Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old A humble thought

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Is working on his VW
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park
Mickeypaws is as Frosty as a Snowman
Arrow A humble thought

I have often found myself thinking of VMK, drawing about it, evening creating avatar flats.

Why would I do this? When not working on my Virtual Realm, I'm either;

1. Thinking about VMK to the extent of where I'm left with a lonesome feeling, like nobody gets me,

2. Drawing about VMK, this makes me a little calmer than I usally am, ( not intenting I have a easy temper,)

3. Make Avatar Flats. This makes feel like I'm in my room, on VMK.

Why do I post this? For one reason. We all know that VMK was, or is, a Masterpiece that nobody, not even Disney, will be able to take away from us. Sure, they've locked the gates, and closed the main hub, VMK.com.
But they haven't locked our faith to keep fighting have they? Yes, we've seen a few minor set backs, but we NEED to let Disney see what kind of artwork VMK truly is. Does Disney want to give in? No, they don't. And thats there choice. But sooner or later, one side or another, will have to fall. Classic War. One side makes a mistake, the other takes advantage of that, and uses it against the othersides will.

Think of it like this. We have 20,000 so people fighting for VMK, even if you don't know it. Some may go on other forums, some may not even go on a forum. Does that mean we've lost hope? No.

If this is war, we need to do the unthinkable. We need to make them think we don't care about VMK anymore, and we don't care about there attempts to lure us with mediorge copys of Rock Band, or there so called " Rock stars "
Remember the good times? Getting up on a saturday morning, and watching Mouse Factory, or House of Mouse, or even other Disney themed cartoons. Sure, some things they do now are okay, but what would you rather have?
Hannah Montana and High School Musical, or Mickey Mouse and Timon and Pummba? [sp?] Think about it, were not just fight for VMK, were in the rebellion against a Corporate Super-Power! Many people have not heard about VMK, but alot of adults and kids would rather have Walt's family based system, instead of the Corporate money grubbers now. Disney milks the cow for all its worth, then abandons the cow and jumps on the bandwagon for the next big thing. Were not just in a little disagreement, were in a war! Sooner or later, one side will give the other side its demands, and one side will fall. We have to give Disney our demands, then if they don't agree with us, use everyone who wants Walt's Disney back, instead of the Robert Iger one to fight with us until Disney falls! - Just my Two-cents

{Paws}
Old 01-04-2009, 01:47 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: SaveVMK
StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypaws View Post
I have often found myself thinking of VMK, drawing about it, evening creating avatar flats.

Why would I do this? When not working on my Virtual Realm, I'm either;

1. Thinking about VMK to the extent of where I'm left with a lonesome feeling, like nobody gets me,

2. Drawing about VMK, this makes me a little calmer than I usally am, ( not intenting I have a easy temper,)

3. Make Avatar Flats. This makes feel like I'm in my room, on VMK.

Why do I post this? For one reason. We all know that VMK was, or is, a Masterpiece that nobody, not even Disney, will be able to take away from us. Sure, they've locked the gates, and closed the main hub, VMK.com.
But they haven't locked our faith to keep fighting have they? Yes, we've seen a few minor set backs, but we NEED to let Disney see what kind of artwork VMK truly is. Does Disney want to give in? No, they don't. And thats there choice. But sooner or later, one side or another, will have to fall. Classic War. One side makes a mistake, the other takes advantage of that, and uses it against the othersides will.

Think of it like this. We have 20,000 so people fighting for VMK, even if you don't know it. Some may go on other forums, some may not even go on a forum. Does that mean we've lost hope? No.

If this is war, we need to do the unthinkable. We need to make them think we don't care about VMK anymore, and we don't care about there attempts to lure us with mediorge copys of Rock Band, or there so called " Rock stars "
Remember the good times? Getting up on a saturday morning, and watching Mouse Factory, or House of Mouse, or even other Disney themed cartoons. Sure, some things they do now are okay, but what would you rather have?
Hannah Montana and High School Musical, or Mickey Mouse and Timon and Pummba? [sp?] Think about it, were not just fight for VMK, were in the rebellion against a Corporate Super-Power! Many people have not heard about VMK, but alot of adults and kids would rather have Walt's family based system, instead of the Corporate money grubbers now. Disney milks the cow for all its worth, then abandons the cow and jumps on the bandwagon for the next big thing. Were not just in a little disagreement, were in a war! Sooner or later, one side will give the other side its demands, and one side will fall. We have to give Disney our demands, then if they don't agree with us, use everyone who wants Walt's Disney back, instead of the Robert Iger one to fight with us until Disney falls! - Just my Two-cents

{Paws}
Bravo!!! You're doing well with this LordIllidan-style, super-long post thing! BTW, it's spelled Pumbaa, not Pummba. My answer to your question is both. I like Hannah and HSM, but timeless classics like Mickey Mouse have their own special place in Disney magic, too. Also, common sense shows that if you like a cow's milk, you are supposed to breed it with a bull whose mother gave good milk. You are therefore fine-tuning your cows' milk, generation by generation. If you throw away your cow, the distinctive taste of its milk will be gone forever. I am NOT advocating putting Mickey Mouse in Hannah Montana concerts, as that would be sour milk. I also am not advocating getting rid of Hannah and HSM, since they give good, but different, milk. Rather, Disney should remember what works and what doesn't, and stay with what works. Money should NOT be the only issue. The way VMK was planned, it would be very difficult to tell if it was really making money for Disney, since Disney's divisions act as separate entities. As with any promotion which increases revenue by 5% or less, VMK's revenue increase was probably not seen. VMK could have been making a 900% profit over the cost of maintenance through Parks visits, and Disney would not have known, since measurement of the motive behind a visit is not very easy (Surveys help a bit, but still VMK might have been like "the straw that broke the camel's back", and not the #1 reason, in convincing someone to go to DLR or WDW)
Old 01-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I don't think we should to the extreme of war, we should try to remind Disney that they made a masterpeice and they must not forget it. War is going a bit too far.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I don't think we should to the extreme of war, we should try to remind Disney that they made a masterpeice and they must not forget it. War is going a bit too far.
i was about to say. the whole thing is more of a negotiation to reopen it. war wasn't the best metaphor but i do agree

Last edited by la4gator; 01-04-2009 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: re-write
Old 01-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Mostly agree..
- acefredfred
Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: VMK
GreatGreenWizard is spinning in a Cursed Storm
VMK was a masterpeice, at the very least. A game for all to enjoy, as Walt intended when he made Disney Land. VMK will remain in the hearts of many for a long time to come. It wasn't some fad or promotion that would be forgotten in a few years, such as HSM and Hannah Montana. It was a true work of brilliance. Yet Disney shook it off and called it nothing more than a promotion. That is an insult to me. Why if I remember correctly while Walt tried to get Steamboat Willie (The first Mickey Cartoon that got into theaters) into theaters he was told that the coorprate had very little understanding for what the public wants. That very same now applies to the Disney company it self.