Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Help now!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Sad
BelieveNTheMagic is floating through Inner Space
Well, I got "Ad-Aware 2007". I'm not sure if that's a good program. I still recieve some pop-ups, and I removed that "mirar" toolbar. I'm now getting this message that the title is:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

the message says:

Buffer overrun detected!

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. This program cannont safely continue execution and mus now be terminated.

Then, there is a button that says "Ok". I click on it but then my screen goes missing without the icons and the bottom toolbar, and comes up again with all the stuff and the same message. How do I get that spybot thing? Were getting a person to come fix this friday or saturday.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Simply search spybot and there should be a free download Im pretty sure. If there is anything your not seeing still it will get rid of it.

Edit: Anything ad-ware is harmful to computers especially newer updates, they can be small but some of them are deadly to c drives
Old 07-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered+

oatman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
WinATS.dll is a file windows file so if its bugging you thne you should listen to it, just remove everything that he put on your computer and who knows it may not have been your cousin.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered+

oatman is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsFanJoey View Post
Well, I got "Ad-Aware 2007". I'm not sure if that's a good program. I still recieve some pop-ups, and I removed that "mirar" toolbar. I'm now getting this message that the title is:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

the message says:

Buffer overrun detected!

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. This program cannont safely continue execution and mus now be terminated.

Then, there is a button that says "Ok". I click on it but then my screen goes missing without the icons and the bottom toolbar, and comes up again with all the stuff and the same message. How do I get that spybot thing? Were getting a person to come fix this friday or saturday.
This is to deal with a program that was coded with Microsoft C++, I recommend checking your start up items in Start<All Programs<Startup
If youro cousin was smart enough it may also have been placed in the registry.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
A.K.A..Alien or AB

Alienboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Here is the link to Spybot, dont worry, its a safe sight. http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...ml?tag=lst-0-1 Once you get it besure to update the definitions and virus rules. I recommend putting the Scanning Detection one button above critical. Close out of all programs and let it scan, watch TV or something becuse it might take a while. Come back and Fix anything that is bad. Microsofts Firewall might pop up as a bad thing, if you are unsure click on the plus sign take a Screen shot and post it.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
I remember that, i got it when i got a virus...(just saying >.<)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 PM
GatorGreen

GatorGreen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Just a reminder, when you run Spybot, only fix items in red. The items in green are usually harmless.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Hi.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

PaperClip is floating through Inner Space
You can get to your Program Files folder, by going to My Computer --> C:\ Drive --> Program Files.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Quoting Neoteny is fun.

neodude237 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The best way to fix this would be a windows reinstall... backup your data, and using the discs that came with your computer, reset it, and you will lose EVERYTHING by doing that.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienboy View Post
Here is the link to Spybot, dont worry, its a safe sight. http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...ml?tag=lst-0-1 Once you get it besure to update the definitions and virus rules. I recommend putting the Scanning Detection one button above critical. Close out of all programs and let it scan, watch TV or something becuse it might take a while. Come back and Fix anything that is bad. Microsofts Firewall might pop up as a bad thing, if you are unsure click on the plus sign take a Screen shot and post it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_GatorGreen View Post
Just a reminder, when you run Spybot, only fix items in red. The items in green are usually harmless.
Thanks for the help everyone. I got the program in the link. It scanned the computer and found 92 problems. It only fixed 90 of them and it told me to restart the computer. From there it scanned it over again and found 1 problem and fixed that. Should I delete the "Ad-Aware" program? Also, in my other post about a window that doesn't go away. How can I get rid of that?
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Soccer 24/7
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award 
Total Awards: 15

VIP
AceGoalkeeper ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
If i were you i'd talk to my cousin and ask him/her everything they did on your computer.

- Ace
Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 PM
A.K.A..Alien or AB

Alienboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nah keep that Ad-Aware its a good program, I have it scan on start up as well as my spyware program. I dont get what window you mean. Do you mean that one with C++? Post a pic
Old 07-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienboy View Post
Nah keep that Ad-Aware its a good program, I have it scan on start up as well as my spyware program. I dont get what window you mean. Do you mean that one with C++? Post a pic
[IMG]http://i14.************/6gn5ra9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM
GatorGreen

GatorGreen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsFanJoey View Post
Thanks for the help everyone. I got the program in the link. It scanned the computer and found 92 problems. It only fixed 90 of them and it told me to restart the computer. From there it scanned it over again and found 1 problem and fixed that. Should I delete the "Ad-Aware" program? Also, in my other post about a window that doesn't go away. How can I get rid of that?
What antivirus program are you running?

I personally wouldn't suggest Ad-Aware 2007. If you are running a good antivirus and Spybot, you could do without it. The 2007 version can cause some harm. In my experiences of running the program, it did not help.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Hmm..
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Born In Park VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_GatorGreen View Post
What antivirus program are you running?

I personally wouldn't suggest Ad-Aware 2007. If you are running a good antivirus and Spybot, you could do without it. The 2007 version can cause some harm. In my experiences of running the program, it did not help.
I'm only using the Spybot Search and Destroy right now.