Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > News Archive

News Archive no posting

Old Yavn Speaks - 05/08/08

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:00 AM
i'm not that girl..

ElphabaTheWitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisSch View Post
All during the month of May,
Right, now he does realize we won't be around for the entire month, right?

And just out of curiosity, why does everyone seem to think all the newsletters are apologies? I didnt get that at all from this, nor did i expect it. I think we've gone beyond the point of apologizing. If anything, it just seems silly to me to wait to release anything. Put it all out already so we can at least enjoy it all for a little bit. And i mean ALL of it. Anything they made, should be out. They wasted their time making it, so what have they got to lose. :/
Old 05-09-2008, 05:33 AM
tiedyegirl 2007-2008
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

tiedyenaj is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wow yavn is back and dumber then ever i will never forgive yavn for not telling us sooner and not telling us the whole truth i think the truth is disney is closing vmk for no real purpose at all and i want to ask yavn is flying carpet magic ever gonna be released
Old 05-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Thanks To Friends
Awards Showcase
Super Donation Award Happy Valentine's Day VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Super Donation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 8

Born In Park VIP
mrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasuremrmyth ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
My question about the newsletter is why bring up VMKS? Has anybody around here seen VMK Stories as a hotbed topic that we just can't get enough info about?
Maybe it's just me, but I'm hard pressed to see this as a subject of so much interest that it warranted being brought up now.
I smell a bait and switch as far as VMK is concerned.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACECpt.RICH View Post
1. yavn can't add.

OR

2. We may have something in store for us.

Time will tell

OR

He could have meant few days, but said weeks instead.
I HOPE that we DO have something in store, but what I don't get is why they didn't release VMK Stories. I wanted a skeleton bird hat.

Last edited by TooHip; 05-09-2008 at 03:02 PM..
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 1

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
He wont answer what we WANT to know but he will answer what we do know.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:03 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

FrontierDonovan has disabled reputation
Well, at least he is updating the newsletter more often then a few months ago

Thanks for the explanation about VMKS and TGC
Old 05-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Wish -Bigger Friends List
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Mega PM Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Poohdent is spinning in a Cursed Storm
2 things one is :
1. quote:The bugs for multiplayer have never been worked out to our satisfaction and the decision was made not to release the full game.
---Since I am familiar with the creator of the TCG and know it was bug free when delievered to disney, I find that line interesting, but possibly it caught a "Mouse Cold"

2. quote:VMK Stories was like many things we develop here at the Walt Disney Company – we try and test many rides, technologies and other forms of entertainment at Disney, some get things made and some don't.
---This means it is not opening at least not now. And please remember as Yavn posted he and some of his team have moved on already. He is at VMK in name only. And lets not blame him, remember if you are going to be mad at someone be mad at the person in charge of disney online not poor yavn. From what I have read he was hired and or contracted to make vmk a great game. He so far succeded what he was hired for. With out him non of us would ever have experinced vmk or its magic to the extent we ever did. Yavn although our the avatar who was leader of game left last june /july ('07) I recently was informed.

Look up kingkris and write and be mad at the great list he or she has formed!!
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531
chose ppl in charge of disney online to be mad at as i think saying goes
"the buck stops with them"
Meaning they are responsible, they ultimately made the decision not poor yavn dont blame him really idk him but i hear he himself is kind as is vince i have spoken to vince before he seems very kind too.
maybe try exc vp and director disney online he seems to have alot of pull ;-)
or title sounds like it to me at least
Lets not blame those who have no control
Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I Am ShadowJr In VMK!!!
Awards Showcase
Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Blah
sonic99979 is as Frosty as a Snowman
LOl they knew that we knew about vmk Stories... (Searches VMKS everywhere!!!)
Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Hello, Love ★
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: AFK
Thriller is as Frosty as a Snowman
It's like you people are saying it's yavn's fault for VMK closing. He isn't trying to apologize guys. He just brought us the news.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Registered+

rockynmax is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdent View Post
2 things one is :
1. quote:The bugs for multiplayer have never been worked out to our satisfaction and the decision was made not to release the full game.
---Since I am familiar with the creator of the TCG and know it was bug free when delievered to disney, I find that line interesting, but possibly it caught a "Mouse Cold"

2. quote:VMK Stories was like many things we develop here at the Walt Disney Company – we try and test many rides, technologies and other forms of entertainment at Disney, some get things made and some don't.
---This means it is not opening at least not now. And please remember as Yavn posted he and some of his team have moved on already. He is at VMK in name only. And lets not blame him, remember if you are going to be mad at someone be mad at the person in charge of disney online not poor yavn. From what I have read he was hired and or contracted to make vmk a great game. He so far succeded what he was hired for. With out him non of us would ever have experinced vmk or its magic to the extent we ever did. Yavn although our the avatar who was leader of game left last june /july ('07) I recently was informed.

Look up kingkris and write and be mad at the great list he or she has formed!!
http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145531
chose ppl in charge of disney online to be mad at as i think saying goes
"the buck stops with them"
Meaning they are responsible, they ultimately made the decision not poor yavn dont blame him really idk him but i hear he himself is kind as is vince i have spoken to vince before he seems very kind too.
maybe try exc vp and director disney online he seems to have alot of pull ;-)
or title sounds like it to me at least
Lets not blame those who have no control
My other half is a castmember and worked in VMK central since beta days, and she use to deal with Vince alot. I could not agree with you more here.
Poohdent you really know your stuff.