have to room for it, however it would require moving around roads and possibly cutting down trees and harming endangered wildlife. In Disneyland, it would take quite a while to expand. The property is not wide open like WDW and it is surrounded by hotels. It would take a lot of time and money to buy land nearby.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:19 AM
.:I Have Drifted, Gone:.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Gloomy
GoldenHeart is as Frosty as a Snowman
I agree, completely, 100%. Disney is turning into something so far from what Walt dreamed. It went from him wanting his first visitor to the park to be a smiling child, and now that he's passed away, Disney doesn't care about anything but the $. I am ashamed to say this, but I do not any longer much agree with Di$ney.
Hey. Sorry to tell you, but I had to follow everyone else and go. I left to another forum. I'll still post once and a while, but hardly ever. Meanwhile, enjoy your time here but please don't quit like most of us did. This forum needs more members. Another one lost is another one gained. So please, be that one.
If you want to know more, go to my userpage.

~GoldenHeart
Old 10-14-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Fluffy
Brave_Bloom_Kiari is Buried in TreasureBrave_Bloom_Kiari is Buried in Treasure
That's Dumb.
Walt was such a nice man. Just the thought of a happy child makes me wanna smile.
Disney Just want $.
what meanies.
Now regret going to WDW .

Love,
Kairi
Old 10-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Snow's at it again :)
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Snow!
SuperSnowCutie is covered with ConfettiSuperSnowCutie is covered with ConfettiSuperSnowCutie is covered with Confetti
I agree.
Disney has become selfish and greedy over the years. They company needs to understand that Walt started all of this for the children. He was true to his purpose and ever since he passed, Disney has been all about the money. I mean, when I was little [2/3 years old] Disney was all that I watched. I loved Mickey and the gang, Cinderella, Snow White, all of it! Then now as I'm growing into my teenage years I realize that Disney has become corrupt. Now instead of all those princesses and Mickey you see Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I mean, come on! This is not what Walt wanted. I mean HSM is great and everything but I think that Mickey and the princesses should be the face of Disney, not a bunch of 20 year olds and a 15 year old. There are kids watching, and sometimes the outfits that Miley Cyrus wear are NOT what 3 or 4 year olds should be watching! I think that Disney needs to bring back the "magic". They should be making new fairy tales, and new fantasies. And about the VMK part of your post, I kind of agree. I mean, I've meet sooo many amazing people and I don't regret it but after a while, like Disney, VMK had lost all its magic. And before I knew it it was all over
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Valentine's Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 27

Matterz has disabled reputation
Your opinions and views on Disney's actions can either be disagreeable or agreed upon. I do believe that Walt Disney created the foundation that grew to what we have today, by hope and love towards his community, family, and friends. No doubt did he inspire create minds, he hired those to make decisions past his death and at the present of his living. Of course, these came to be called 'Imagineers'... Anyway, these decision-makers pressume to do their jobs as Walt would expect them to do. A business always can make an unethical decision towards it's consumers. Disney can take out all they want from the Kingdoms, although they will fall and get back up again. Although, it is very subjective to say the Disney Corporation has become a nightmare. Or to say there will not be any more princesses on the turf of DLR or WDW.
Virtual Magic Kingdom affected not only the gamers, but the producers also. The workers such as the common HOST_ or VMK_ we saw everyday, were thrown out of their jobs. Nothing lasts forever, though the economy and production of money could have kept our Kingdom alive. We will never know for sure why it has closed, but you are right on one thing... We need to all stick together through odds end out.

I agree with certain statements in your thread...
-Matterz
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Agreed.
Nuff said.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
I really hate it when people use ' Di$ney ' instead of Disney. You might be thinking of just the company, but Walt's real last name was Disney, So by saying ' Di$ney' your actually abusing a mans name and not a company.

And my goal is not for people to hate Disney, I just dont think its fair to what they are doing. I adore Disney, the movies the magic. But something in their system needs to change.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:58 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBs_Creation View Post
I really hate it when people use ' Di$ney ' instead of Disney. You might be thinking of just the company, but Walt's real last name was Disney, So by saying ' Di$ney' your actually abusing a mans name and not a company.
Half & half with this post. At the same time, it's a company and a name, so they have their pick =)
Old 10-15-2008, 02:21 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBs_Creation View Post

And my goal is not for people to hate Disney, I just dont think its fair to what they are doing. I adore Disney, the movies the magic. But something in their system needs to change.
When we say Di$ney, we are referring to the company's shift towards money. We are not referring to Walt Disney. I believe that any perception that we are abusing Walt's name is a misunderstanding, especially since we are protesting the way Disney has become since Walt passed away.

If anything we would want to honor Walt Disney, not abuse his name. By saying Di$ney we are not abusing his name, we are protesting the company that his name represents.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!