Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Bad news for anti-Pixar ride members

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:48 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
The Frog Princess and Enchanted are not 3-D animation?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

skip has disabled reputation
Frog Princess is hand-drawn... and I believe the animated portions of "Enchanted" will be hand-drawn. I heard they hired back some of the old animators just for the projects.

-skippyskippy
Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyskippy
Frog Princess is hand-drawn... and I believe the animated portions of "Enchanted" will be hand-drawn. I heard they hired back some of the old animators just for the projects.

-skippyskippy
Well, cool! This is great news!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:19 PM
~Check Out My Profile!~

Mickeys Pal ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
autotopia is the "cars movie" ride now? is it open or is that wat DLR is planning to do? if they are ready changed it does anyone have pics, i would like to see.

Last edited by Mickeys Pal; 07-25-2006 at 10:40 PM..
Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 PM
Red Bat! Yay!

GreenCobra is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Autopia is old and has no disney theme its good they are updating it and making it about disney movies. Disney started with cartoons and movies remember that that is what the parks should be about
Old 07-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Where Dreams Come True

mickeymouse2818 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
first of all i would have to say, that changing the cars into electric cars is a brillant idea and i would love the change. the area around it has gotten too noisy and you could smell the fumes in the surrounding areas. this being a classic attraction it is easy to understand how some people to not want to see it go because it is where most young children get there first "driving" experience. but just because this ride has been here for a good long while, this attraction should have been updated many years ago. the theme and story of this attraction (which i believe has been lost to the ages) was the future of the highway system, which was still in its infancy in the early 1950's. this was the way to show everyone how easy it would become to drive across country instead of taking dirt roads and paved roads that were found in much of the bigger cities. since then then, the ride cars have gotten older, and the highway system is no longer a part of the future since they can be found all over the country and because of this, autotopia has lost its placement in tomorrowland. if they were to change the ride cars to electric while changing the style of the cars to a modern furtureistic(sp?) look, i believe that autotopia could keep its original placement in tomorrowland and regain its title as being the "highway of the future"

Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Awards Showcase

GreenCobra, no, they shouldn't. Disney isn't supposed to be a commercial. It's supposed to be a Magical Realm, where Adults and their Children can have fun... together. It's sad that people think it's supposed to be all about the movies. Well, MGM clearly is, but not the Magic Kingdom. Autopia doesn't need to be changed.

...I miss Walt.

-skippyskippy
Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 PM
There's always something.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Super Donation Award 

Born In Park VIP
Chaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with ConfettiChaelle is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer12345678910
aww there taking all the good stuff out of disney first pirates the mr.toad wat next small world and its gonna be ant bully
Wait what's going to happen to small world? NOT SMALL WORLD!!! lol
~Chaelle
Old 07-25-2006, 10:53 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse2818
first of all i would have to say, that changing the cars into electric cars is a brillant idea and i would love the change. the area around it has gotten too noisy and you could smell the fumes in the surrounding areas. this being a classic attraction it is easy to understand how some people to not want to see it go because it is where most young children get there first "driving" experience. but just because this ride has been here for a good long while, this attraction should have been updated many years ago. the theme and story of this attraction (which i believe has been lost to the ages) was the future of the highway system, which was still in its infancy in the early 1950's. this was the way to show everyone how easy it would become to drive across country instead of taking dirt roads and paved roads that were found in much of the bigger cities. since then then, the ride cars have gotten older, and the highway system is no longer a part of the future since they can be found all over the country and because of this, autotopia has lost its placement in tomorrowland. if they were to change the ride cars to electric while changing the style of the cars to a modern furtureistic(sp?) look, i believe that autotopia could keep its original placement in tomorrowland and regain its title as being the "highway of the future"
It's not just Autopia: All of Tomorrowland has been transformed into "Todayland," or even "Yesterdayland."

Innoventions shows us products which are already available and is nothing more than a showcase for corporate sponsors.

The Buzz Lightyear and Stitch attractions are based on movies and not on the "world of tomorrow."

Even Star Tours doesn't belong, because, as I'm sure you'll recall, the Star Wars series is not set in the future, but rather "a long time ago...."

Tomorrowland used to be about Walt Disney's vision of how evolving technology could make the world a better place in the future. Remember "There's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow"?

Now it's just a bunch of movie tie-ins and advertisements.

And don't get me started on "Club Buzz."
Old 07-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Awards Showcase

Luckily I think they're removing "Club Buzz".

And Neoteny's right. This is why I enjoy Timekeeper (RIP) Carousel of Progress, Alien Encounter (RIP) Peoplemover/Transit Authority, Space Mountain, and Astro Orbiter more than the other Tomorrowland attractions. At least Honey, I Shrunk the Audience kinds of fits in at Disneyland. And now Disneyland's getting a Finding Nemo attraction while Disneyworld's getting a Monsters, Inc. attraction. Come on!

-skippyskippy
Old 07-25-2006, 11:03 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Luckily I think they're removing "Club Buzz".

And Neoteny's right. This is why I enjoy Timekeeper (RIP) Carousel of Progress, Alien Encounter (RIP) Peoplemover/Transit Authority, Space Mountain, and Astro Orbiter more than the other Tomorrowland attractions. At least Honey, I Shrunk the Audience kinds of fits in at Disneyland. And now Disneyland's getting a Finding Nemo attraction while Disneyworld's getting a Monsters, Inc. attraction. Come on!

-skippyskippy
Yeah! What's "Tomorrow" about a bunch of clownfish?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:06 PM
Awards Showcase

They're secretly super-fish robotics, or SFR, who plan on using the submarines to conquer the sea, and then the world!

-skippyskippy
Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
They're secretly super-fish robotics, or SFR, who plan on using the submarines to conquer the sea, and then the world!

-skippyskippy
"Nemo, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"