Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Disneyland

Disneyland The first, the best? At least the furthest west!

Old Funny Experiences @ Disneyland

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Defying Gravity...

smrtfriendship ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Funny Experiences @ Disneyland

Have you had any funny experiences recently at Disneyland?

Feel free to post them here!

EDIT* Feel free to post funny experiences from WDW or any other Disney theme park!

Here's a couple of mine:

When I was on the Alice in Wonderland ride and the other Fantasyland dark rides with my friends, we were bored. So for fun, we decided to scream at random stuff during the ride. So when we were at Alice in Wonderland, when we saw the flowers and other characters, we started to scream LOUD. There were people behind us, and saw us. Then when we got to the part where you go outside on the leaf bridge, we put our hands in the air, like we would do on a roller c:oaster. Right when the ride finished, the people behind us gave us this weird look. I know it's weird, but hey, we had fun! Isn't that what we're suppose to have when we're at the happiest place on earth?

Another funny experience we had was right before the Parade of Dreams began. It was around 10 minutes before the parade, the time where they begin to clear the streets for the parade. Well, there was a janitor in the middle of the street cleaning up. He was pretty much alone with everyone staring at him. Then out of the blue, everyone started applauding him and cheering for him. Some even gave a standing ovation. It was so random...

Last edited by smrtfriendship; 08-07-2007 at 07:38 PM..
Old 08-03-2007, 03:27 AM
Trader

JustOh is as Frosty as a Snowman
I was in the parade about 10 times. I loved using the pin to get more pins
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Pete<3

Goofyono is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I freaked at the snow white ride and I was with my friend .. I stuck my hands out and the witch touched me at the part where she comes out of the door really fast.. me and my friend screamed the WHOLE time. Whe thought we were the only ones in the cart but when we got off the ride, there were to random ppl behind us in the four person cart lol
Old 08-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Trader

My Mood: Adventurous
puchisana is spinning in a Cursed Storm
When the parade starts, i went with some characters to dance in the middle of it, and i continued till parade finished
Old 08-03-2007, 04:21 AM
the inside of my heart.

TikiRoom is as Frosty as a Snowman
Not really. And you would think... oh wait. I have a good one, but ti's long:

Okay, I was with my aunt and sister and we were in DCA riding GRR. My second cousin and mom were waiting off the ride. we were going to go see the fireworks afterwards (it was during the 50th). We had walkie-talkies for some odd reason. So, we were at the last drop, where you spin down, and there were a few boats stopped in front of us. Okay, they just need to wait so they don't hit the one that went before them. But no, they didn't go down. So, we were up there for a good 45 minutes while they drained out ALL the water. But, thank goodness we had those walkie-talkies. So, we got some fastpasses, and got to go through the "secret portal". Ooooo, scary. And we got into Disneyland when Julie Andrews started talking. Got pretty bad spots, but that's okay. It was so fun because the second boat said to the first boat, "We will push you guys down!" Funny funny.
we can take a chance.
this crazy thing that we call a romance
still fills the inside
the inside of my heart.

the inside- danny larsh
i got 3 hugs from him. xD
Old 08-05-2007, 08:25 PM
The one and only.

Debonair is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hmmmm...Let's see.
I remember when I was maybe, 8. A CM asked me if I wanted to talk to Goofy and he brought me up to this phone where Goofy sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It wasn't even my Birthday.
Then, one time on Thunder Mountain (a couple years ago), I got stuck on the last uphill (the one w/ the falling rock.) They stopped the ride, and I was stuck with my party in our seats for around 10 minutes. Then, everyone else on the ride was screaming and taking photos, and we got to walk back through some under ground area where it led us to the place with all the bats.
Another time (on the same ride) was where this guy that was sitting behind me was screaming "We're going uphill!" everytime we went uphill. It was really funny.

Last edited by Debonair; 08-07-2007 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: irritating posting style font color and style were unreadable
Old 08-07-2007, 04:04 AM
Friend of Daisy Buchanan

GreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundGreatGatsby has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Back in the days of the Skyway, I had a friends who would wait until toward the end, as he was approaching the station, and he'd look down and yell, "BOB!!"

There was always a Bob somewhere in the crowd, so someone one would up. My friend would yell again - this time at that person - "BOB! WAIT RIGHT THERE!!"

This patsy Bob would wait, so my friend would get off, rush up to him, stop, then say, "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know you." He'd then simply walk away.

Rumor is they closed the Skyway specifically to stop him from doing that.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:09 AM
VMK for all!

Acepowerboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby View Post
Back in the days of the Skyway, I had a friends who would wait until toward the end, as he was approaching the station, and he'd look down and yell, "BOB!!"

There was always a Bob somewhere in the crowd, so someone one would up. My friend would yell again - this time at that person - "BOB! WAIT RIGHT THERE!!"

This patsy Bob would wait, so my friend would get off, rush up to him, stop, then say, "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know you." He'd then simply walk away.

That is FUNNY, we did the same thing but in WDW long, long time ago. I quest east cost or west coast we all think a like.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:19 AM
You lack Churros

Galaxee is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nice thread! I have plenty of good stories.

You know those dream ears that they have now? I was looking for a pair; I wanted those so badly! Luckily, I saw a group of Japanese tourists that had a few pairs. I thought, "heh, a year and a half of Japanese is going to pay off". But I kept having to tell them that I didn't understand what they were saying. Heh, they got so tired of me they just gave me a pair! SCORE!!

Of course, I said "domo arigatou gozaimasu" [thank you very much] to them.

My 6-year-old neighbour remembered the Space Mountain song [although not very well, as I soon discovered], and he would sing "do do do dododo dododo AHHH!" at random times when I was over at their house. The "AHHH!" is where he screamed, haha. So, in line waiting for Space Mountain, I started singing that at random times.

