Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old A weird dream I had about VMK closing...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: SaveVMK
DocCalvin is spinning in a Cursed Storm
A weird dream I had about VMK closing...

I had this weird dream last night in which I used the Wayback Machine to go back to an earlier version of the VMK website, before it closed. I clicked the 'Play Now' button, logged in, and I actually was in! I don't know how I managed either... anyhow, I logged in a few minutes before VMK closed, and when it did, I got that message that came up when it closed. Anyway, I clicked 'OK' and I was swiftly taken to that Disney Travel page. Anyhow, I went back to the version after it closed, and the Log In button still existed, so I logged back in, and then it told me that I couldn't enter VMK since it was closed! So I clicked 'OK' and I was back at the Disney Travel page, only this time it changed slightly every few seconds!

It was so strange - and yet, it can't be done because the Wayback Machine currently has no pages on VMK in 2008. What do you think about that dream then, eh? Somehow, I think it revolves around the Disney Travel page, but it might be me...
Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
My Mood: Disney
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Weird! Have another dream like that!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Wants to find more magic.

tryingtogetbackintovmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, maybe your dreams could have some sort of moral or idea to them.

~ Tee
Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Golden Years Award 

I think that one had - try to use the Wayback Machine to get back in! It's ingenious!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
<--- EPCOT Fireworks
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

climberJW is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've never heard of the Wayback Machine. Maybe it's one of those dreams that predicts the future, where VMK will come back! But maybe it turned into a nightmare because it said it was closed. Idk LOL.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:12 PM
WWTBAM Fan!
Awards Showcase

No no, the Wayback Machine is supposed to be an archive of websites...
Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
I've done my fair share of research using the Wayback Machine and have managed to find this. Unfortunately, after typing in your username and password and clicking "Log In," the page goes blank.

To my knowledge, it would be impossible to access an online game through the Wayback Machine. The Wayback Machine is simply an internet archive that shows "snapshots" of past web pages.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Di$$$$$$ney
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: BanHappy
Flame Gun is spinning in a Cursed Storm
The only time the wayback machine works is if there is still acess to the server. VMK is on a different server which is ethier turned off, or locked down.