Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > VMKF's Competitions and Contests

VMKF's Competitions and Contests Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggestions.

Old May VMK Memories

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:53 AM
♥Girly♥ Pink ♥ Pretty♥
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: LOL
xoxoSydney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My fovorite memory about VMK

Hi my name is XoXoSydney, and I would like to tell you about my favorite memory of VMk. Mine would be meeting up with my friends for a battle of Pirates Of the Caribbean!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 6

My Mood: Loopy
BlueWalker is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I rememeber VMK mostly for...

I remember VMK mostly for the friends I made. Some of them had such wonderful imaginations with those rooms that they created. Others seem to have family issues and VMK was a great escape were they could become someone else and have a look they may not have been capable of in the real world. I was happy to spend time with all of them. They made all of what VMK was come alive. I always told myself when I saw an avatar, that, that was an actual person, and to me, that is what made VMK special.

There were the Host sponsored quests that everyone had to be a part of, you just hoped that there was enough time for you to finish before that closing hour ended. Oh yeah, there was that time zone difference factor that we became aware of. I remember quite a few late nights since I lived on the East coast.

Dancing in outer space was a real blast, lol. There were some real interesting trade rooms. Elaborately connected rooms.

I spent most of my time there as the character "wootloop". I also had two others titles but most ppl, even the hosts, thought that wootloop was funny and I like that because I was there to have a good time and not at anyone else expense.

Yes, the hosts to me were like angels. Everyone flocked to them when they made an appearance, most of the time they came to have fun with us, like when a host played pirates ship with us. She was good and I didn't push the fight too hard, but in the end our side won, lol. Sometimes too, they had to enforce VMK policy. I was threaten only once with being ban and that was because me and the other player just became to familiar with each other. I learned the best way was to just chat about VMK stuff and wouldn't have to worry about saying something restricted.

You could always tell when a host was in a room. Friends would send notices to everyone on their list, and that room would have wait time because of everyone trying to get in, that allowed you to take little break. When they came out with that feature that allowed you to roam while waiting to get into a room that was full, that just added more fun to the game. When I heard from a vmkfriend that the VMK was closing, I wasn't able to get on as often as I would've liked towards the end of VMK because of my work schedule but I could tell some of my vmkfriends were in shock over the closing. I said what I could to help console them but I was just as upset as anyone.

Here lately, I have been hearing snippets of the theme music that was played in the VMK rooms on commerrial TV, oh, how that brings back the memories. I'm hoping to go to heaven when I die and I am sure that is where I will finally be able to put my dream of VMKs return, to rest.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

blacknailpolish is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Post i remember..

woow i could say many things that i remember about vmk.. i meann it was the best game ever! i loved how people would find other words to say bad words n stiff like that (for some reason it was entretaining) xD
i miss going to vmk.com and clicking the play now! sign.. and then you just wait patiently till the game loads... and right infront of your eyes.. in your screen.. there was the main map to the game. i still remember ALWAYS clicking adventureland and going to the pirates of the caribbean game. i could stay ALL day in that game. i loved that game. many friends, many memories... but for a while i forgot all about vmk till today i was on the computer and i just said.. lets just see what they have about vmk.. and for my surprise there is still a lot of people that miss the game. i may say im one of them... i miss it a lot. i miss getting mad and scream "stupid vmk crashed on me again!"

we all miss the magic.. no other game will be the same

Last edited by Tepcat; 05-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: language
Old 05-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Is Brave really Brave?
Awards Showcase
Happy Holidays'09 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: AFK
bravejacob is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The month before vmk closed i made the best room. that month was the best!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:12 AM
eats shoes
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Spammy
Tyrannosaurus is covered with ConfettiTyrannosaurus is covered with ConfettiTyrannosaurus is covered with Confetti
My favorite memory!

My friend CoolFrank.

Haha we would set up a skull island room and he was the superhero... CoolFrank! And I was Evil Black! We would fight with magic spells and pretend stuff yea it was childish but soo much fun. Then afterwords Id always do a thing where you go like across a wall with a spacesuit on and then once you come back out in the dark villain costume! It was very fun!

That's right respect it!!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Gone - Where I Am.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Adventurous
ElephantEthan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I remember one of the great memories I had in VMK was New Years '07. The eve of was also one of my best friend's birthday. Since this was the day we got to stay in VMK for another three hours, we were exchanging gifts and playing minigames throughout the night. This was the night I got to see ALL my friends at least at once. This was an awesome night and a great memory. I don't really know how to explain more in detail since it's been so long ago but I loved that memory. *No pictures, sorry*
Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 13

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
My memory was asking my dad in real life to buy really expensive things for me. Lol. He was loaded!
Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
My favorite memory is from beta. Those first few weeks were the best. Every room I went I made the friends I would cherish till the day the game closed. I remember going into a popular room to find only a few things in it. Then there was this guy in there who was talking to everybody and I struck up a conversation with him. I chatted with him and a few others and we decided to friend eachother. That was the day I friended yavn and many of my other friends. We had alot of good times together until new rules were made and the game closed...but those times were the best.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 AM
supernicegal
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 2

dianenicolexox is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i miss pirates and all my rooms!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Busy
Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!Batleth has Levitated to new heights!
Thought I'd share a funny moment of VMK...

