Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old Think About It....

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:39 AM
i am a sloth.
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 15

Born In Park
My Mood: PandaExpress
Friez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in TreasureFriez is Buried in Treasure
Think About It....

So it's about 10:00 at night right now and I feel like writing. I may write a lot, so just bear with me here.

So of course we all know about VMK's closing right? (If you didn't, you have a few problems) We've heard a lot of rumors about VMK opening back up again? VMK Stories? What? Why would people make up stories and stuff like this if it's not true? Because...
1) people like to mess with other people... because it's fun
2) it could, per se, show how obsessed you are with the game
3) it gives people hope

I recently read a book for school. Not my favorite book, but it sort of applies here. So there's this kid named Kevin and he is basically what we call a midget. He has those crutches and he can't walk right and he has trouble eating to fast, etc. The kid had always told himself, because it could have been true, that he was going to get a new body. He would no longer have to live with all of these problems. Unfortunately, Kevin never got his new body. This sort of applies to what is happening with VMK rumors. After VMK closed, we were like Kevin. We always told ourselves "I'm going to get a new VMK, I'm going to get a new VMK," until suddenly, we crash. Years, months, or weeks pass until we get the news that VMK will not reopen. In the book, Kevin's friend Max gets upset about his friends situation. After we heard that VMK was going to close, we all lost it too didn't we? But the thing is, those rumors, just like Kevin telling himself that he was getting a new body, it gave us hope. We believed that VMK would never leave and that it would live on forever. This kid Kevin thought that his life would be better because he would be getting a new body. Eventually, we're gonna crash and burn. (I think...)

Eh... I'll write more when I get the time. I must go to sleep now.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 05-09-2009 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: non-g
Old 05-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friez View Post
So it's about 10:00 at night right now and I feel like writing. I may write a lot, so just bear with me here.

So of course we all know about VMK's closing right? (If you didn't, you have a few problems) We've heard a lot of rumors about VMK opening back up again? VMK Stories? What? Why would people make up stories and stuff like this if it's not true? Because...
1) people like to mess with other people... because it's fun
2) it could, per se, show how obsessed you are with the game
3) it gives people hope

I recently read a book for school. Not my favorite book, but it sort of applies here. So there's this kid named Kevin and he is basically what we call a midget. He has those crutches and he can't walk right and he has trouble eating to fast, etc. The kid had always told himself, because it could have been true, that he was going to get a new body. He would no longer have to live with all of these problems. Unfortunately, Kevin never got his new body. This sort of applies to what is happening with VMK rumors. After VMK closed, we were like Kevin. We always told ourselves "I'm going to get a new VMK, I'm going to get a new VMK," until suddenly, we crash. Years, months, or weeks pass until we get the news that VMK will not reopen. In the book, Kevin's friend Max gets upset about his friends situation. After we heard that VMK was going to close, we all lost it too didn't we? But the thing is, those rumors, just like Kevin telling himself that he was getting a new body, it gave us hope. We believed that VMK would never leave and that it would live on forever. This kid Kevin thought that his life would be better because he would be getting a new body. Eventually, we're gonna crash and burn. (I think...)

Eh... I'll write more when I get the time. I must go to sleep now.
False hope is no hope at all, and, in this case, it looks to me like we've ALREADY crashed and burnt, with this false hope as the cause.

The VMK Resistance has been inert for almost half a year now, and I can count the number of people still fighting for her on my fingers. Yes, there's a possibility she may rise up again, and I very much hope she does, but right now? I'd consider this a crashed and burnt state.

And why did we crash and burn? Because people had a false hope. They believed VMK was coming back when it wasn't, and stopped fighting because of it. They thought they already won, so why waste time fighting any further? Then, of course, when this mythical re-release date comes around and VMK is still nowhere to be found, morale is crushed, and people give up altogether.

Something that is told that is not true and is KNOWN to be not true is called a lie, regardless of the liar's intentions. So, why are you believing these liars?

I'm going to tell you something. The world is a harsh, rough place. At times (Like the time VMK closed), the world is downright mean, demoralizing, crushing, unfair, and in general a total cesspit.

When you realize this, you can do either two things. You can either curl up into a corner and tell yourself it's going to be alright when deep down you know it's not, or you can get up and do something about it.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.