Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Return 2 Zero Fired At Disney Hollywood Studios

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Go Donald Duck!!!!!!!!!!!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Exasperated
Bobray is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's Di$ney? I hate Di$ney. Luckily, however, there's Disney!

How Disney thinks:
Mr. Iger:Magic Magic Magic!
Secretary: Mr. Iger, you have a call. It's a child who want's to speak with you about Disney's future.
Mr. Iger: :Let me talk to him.
Secretary: Okay, hold on.
Kid: Mr. Iger, I hate the company because nothing is happening the way I like it. I mean, if I want chicken tenders instead of chicken nuggets, I should get it.
Mr. Iger: Disney makes our decisions for the best of the company and the world. Not just because a few kids can't get their way and blame it on "Disney's only in it for the money" thing. We make our decisions in the interest of a bigger audience than just you. Other people like the decisions we make very much. And if you don't like one or two these decisions, we have many other things that you might like instead.
Kid: I still think that the decisions should be made in my interest.
Mr. Iger: No, it should be made in the world's interest.
Kid: Me!
Mr. Iger: The world!
Kid: Fine, I'll just say Di$ney's only in it for the money on VMKF.
(no offense to anyone, but this is how it looks to me)

Last edited by Bobray; 08-21-2008 at 02:54 AM..
Old 08-21-2008, 02:29 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I know why they needed the money, because zac and his huge ego wanted three times more money than everyone else. I agree with the princess boutique thing, it scares me. The bun hairstyle is cute, but when they do the other style they make it look like their are rats living in their hair(aka a rats nest) and they charge like 50 dollars for it.

My dad feels your pain he loved them, he bought their cd and everything. But I avoided them like the plauge.(sorry they weren't really my thing)
True true. So very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobray View Post
Sorry, mine doesn't have that option.

If you look at it from a younger kid's perspective, they probably love everything that Disney is giving them, like the botiques, HSM, and Hannah Montana and can't get enough of them. Is Disney supposed to say, that's it! Get over it! or should they give them what they want? I don't think Disney is into everything just for the money, it's just business. What's the purpose of Imagineers if they can't change the old things? If you wanted everything in the parks to be the same, you mine as well fire all the Imagineers. You can't keep the park preserved from when it first opened. Plus, it's good to have new things in the park.
First off, I am sorry about your arbys, its unfortuante lol. Although, I am not a younger kid, I am a kid who looks forward to disney, but certain things more than others and that being one of them. You support my theory that disney is becoming "childrenized". However you make good points in imaginnering, although I dont think imagineers created four for a dollar.

Quote:

How Disney thinks:
Secretary: Mr. Iger, you have a call. It's a child who want's to speak with you about Disney's future.
Kid: Mr. Iger, I hate the company because nothing is happening the way I like it. I mean, if I want chicken tenders instead of chicken nuggets, I should get it.
Mr. Iger: Disney makes our decisions for the best of the company and the world. Not just because a few kids can't get their way and blame it on "Disney's only in it for the money" thing. We make our decisions in the interest of a bigger audience than just you. Other people like the decisions we make very much. And if you don't like one or two these decisions, we have many other things that you might like instead.
(no offense to anyone, but this is how it sounds to me)
Now why would Iger's secretary allow a kid to talk to him? He is much much too busy to take a child's call. However if you replaced the kid with the adult it would make sense. Oh and dont tell me you like chicken nuggets better than tenders!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 

Quote:
Now why would Iger's secretary allow a kid to talk to him? He is much much too busy to take a child's call. However if you replaced the kid with the adult it would make sense.
responding to cookiefairy's post

Quote:
Oh and dont tell me you like chicken nuggets better than tenders!!!
BuzzBoy explained that the tenders wouldn't cook all the way through, so for health concerns, Disney changed it to nuggets. Hope I got that right buzzboy.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
BuzzBoy explained that the tenders wouldn't cook all the way through, so for health concerns, Disney changed it to nuggets. Hope I got that right buzzboy.
Well that makes some sense. I dont really enjoy food poisoning from undercooked food, however they honestly believe a deep fried chicken nugget made from non-real meat is fixing a health concern for undercooked meat?
Old 08-21-2008, 03:04 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
It is REAL chicken and they replaced them to keep quallaty up. I even talked to a Cast Member, and they explained the whole thing.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Awards Showcase

I agree with you that tenders are better than nuggets, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As for my Arby's, I was sad too. It makes me want to sing American Fry:
"The day, the fry had died.
Bye, bye, miss american fry.
Brought my Darby to the Arby's
but the service was slow.
And good old boys were
drinking coke and a Sprite saying,
'This just doesn't seem right'
'This just doesn't seem right'"

Err, Sorry for breaking out in song like that, but I just really miss those fries!
Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wait they are just stopping the pre-show right? Not the beauty and beast show all together?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:24 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Yeah, just the pre show.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:07 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
You do know the Disney is currently run by the 8th dwarf, Greedy.