By the way, I memorized the actual Space Mountain song. And I mean, MEMORIZED. So whenever I am bored I just play it over and over in my mind and imagine I'm riding the ride. Hehe.

Then there is the time that my dad and I got everyone in our elevator at Tower of Terror to smile and wave at the camera.

Then there is the time I held up a Coca-Cola bottle to the camera at Splash Mountain, smiling like I was in an advertisement. Hehe...

Then there is the tape of me literally ******** out on the Sun Wheel. I thought it was the scariest thing, and the other people in the gondola were laughing along with my parents. I was fairly old, too. >_<

Then my dad recently found an old picture of my cousin [about 3 at the time] showing off his muscles to an impressed/shocked Mulan.

I've got lots more...
Old 08-07-2007, 05:07 AM
Meanest Player Ever
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 1

mickey0794 ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
ok 2 years ago on the its a small world ride ( WDW ) we got stuck, for 2 hours!! the music kept playing and nearly drove everyone on the ride CRAZY! we couldn't get out bc of the water @_@ so we sat there for about 2 hours and 7 minutes till the ride moved again and i HATE the its a small world song now
Old 08-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Welcome to the Jungle...
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

TheFireworkZach is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, I can't stay this story is funny but it is a story so get over it. I went to Disneyland in May to do Disney Magic Music Days and the end of the first day was almost over. It was 8:30 and DCA closes at nine but we were coming from Backstage Disney (behind Toontown) and had to get to Paradise Pier which are both at the back of their parks.

So when we went back into the park at 8:30, about 20 kids just started sprinting to get a final ride on California Screamin'. I am a pretty fast runner so I was in the top 5 all the way around the Matterhorn and just to our luck, Main Street was jammed because of the darn fireworks. So all of us kids were running on the thin sidewalk on the Tomorrowland side trying to get out of the park.

I was the first kid to the plaza so I decided to just wait until I saw someone because I heard yelling in the backround and I thought we were busted. When I saw some people I just kept on running to DCA and was the second into the gates. Ran towards the Hollywood area and got completly lost. I eventually found the way and headed towards Paradise Pier. Ran across the bridge got to California Screamin', tired as ever and waited.

Got in the single riders line and had a great ride on California Screamin', then finshed off the night at DCA with the last ride of the day on Maliboomer (they didn't let anyone on after us) and went back to CROWDED Disneyland).

My mom also got stuck on Small World for 20 minutes. The worst part is that she was stuck with a bunch of 12/13 year old girls. That would be the ultimate nightmare in my opinion.

- Zach
Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Im Kooky Krazy!

VMKGIRL_ms.nessbeth is spinning in a Cursed Storm
We all ways go to disneyland in the summer but one time it was funny becuz we were waiting in line at the pirates of the carribiean ride and i dared me friend to say aww the ride is closed so everyone left!! the ride ppl didnt know so we went on it like 5 times with no line LOL
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGatsby View Post

And hence, it's also your friend's fault (Although possibly indirectly) that they closed down the Peoplemover/Rocket Rods :P I bet it's secretly his fault I can't ever hit a single target while attempting to dual-wield whenever I get a whole car to myself on the Buzz Lightyear Astro-Blasters.

Seriously... It makes no sense. I get a rather decent score with one gun, so surely I should get an above-decent score with two!

In all seriousness, though...

Best Disneyland Moment EVAH: Riding Big Thunder Mountain only to have the ride break down on that small turn between the mini-town at the end and the loading dock. They had us sit there for quite a while before they decided to just let us off and walk the last 5 feet or so of the ride. I was 7 or so back then, so I'm not sure if our wait was closer to 5 or 60 minutes, but I assure you: It was long and pointless :P
Old 08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
this is an interesting thread

I went to WDW and i did the vmk quests to do the insider tour. i booked my name at the fire house and all of that jazz on Dec. 12. The next day i got to vmk central and i end up being told that my name isnt on the list for the tour. i say yes i did and i checked in at the firehouse. ithis continues and i just give up. a person at the desk comes up to me when the tour leaves and gives me the cards i would of gotten. im so grateful that he did that. im glad i got the cards because the insider tour ended at the end of the year. few!

i have another one. im in line for buzzlightyear astro blasters in DLR. i get on the ride and im getting on the vehical. in the middle of the ride the power goes out lol. ppl are all screaming going yeah yeah!!! the power comes back on. the rides goes on. it happens again. the power goes out again lol. this happens 2 more times. at the end of the ride it say i have 999,999.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
- This Space for Rent -

Sushi is floating through Inner Space
When we went to Disneyland, on the Small World me and my friends started singing the small world song. We sounded terrible. (so off-key) xD
(None of my friends knew english, so we were singing it in Japanese. Which made it worse..)
Then this guy stood up and yelled "Hey, Shut up!"

Then in WDW while we were in the Haunted Mansion, all of these guys started making animal noises during the ride. There were elephant, horse, and duck noises. They were pretty good too, so we decided to add on and made monkey noises.

- In Space mountain, I was wearing a Mickey Hat and it flew off and hit this guy behind me in the face.

- On Fast Track the ride stopped and we were stuck for an hour, so we decided to sing random disney songs.

- When I was 8 years old I went to Tokyo Disneyland. Chip and Dale were there, so I went past the line to go see them. I apparently bugged Chip, and he pushed me away! He pushed me down! So I started crying, and Chip, Dale, Eeyore, and even Mickey Mouse came out to sign my signature book. xD

- In the Buzz Lightyear ride, I almost fell out trying to shoot an alien.

- I got stuck on the Dinosaur ride. It shut down right when the T-Rex thing appears. I couldn't stop screaming.