Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old Trading

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I didn't trade much.

I hung out with people and explored.

It was fun.

- ace
Old 02-28-2011, 04:21 PM
.:{ ♥ Understanding ♥ }:.

My Mood: Disney
PrincessKairi12 has disabled reputation
I traded a lot but I made sure I was always with my friends. I did all things with my friends and I believe that's why I miss it even more so! I want VMK to open again so badly =( It was so much fun.

[♥] Beautiful Tragedy [♥]
Old 03-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Private Message Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

NASAMan is covered with ConfettiNASAMan is covered with ConfettiNASAMan is covered with Confetti
I rarely traded, but did give a lot of stuff away. Being a regular guest at WDW, I would always spend a few minutes at the kiosk making new players that would then trade their stuff to my avatar a then fade away. I also did quests and had rooms of gold furniture and other quest items. So I would give away stuff just to give new players a chance to get something cool - lots of gold and black Mickey ears. Made it kind of fun for me.

CL_NASAMan on VMK AKA 'Rocket' or 'RocketBoy'
Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASAMan View Post
So I would give away stuff just to give new players a chance to get something cool - lots of gold and black Mickey ears. Made it kind of fun for me.
When I first joined in October 2005, I went to my friend's trading room to see if I could get something cool. But nobody wanted to trade with me since I didn't really have anything. But you remind me of one person who gave me an explorer suitcase couch to help me get started. I never actually traded that suitcase away because it was very special to me. It actually remained in one of my rooms until the last day of VMK. Come to think of it, I'm not sure how I managed to get "rich" on VMK. I mean I traded a lot but I'm not sure how I got started. But anyway, I also would give some "rare" to newer players to help them feel welcomed and allow them to get started in the trading process.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Devilish
Extras is as Frosty as a Snowman
I usually never traded, I always was playing Fireworks or POTC. Hehe :3
And I usually made the highscores list for Fireworks, but I was kind of losing interest in Fireworks because the games took too long and POTC was way more fun.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
lol karo i like this pic

VIP
My Mood: VMK
anthonyjr2 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I was at different phases really. I hated that in the beginning VMK was more about friendship and playing games, but if anyone else noticed, towards the end of VMK's time it seemed that the entire game and everyone in it had been completely focused on trading, getting the best items, etc. I was mostly visiting random rooms and chatting, since I had all I really wanted. (My Magic and my bird hat :P) So I don't regret most of my time in VMK, since only really 1/4 of it was trading and getting items.