Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support > Fixed

Fixed Computer Technical Support archive

Old Keep getting kicked off the internet :l

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:39 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Keep getting kicked off the internet :l

Okay, I got a new laptop, yay!! It is a Toshiba laptop. In order to get access to the internet, I have to hook it up to my modem (embarq) Although, when I am on the internet, I keep getting a message, with a loading bar, that says

"internet explorer is restarting" then a second after that "closing all tabs"

Even when I click the cancel button that is on the message, it still closes all of my browsers that I had opened. I told this to my mom, and she's like "It's probably that memory waisting game you play that's doing it" I knew she was wrong, but I just agreed with her anyway so we wouldn't have to get in a big fuss about it. Then, when I got home from school, she said "It just kicked me off twice again"

I really want to know why this is happening because this is getting quite annoying.

NOTE: It is not like, right when I log on. But it just happens at random times.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:39 PM
:)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

OstrichSam is floating through Inner Space
That used to happen to me when using IE, but I was on a desktop. It eventually stopped, so I'm sorry I can't really help you because I have no idea how it stopped.
GL though, I hope you figure it out soon!
Old 02-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Snow's at it again :)
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Snow!
SuperSnowCutie is covered with ConfettiSuperSnowCutie is covered with ConfettiSuperSnowCutie is covered with Confetti
It might be because it's brand new. Sometimes computers & laptops are weird like that.. But yeah, try going on your computer and searching & finding more about your problem. Also, try looking on the internet.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 02-17-2008 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: removed non-g site advertisement
Old 02-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
If you can't figure it out, I'd take it to a computer store, such as Frys, and get it looked at. It might be having too many programs running. Try using Firefox or another internet browser.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:57 AM
Permanently Banned

cornilius ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
IE stinks first off. i assume your using vista, so ive just diagnosed your problem :p. try a different browser, i suggest flock. if that fails idk what to tell you.

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 02-27-2008 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: removed word not allowed by filter