Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old What were your least favorite changes in VMK?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:27 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Tickets???

I never understood why I sould buy tickets to give people to come to my room when they could just show up anytime I was there and it would not cost me anything.

Never bought a ticket, or was given a ticket. Seemed useless to me.

Wombat
Old 05-07-2010, 05:53 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
What if you had ten specific friends, and a room you wanted only them and you to be able to get in? Easy. Give them tickets that don't expire, and there you go. A room private to those ten friends and you
Old 05-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Grumpyy
wombat is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
What if you had ten specific friends, and a room you wanted only them and you to be able to get in? Easy. Give them tickets that don't expire, and there you go. A room private to those ten friends and you
If I only wanted friends in a specific room, I would have made it a friends only room and not singled out a certain number of friends to let in. Each and everytime a ticket would have been used by a friend (single use) it would have had to been replaced to let them in again, more cost. (Rememberall those DC's)

Seemed like a waste of credits when you always had the option to boot people and that was free. Also according to the Wiki 30 day expiration was the longest available there was no "never expire" option.

It also created a whole new way for scammers to scam. I remember people making tickets and trying to trade the for rare items saying "tickets for exclusive host event" "ticket for you name it".
Old 05-16-2010, 03:08 PM
lol karo i like this pic

VIP
My Mood: VMK
anthonyjr2 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I didn't mind the Penny Arcade or the Checkers. The rides were pretty cool though. The one thing that I hated SO much was the addition of the Shrinking Room and not being able to get to the Inner Space Shop. I could never do the part of the quest for the Jungle Cruise. Also I agree with the first post, the Esplande and New Orleans Square were pointless additions.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Personally, I didn't like how they changed the Green Car Magic quest to be almost impossible! Initially, the quest was reasonable, and a handful of people had the chance to win it until they made the Fireworks score requirement unreachable. I guess making the quest impossible took the fun out of it for me.

I also didn't like how they changed the Fireworks game. I was a fan of the original and just didn't like the change. Also, the staff in general was not good. Like one time, I reported someone for saying really nasty things to my friend, and 5 minutes later I got a message saying: "False reporting can result in a ban. Please only use the report button for actual emergenices." From that point on, I never reported again.

For the most part, though, I loved VMK. The freedom to do whatever you wanted whenever you wanted made me log on every day. These are just some of the problems that I encountered while playing, but however, they did not come close to the number of awesome experiences that came from the magic that was VMK.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:22 AM
lol karo i like this pic

VIP
My Mood: VMK
anthonyjr2 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
Personally, I didn't like how they changed the Green Car Magic quest to be almost impossible! Initially, the quest was reasonable, and a handful of people had the chance to win it until they made the Fireworks score requirement unreachable. I guess making the quest impossible took the fun out of it for me.

I also didn't like how they changed the Fireworks game. I was a fan of the original and just didn't like the change. Also, the staff in general was not good. Like one time, I reported someone for saying really nasty things to my friend, and 5 minutes later I got a message saying: "False reporting can result in a ban. Please only use the report button for actual emergenices." From that point on, I never reported again.

For the most part, though, I loved VMK. The freedom to do whatever you wanted whenever you wanted made me log on every day. These are just some of the problems that I encountered while playing, but however, they did not come close to the number of awesome experiences that came from the magic that was VMK.

I Know! I fortunately got the magic before it was changed, but the Fireworks Remixed game was not as good as the first one. Same with Pirates. Why fix things that aren't broken?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:29 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I'm impartial on Pirates, but I agree that the original fireworks was so much better than the Remixed!
Although none of the changes really bothered me all that much - I didn't mind items being rereleased, since I was never really into trading or anything, and, as for "pointless rooms," I didn't really mind, since they didn't really hurt me in any way...

But yeah, the only thing I really HATED was the part about it closing! Especially since it seemed like they had so much in store! I mean they had items all ready at the end of the game - all that tiki stuff and the midway mania stuff... I still say that first Blackheart quest contributed to the decision since a lot of people started getting really rude and stuff, just trying to finish it...
Old 05-21-2010, 04:48 PM
haii.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
DuckSwimmer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i hated the update with the castle fireworks game :p
the old version was just, simple xD

signature&avatar made by me