Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old VMK HomePage UPDATED!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 5

My Mood: Disney
StitchRokcs is as Frosty as a Snowman
VMK HomePage UPDATED!

I dont know if this has been posted but here what it says now.

VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.

Recently we've received inquiries asking if VMK is reopening - there are no plans to reopen VMK in any form.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
nice find

Roxas Rocks!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
My Username scrolls because I'm soooo good at #VMKTrivia !
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant's Award Graphics Trio Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 18

My Mood: Ape
TikiPin_Dude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
There we have it...

But im STILL not stopping

Forever & Always
Old 08-15-2008, 12:00 AM
wants Elle B. to return
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Happy Holidays'09 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Halloween '09 Award Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 10

My Mood: Villany
the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!the_phoenix has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Let's just hope this FINALLY let's the people who are 'fighting back' know that it's NEVER re-opening...

All credit goes to GG and her awesome siggy-making powers.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
I still think it's a really nice find

Roxas Rocks!
Old 08-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 

PLEASE NOTE this message was made to make people hopefully stop calling and stop sending email who knows in 5 - 10 years a GAME ABOUT THE PARKS (not VMK) might open but CURRENTLY nothing has been planned
Old 08-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Can I be a "Registered-"?
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zimonada is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm sorry, but I feel that this should be said. To everyone who is against us trying to get VMK re-opened, there is no need to be rude to us. It is one thing to be unsupportive of our cause, and another thing to be pessimistic, but I feel you've gone to far when you have nothing to contribute besides slamming us for fighting for something WE believe may happen. I don't think we're nearly as bothered with your unsupportive-ness as you are with our optimism.

I'd like to end with 2 sayings:

"If you don't have anything positive to say, don't speak."
"NEVER say never."
Old 08-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Retired
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimonada View Post
I'm sorry, but I feel that this should be said. To everyone who is against us trying to get VMK re-opened, there is no need to be rude to us. It is one thing to be unsupportive of our cause, and another thing to be pessimistic, but I feel you've gone to far when you have nothing to contribute besides slamming us for fighting for something WE believe may happen. I don't think we're nearly as bothered with your unsupportive-ness as you are with our optimism.

I'd like to end with 2 sayings:

"If you don't have anything positive to say, don't speak."
"NEVER say never."
who are u aiming this out bc im just spreading the news

EDIT: let me add this

anyway im glad this happened bc this should put a rest to all the rumors bc I LOVE VMK and i want it to come back but i know it wont now im not gonna go into details of who owned it and garbage like that bc then this will end up as a fight but like i said I LOVE VMK!!! but im tired of hearing the VMK IS REOPENING! rumors it just sickens me that people start these things. I accepted about a month ago that VMK IS CLOSED and thats that if you figure this out i guarentee your life will be easier im not trying to be mean but accept it let go of vmk remember the good times remember the bad but dont hold onto it forever expecting it to come back Move on to bigger and better things continue to live life to its fullest not grief of the closure of a game i griefed for 1 month and it was the worse month then one day it hit me vmk is closed there is not much i can do about it im still a kid i cant wish for it to come back and holding onto it isnt gonna do me any good in fact it will do more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch
OK i have noticed a lot of people on these forums and on the game that have been having issues "moving on" i was an Avid vmk player i loved that game i loved it even when i hated it. It brought me hours of joy frustration and happiness and towards the end a few hours of sadness i like most of us spent many hours on that game. That game impacted my life so much so i didn't even realize what it was doing. In a way the closing of vmk has brought me great sadness and grief for the friends i lost and the items i lost and the last 2 yeas of my life were lost as well. That's when it hit me "I'm addicted to this game or at least was" VMK impacted my life to where i would wake up before 10 on weekends to be there for the opening of vmk to see whats new and stayed up until 1 am to be there for the closing. I have not done my homework at home in 2 years! I've done most of it in home room of not at all. VMK closing did close a lot of doors in my life but it also opened a lot of good it gave me the opportunity to unlock my new thing which is scripting and coding for websites servers and games. it also has opened up hours of free time to face the sun. it is like the death of a family member you think what would he/she want would he/she want me to grieve for hours or to move on and live life to its fullest? its the same way for vmk.

Now many of you or us are indenial about vmk closing (admit it!) you wish it didnt but the fact is is that its gone its closed it wont be opening again so holding on to it isnt doing you or your life or the people around you any good you must let go this was a hard concept for me to face at first but in the end i found what was best and that is to just let go. sure it took me a few weeks to find this out now im sharing my knowledge of what i found with you in hopes we can stop the fighting and Rumors.

Last edited by TopazR; 08-15-2008 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: personal information
Old 08-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Joy To The World 

Chululli is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My hope...it just ended after one sentence..

Please, just go to the vmk website. Im just too speechless to say it.
It may look the same...but look at the small paragraph on the left
Old 08-15-2008, 12:39 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
"VMK launched as a part of the Disneyland 50th Celebration and is now closed. Disney.com continues to create experiences to amaze our guests and we hope that all of our VMK friends will continue to join us.

Recently we've received inquiries asking if VMK is reopening - there are no plans to reopen VMK in any form."

If there are any more VMK Re-opening threads after this I'm flipping the lid.

Don't forget about the WDW 40 park coming out in 2011, though.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

wait...what? whats WDW 40?
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's 

SkyRocket is as Frosty as a Snowman
Don't let that tear you down. A sentence is a sentence.. They say there are no "current" plans.. doesn't mean we can't change anything.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
is back in reality
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

ozzietropics is spinning in a Cursed Storm
A member here that attended the NFFC convention posted that someone told her they were making a game similar to VMK in honor of WDW's 40th Anniversary.
Being totally and helplessly wrong...in style.
~~ot
Old 08-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Registered+

Gsterg is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Oh wow.. i doubt it will be anything like VMK even though they say that @_@
Old 08-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Uh..I forgot..
Awards Showcase

if they make a WDWK im not playing it. Ill just sigh everytime and then give up.