One day, I was forced to ban a user from VMKF. This user was on my friends list in VMK and found me in game. I was spending some time in VMK Esplanade talking with some friends there at the time. This user came right up to me, got in my face, and started to badger me why they were banned from VMKF. I felt that VMK was not the place to talk about such things and told them so. They continued and got rather rude about it. I requested they contact me here on the forums or via our site contact, but that didn't seem good enough for them.

I'm guessing someone must have reported the problem as there were quite a few people in the room and noticing what was going on. QA_Caffdawg suddenly popped into the room. It only took her to read a few lines of what the user was saying then the user was suddenly booted from the game!

QA_Caffdawg proceeded then to ask how everyone was and if we were having a good time. Everyone was laughing because we all knew she had booted that user but didn't want to make it look too obvious. She stayed a few minutes to talk then left.

Some days it was nice when staff knew exactly who you were..
Old 05-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Think Think Think
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Thoughtful
TopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoTopazR ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
There were innumerable "bests" for me from VMK. One of the many bests was simply the people - anywhere from those I only encountered briefly in game, all the way to those friends I still am in touch with today. VMK was the first of this type game I was ever really involved with, and I'll never forget it and the magic it brought to my life.

~~~

Last edited by TopazR; 06-02-2009 at 09:20 AM..
Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
My favorite vmk memories was hanging out with my brother. He would help me out and show me the ropes of vmk. After awhile we helped each other with trades, quests, saving credits, and attending host events without disconnecting.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:24 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
A Sweet Memory

The very first time I played VMK was inside Innoventions at Disneyland during the summer of 2005, and I must say, it is a good thing I didn't go off of first impressions! I had enjoyed doing the in-park quests and getting reward cards, however, attempting to play a game of pirates using a giant rollerball mouse (and having neglected to read the instructions...) left much to be desired.

I did try again upon returning home in order to enter the codes for the VMK loot I had accumulated and became engrossed in completing the Hidden Mickey Quest. A cast member had mistakenly told me that completing the quest awarded Golden Mickey Ears. My character was already proudly wearing her Traditional Mickey Ears, having been Born in Park and wished to have a brand new shiny pair of ears perched atop her head. Alas, when I finished the quest with and got the Gold Oswald for my efforts, I figured something was amiss. I did eventually discover that Golden Mickey Ears were obtained from a secret code printed on a card that could be gotten at the parks and I was able to get a pair on my next trip.

My interactions with fellow players were very hit and miss. I was constantly bombarded with people asking me where I had gotten my black ears. I was more than willing to explain that my character had been made in park, but when they started begging to have my ears, it became a bit much. I found many players to be very willing to help, especially when I was having trouble finding a hidden mickey in a particular room. And while there were often times when lengthy conversations blossomed from a simple question I had asked, I never formed any strong friendships during my early days.

I'm not sure if I was particularly dense or just didn't read the in-game help guide, but I remember feeling a little lost and thinking that there were parts of the game that could be much better explained. These initial feelings of being overwhelmed, a tiny avatar in a huge virtual world, ultimately inspired me to join in the efforts to create a comprehensive VMK Guide for the DOW Wiki. Hopefully anybody who used our guide learned the correct way to obtain Gold Mickey Ears!

Playing VMK as a DOW editor was a much difference experience than playing as a "normal" player. New item releases, while still exciting, were also stress inducing. Those arbitrary VMK decisions that left players scratching their heads often left me groaning and yanking my hair out in big ol' clumps. And don't even get me started on the announcement that VMK was closing....

Despite a rocky start and my wiki worries, my memories of VMK remain fond and unforgettable.

One of my favorite memories comes from the Gingerbread House Competition. While may early days may have been lonely and friendless, this memory demonstrates to me how important forums are for being able to form and maintain in-game friends. My gingerbread house was actually one of the only rooms I ever took the time to build, and it was by far the one I put the most effort into. After its completion, I left the room open and I was shocked at the number of visitors I received. So many familiar faces from the forums came to take a peek (and a nibble!). I was thrilled to play host to all my forum friends and this sweet holiday memory will stay with me forever.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Summer 0'9 :)
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Hopeful
GoofyGal1213 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think a great memory I have is just hanging out with my friend dramaqueen we would just sit and talk in main street,play POTC whatever we always had fun.Its a simple memory but that's what VMK is about friendship
Old 05-31-2009, 05:47 PM
misses VMK
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

ACECpt.RICH is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My favorite memory was winning Best Quest room twice. I had worked really hard, tried many ideas, asked for advice, and tried so much that it got to the point where I was going to quit and give up. However, the week I was going to take a few weeks off from VMK, I won!

Then, I was rewarded again in February of 2008, and it was great getting a VIP pin!