Also I love the fact Arby's has Curly Fries. It's more original and I prefer them to french fries. Just my opinion. I also should probably mention I only go to Arby's once or twice a year tops.

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Return 2 Zero has their own website from which you can buy their Cd's and contact them. I doubt they would sell their Cd's in park but if it gets disney money () who knows...
I actually saw their CD's in a store at Disney Hollywood Studios. It was a store with a bunch of ESPN and golf stuff.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:35 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase

Quote:
I agree with you that tenders are better than nuggets, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

As for my Arby's, I was sad too. It makes me want to sing American Fry:
"The day, the fry had died.
Bye, bye, miss american fry.
Brought my Darby to the Arby's
but the service was slow.
And good old boys were
drinking coke and a Sprite saying,
'This just doesn't seem right'
'This just doesn't seem right'"

Err, Sorry for breaking out in song like that, but I just really miss those fries!
Its ok, sometimes we all just need to share our feelings on curly vs origional! While I do like origional I occasionally get curly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer_Nick View Post
You do know the Disney is currently run by the 8th dwarf, Greedy.

Also I love the fact Arby's has Curly Fries. It's more original and I prefer them to french fries. Just my opinion. I also should probably mention I only go to Arby's once or twice a year tops.
I agree, the curly fries are super delicious, and are fun to play with like a barrel of monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorams View Post
I actually saw their CD's in a store at Disney Hollywood Studios. It was a store with a bunch of ESPN and golf stuff.
Right now their Cd's are on sale in most stores with soundtracks throughout disney. It depends on what disney wants to do when September 20 comes around and the group is gone. Disney just might keep their merchandise since they do get a cut of it...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
Well that makes some sense. I dont really enjoy food poisoning from undercooked food, however they honestly believe a deep fried chicken nugget made from non-real meat is fixing a health concern for undercooked meat?
I find it funny that the first how many years they had chicken nuggets they weren't undercoocked(I would know that's all my brother would get at disney), yet recently "they were undercooked". So all those other years they gave billions of people food poisoning. I'm confused and lost, it reminds me of the reason they closed vmk because,"it was just a promotion." I went back to WDW sometime early this month and had their chicken nuggets, they were better than most chicken nuggets,but my brother and I both agreed the chicken tenders were better and more filling. Yes you are correct they look like mini chicken tenders.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Where Dreams Come True :)
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy Valentine's Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: RockOn
Gorams is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I find it funny that the first how many years they had chicken nuggets they weren't undercoocked(I would know that's all my brother would get at disney), yet recently "they were undercooked". So all those other years they gave billions of people food poisoning. I'm confused and lost, it reminds me of the reason they closed vmk because,"it was just a promotion." I went back to WDW sometime early this month and had their chicken nuggets, they were better than most chicken nuggets,but my brother and I both agreed the chicken tenders were better and more filling. Yes you are correct they look like mini chicken tenders.
I agree, I had the chicken nuggets many times in June and they were delicous. I don't see what everyone is complaining about.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:36 AM
.:Remember:.
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: VMK
cookiefairy is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:

How Disney thinks:
(no offense to anyone, but this is how it looks to me)
That was kind of rude.. I didn't insult YOU or anyone individual in my post. I was just kidding anyway.. even though it is the way Di$ney thinks.
I really don't care that much about the chicken thing. I just think that Di$ney should understand that some people do feel strongly about it. It's also not just me who is not in support of Di$ney.
Why would Iger talk to a kid? He didn't even READ my e-mail.
Please don't be rude.

It's too bad about the opening show thing. What changes come next?
Old 08-23-2008, 02:54 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Okay, none of the changes are a big deal. Chicken tenders to chicken nuggets isn't the end of the world. It's not even as bad as Arby's changing their french fries to curly fries. As for the Princess Botiques, almost every girl I saw was wearing those dresses, so I think they must love it. And for the Disney stores, the stores aren't owned by Disney. They were owned by a children's store company called Hoop Retail. However, recently Hoop Retail was thinking of selling the stores back to Disney ( or so I've been told). And canceling the opening act doesn't ruin the whole Beauty and the Beast show. I think it all depends on your opinion, but I think these changes are necessary. You have to make changes once and a while, or else you'll never progress forward, you'll just be stuck in the past.
Keep Moving Forward. That's what disney is about these days.