Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > A Bug's Life > Bug Guts

Bug Guts Squashed Bugs!

Old Not sure if this already has been posted.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Haunted Mansion Favoring Green

I was playing a game of Haunted Mansion, and there was a few times where only green game out and no purple for like 2 minutes.

Is this a bug?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:25 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
OMG thats really a bug
Old 10-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Registered+

grayman is as Frosty as a Snowman
I have noticed repeated instances of the mansion seeming to favor a certain color, but never the same color and usually depending on the circumstances of the game. Based on my observations, the game is designed to release approximately the same number of each color of ghosts. I think most people understand this concept, but they only think about it in present sense terms, meaning if there are 5 pink ghosts on the screen, there should also be about 5 green ghosts on the screen. What people forget is that you have already captured ghosts, and I think this affects the number of each color that are released. For example, if you are winning the game 18 to 8, it is entirely possible that the mansion will release about 10 ghosts of the other color before releasing any more of your color. You might look at this and say "Hey, there are 10 green ghosts out and 0 pink ghosts out." But, the game has released 18 of each color and all of your 18 ghosts are already in your pocket.
I don't think this is a bug, I think it is part of the game's programming designed to create close games.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:39 PM
My name is Scrolly!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Elated
CookyHalie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i remember when i was on the purple team i had got only 2 ghosts and there was one purple ghost roaming while there was 10 or 11 green ones around.

also, in the end of a round when i was on purple it said i found the door first so im supposed to get a head start next round. it actually gave the other team the head start..
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered+

My Mood: Question
Whipstersh is floating through Inner Space
I've noticed that there seems to be more on one side when:

1. There is more people on one side. For example if a game was 4-1 then the side that has 1 would automatically get the same ratio of ghosts of there color appearing, in their favor. If one person leaves that was on the higher side, then the numbers automatically adjust accordingly and would even out a bit more, but still only to about 3-1.

2. One side has more ghosts than another. I've noticed that if one team has more ghosts than another (that is about atleast ahead by 4) then there is an immediate outbreak of ghosts for the other side, which will even out as the scores adjust. Since there appears to be a limit on how many ghosts can be out on the field at once, it might not always happen immediately, or stay for too long (as the amount of ghosts could change before the field was cleared or most ghost were gone).

Likewise if both of these factors are taking place (you have more ghosts AND have more people on your team) this effect appears to be doubled, leaving you with only about two ghosts on the field at once, while it is dominated by the other color. This would explain why if the other team leaves (everyone on it), then you are only left with a few more ghosts to collect that round, as you will have more players than them (they have none, you have atleast one) and more than likely you will get more ghosts than they had that round (as they can't gain anymore, but you can).
Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayman View Post
I think most people understand this concept, but they only think about it in present sense terms, meaning if there are 5 pink ghosts on the screen, there should also be about 5 green ghosts on the screen. What people forget is that you have already captured ghosts, and I think this affects the number of each color that are released.
I do understand what you are saying, however there has been many a time when I and my opponent have either caught the same number or within 2 ghosts of the same number and yet there have been up to 10 or more ghosts of the other colour out, leaving me with none or only one (usually surrounded by the other player's ghosts). I only play one against one. And yes, I usually lose that round

I also have had the experience of being first in the door and yet my opponent's ghosts are released first, sometimes 5, before any of mine come out. I now don't bother racing for the door, I get my head cut off instead

In short, I agree that there seems to be some sort of unbalance between the two colours on some games.