Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > Other G Rated Games > Other Games Archive

Other Games Archive Other Games Archive

Old Super Smash Brawl Hype Thread!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Er, he's not weak at all, his Final Smash is one of the best.. just while using his Final Smash, his Special Moves don't get the great boost his normal moves do. His neutral B move(Chomp) doesn't even get a boost at all, his Bike CAN be used effectively(as I have used it), but it's often better to just use a forward smash, then follow up with multiple forward aerial attacks. His neutral, up, back, and forward aerials all propel him in the direction pointed, as well as more upwards for neutral and up, so chasing down others with his moves are great.
And Wario is actually great, you just need some practice tricking people with him, due to the range of his attacks are rather low.. so just fool your opponent, create an opening, then POW. I'm not a big fan of him, but I can use him more effectively than I used to..
I'd love to do friend codes with you, too, then do a match with you to give you an idea on how to fight with him.
Also, any other character you need ideas on how to use? I'm good with all 35(technically 39 due to transformations(AKA Zero Suit Samus, Shiek, Pokemon Trainer's three pokemon), although I am considerably better with some characters over others(Ike. Not only do I like him in his games, I'm great with him in SSBB) Maybe I'm too good, I've beaten level 9 CPUs on my first try with some characters, the only real experience I had with them is watching matches between experts. I have a semi-photographic memory.. so if I see any good combos, POOF. Me is betterz.
And I have beaten Boss Battles on Intense, so if you want strategy on that, just ask(I used Charizard, but I can give you pointers with other characters, too!) Games aren't as fun unless I help people with them.. it's.. more entertaining for me if I do. Just keeping all the info I got to myself doesn't do me a hill o' beans.
Do I talk strange?
Old 04-21-2008, 04:44 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
I must be lowsy at this game... Mario doesn't have a bike, chomp, and what is a Final Smash?!

~Key
Old 04-21-2008, 05:20 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I can't wait for this game! I am always a big fan of these types of games.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:38 AM
Also known as Djar
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 2

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Happy
Derejin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Not Mario, Wario. Wario was originally Mario's rival, but he really made his name in the more recent WarioWare Microgames series, which consist of playing many 5 second(give or take) games in a row.
Final Smashes are powerful attacks used by characters after they successfully break a Smash Ball, which is a floating Smash Bros. Symbol. After you break a Smash Ball( it's an item, so turn it on if you haven't), then your character will start to glow. When they are glowing, your neutral special move(I.E. the special move you perform without pressing the control stick/D-pad in any direction) will be replaced by a powerful Final Smash. Final Smashes vary greatly from character to character, Mario's is a powerful, large wave of flame which grabs up any characters caught in it, deals heavy damage, and drags them off the screen. Links is a one shot move, he fires a beam up light from his hand, which travels in a straight line. If any opponent is hit by this light, they are trapped within the Triforce, and Link then slashes them like mad, then does an extremely powerful slash, most likely resulting in a KO. Those are just two out of the 37 Final Smashes,(Although 4 of them are sorta copies of others) and many are really great.

Wario's is a transformation into Wario-Man, which I've never seen, due to I haven't played his more recent games, but while in this Wario-Man state, almost all of his moves are REALLY boosted in power, and some gain side effects.. for instance, his neutral ground combo(I.E. pressing A repeatedly on the ground without pressing any direction) gains unlimited combo effect, just keep pressing A and your opponent can't escape. His strong moves(I.E. A pressed while pressing Forward, Backward, Up, or Down) become REALLY fast, allowing you to sorta shield yourself with them(although you're invincible). His Forward Smash gains a sliding effect, sending him far and dealing incredible damage. His aerial moves(Pressing A in conjunction with pressing any direction) propel him that way, and can be used unlimitedly, allowing him to really fly! And still more.

My favorite Final Smashes hafta be Yoshi's (Super Dragon, he gains wings, and the ability to spit powerful fireballs of doom), Bowser's(Turns into Giga Bowser from Melee, but gains the ability to not get knocked back. If you've seen Giga Bowser, then I don't need to say any more), and Fox's(and varients)(he goes into his Landmaster Tank. It's.. a tank. No explanation needed. )
I TALK ALOT. FEAR MY TALKING.