Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Off Topic > WAY Off Topic

WAY Off Topic Off Topic archive

Old The Wii (merged)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:41 AM
VMK=AWESOME

LilLuekas is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My mom accidently told me I was getting it for my birthday. I can't wait! I am pretty much a fan of anything Nintendo.

Also I have a question about it. Does the internet go though your DSL like on the DS? You don't have to pay extra for internet on the Wii right?

Last edited by LilLuekas; 01-26-2007 at 04:09 AM..
Old 01-26-2007, 04:02 AM
The Scene and Herd...
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Baffled
KEBSD is as Frosty as a Snowman
Waited in a line for an hour and a half for a Wii, and got it I currently only have Wii Sports but pre-ordered Wii Play with another Wiimote

~Key
Old 01-26-2007, 06:36 PM
- i have no cheese left -

Joshua is spinning in a Cursed Storm
News Channel is available today. Update your Wii with the internet to get it.

Mines updating now..
Old 01-26-2007, 10:18 PM
VMK=AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by toon:josh View Post
News Channel is available today. Update your Wii with the internet to get it.

Mines updating now..
Does the Internet on the Wii work the same as on the DS?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:33 PM
The sea can have you back
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
CaptianNemo is covered with ConfettiCaptianNemo is covered with ConfettiCaptianNemo is covered with Confetti
Yes, I woke up this morning and I had a Message from Nintendo. Wii New was available. I installed the update and ran it. It is a cool feature. News from around the Globe. AP has a two year contract with Nintendo and I read that they might add other features. I guess like video news.

Nemo
Old 01-26-2007, 11:59 PM
kilic on vmk

jab1235 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
it was saposed to be availibal tomarrow
ok im gona post this news again cause im the only one who knows it

a new vc game is out tomarrow
mario cart 64

its 1k credits
Old 01-27-2007, 12:12 AM
GatorGreen

GatorGreen is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Wario Ware rocks! It uses every innovation of the Wii. And multiplayer using a single remote is great.

The News channel is actually better than I thought it would be. You could get more info on that than a T.V. News channel any day. The slide show function shows a picture of a 3-D Earth, then zooms around to spots where a news article is from. You press A to read the full article.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:19 AM

Yes, for the globe it uses the Weather Channel software.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 AM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
The new channels are awesome, i got a wi-fi router yesterday and i got 4 new channels, news, forecast, shop's and teh internets trial version. btw, you get used to typing on the wii. if you get around the spell checks that randomly pop up. But, i get to do these! ¥ ™ £
( yes, i typed the above text with the internet channel, and it was hard.. but quick.)
Old 01-28-2007, 04:12 AM
VMK=AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
The new channels are awesome, i got a wi-fi router yesterday and i got 4 new channels, news, forecast, shop's and teh internets trial version. btw, you get used to typing on the wii. if you get around the spell checks that randomly pop up. But, i get to do these! ¥ ™ £
( yes, i typed the above text with the internet channel, and it was hard.. but quick.)
Sounds great. I can't wait to get mine.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:44 PM
is totally

bigZZ is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
my last ten posts were from the wii LOL and after a while it does get pretty easy, before my hand was shaking like a leaf but now its rock solid, so i guess the wii has built up my wrist and hand strength, AWESOME!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:37 PM

Game News

Wii Play- to be sold in US stores TOMORROW!

Quote:
[From IGN]
In Wii Play, players have several little mini-games to choose from, many using the Mii Channel style of character designs...which leads us to believe that you'll be able to import any character created in the Wii Mii Channel for this collection of games. In Pose Mii, for example, you controlled a Wii character with the remote around the screen, moving and rotating him into the same pose as a silhouette that floats down in a bubble. To pop the bubble, you have to get the pose and angle exactly right, which means cycling through the different hand and arm positions of that character with the A button. If the bubble reaches the bottom of the screen, the challenge is over. In Find Mii, the game is a Where's Waldo challenge where you'll need to use the Wii Remote to point out the characters that you'll need to find. Some levels challenge players to find the only twins in a group of Wii folk, or the fastest moving one in an army of walking Mii people. The faster you do this, the more points you can earn.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:44 AM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

xigbar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I got mine for christmas, trying to beat link, and having fun with sports. My grandma played bowling
Old 02-20-2007, 02:21 PM
VMK 4ever

My Mood: Amuzed
gamedudegamedude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by toon:josh View Post
Also cool built-in internet browser. I'd freak if you could pay VMK on it.
I Have the Wii and you CAN PLAY VMK on the Wii, you must install shockwave on it! It's true, I have it
Old 02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
hey! idk if anyone knows or not, but a new channel has been put into the wii shop. its called the Everyone Votes Channel. its like a poll channel, and you can suggest your question!