Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old About all these plans bringing VMK back

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:01 PM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
About all these plans bringing VMK back

I'm sorry, I dont mean to burst your bubbles. But I dont think that VMK is going to come back.

Yea, I wish it would and I love it and all. (I have all the sounds, music, and pictures on my iPod. Over 7,000 things.)

But it's already been like 2 years, I think they would've said something now, about if it was coming back or not.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:31 PM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
It's only been one year, tyvm.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Soccer 24/7
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award 
Total Awards: 15

VIP
AceGoalkeeper ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
It's only been one year, tyvm.
It's been a year and 2 1/2 months. Close enough. Sorry, but I have to agree with Destination, people need to learn to let things go sometimes. You can't go on through life holding on to things... VMK isn't any different. And even if they decided they wanted to, who knows if it would even be possible to bring it back? It could be gone for good.

- Ace

Click my signature to visit my userpage or click here.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
My Mood: VMK
LuckyJazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I totally agree with you. VMK is not coming back. I, too, loved the game, but I put that behind me.. letting it be a memory.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
VMK 1.0? Most likely not. But, as someone else pointed out to me... Disney's new "Quantity over Quality" strategy with their MMOs could very well mean another parks-based MMO in the works. I just want to open up some dialogue with Disney to make sure they don't make the same mistakes they did with VMK.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post
VMK 1.0? Most likely not. But, as someone else pointed out to me... Disney's new "Quantity over Quality" strategy with their MMOs could very well mean another parks-based MMO in the works. I just want to open up some dialogue with Disney to make sure they don't make the same mistakes they did with VMK.
Let's hope they also don't make the mistake of continuing to follow the excellent "quantity over quality" strategy when making a promotion that they need. They need to make a quality game at least once in a while for their corporate genius "Let's make a game every other week" plan to work.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destination View Post
...I dont mean to burst your bubbles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyJazz View Post
...VMK is not coming back...
Agreed. VMK is never, ever coming back. Disney doesn't want to waste their money when they aren't making in profit.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:05 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Demand.
Thats it.
We just need to show there is long-term demand for VMK.
It'll show they could put the $$$ in Di$$$ney.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:49 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
ThrillJacob is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Agreed. VMK is never, ever coming back. Disney doesn't want to waste their money when they aren't making in profit.
Wait a second...VMK has absolutely no money making potential, so Disney is not willing to invest a few dollars to bring back a quality game? Let's take a look at that...

1. 90,000 people did in-park quests. How many were Annual Passholders buying extra, unnecessary passes to avoid the questing limit? I would say a few thousand, that's money for Disney.

2. People booked DLR trips for Stitch Hats.

3. People bought movies for DMR points to get an Inferno.

4. Disney sold pins for Pirate Q, and many people bought them just for the in-game items.

Now that was the past VMK. Let's say they bring those back and more (at least similar promotions to those listed above)

1. Pay-to-play. I'd say $6 a month is fair.

2. Sell in-game items. Many games have done it and have become successful through it.

Now, the investment would be a contract with Sulake, rebuilding two VMK Centrals, making some pins, some quest cards, and adding VMK back to the go.com domain. After this, they start making the money. Once we show demand, they have a much higher chance of bringing it back, because that's what a corporation needs to do to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
Demand.
Thats it.
We just need to show there is long-term demand for VMK.
It'll show they could put the $$$ in Di$$$ney.
The demand will be what brings it back, the things I listed above is what will put the $ in Di$ney. Especially in this economic disaster with the parks losing profits, less people go to the parks, they want a way to experience it at home. They would most likely be willing to pay a small fee. And like I said, this game has potential to bring people to the actual parks where they make more money.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Awards Showcase
Epitaph Participant's Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 

My Mood: Procastinating
Palkia is as Frosty as a Snowman
I don't think it's coming back...I'm sorry. I wish it can, but the likely chances of that is rock bottom zero. I'm sorry.

I'm a scene kid XP
Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 AM
I'm cool...
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award Mod Match Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Trivia Winner 

Aggie is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillJacob View Post
Wait a second...VMK has absolutely no money making potential, so Disney is not willing to invest a few dollars to bring back a quality game? Let's take a look at that...

1. 90,000 people did in-park quests. How many were Annual Passholders buying extra, unnecessary passes to avoid the questing limit? I would say a few thousand, that's money for Disney.

2. People booked DLR trips for Stitch Hats.

3. People bought movies for DMR points to get an Inferno.

4. Disney sold pins for Pirate Q, and many people bought them just for the in-game items.
Disney didn't want to spend money on paying for programmers and the hosts and other required things to keep the game successful.

1. People booked DLR trips because they wanted mainly to go to Disney Land, no just for the Stitch hats.

2. People bought Disney movies because they wanted to watch a good movie, not just to get DMR.

3. People probably bought the Pirate pins because they were fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, not just to get codes.

If anyone bought these things just to get free stuff for VMK, they were crazy.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 AM
A Key... blade?
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Guess the Picture Participation Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Awkward
Sly cooper is as Frosty as a Snowman
Then I must be crazy because the main reason I bought the Gold Mickey Ears in real life was to get them in VMK.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:41 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
Disney didn't want to spend money on paying for programmers and the hosts and other required things to keep the game successful.

1. People booked DLR trips because they wanted mainly to go to Disney Land, no just for the Stitch hats.

2. People bought Disney movies because they wanted to watch a good movie, not just to get DMR.

3. People probably bought the Pirate pins because they were fans of Pirates of the Caribbean, not just to get codes.

If anyone bought these things just to get free stuff for VMK, they were crazy.
1. Yes, I have heard some people who have gotten the Stitch Hats, that their whole family whos gotten them had mainly only went to get the Stitch Items.

2. Yea, mainly. That's what my cousins did, and they didn't watch the movies. I did too once.

3. Most likely not.

And VMK also sold other VMK items that weren't in stores for the public. Like the CM only store in Glendale, I believe, sold a VMK cap, and a pin.

There are also other VMK pins.

Like the Tiki and Space Mountain pins.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:42 AM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Evil
dabaseballking ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
nice sly. nice.
LOL
Old 08-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
You don't have to make a thread about this. Anyone can dream of it coming back and have thoughts on how to save it.
- ace