Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old Rep Is Back!!! *Merged discussion*

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Farewell VMK&All Who Play
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award Guess the Picture Participation Award 
Total Awards: 17

VIP
My Mood: Supercal
Adventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundAdventurebry has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
Rep was always a horrible idea, and it remains horrible to this day. All it does is allow spineless users to anonymously complain about your posts, without even having to provide specific reasons. I'm beginning to hate this site.
It is not really complaining, usually. The bad rep helps a lot. It shows people what posts they made were bad and where they made mistakes. That way people can know where they can be better, so they know not to do things like that anymore. The god rep just applaudes people, which does two things. It tells people what they are doing right, and encourages people to make more intellegent, helpful posts. And how can you show hatred to a site? Hate is a strong word .

Sig made by Sushi--Adventurebry/AlphaPanchito RIP 2005-2008
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 PM
.♥.·´¯`Luv Struck´¯`·.♥.

1girl2sweet is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well in my opinion, reputation has its ups and downs. Though I like rep. I'm afraid people might abuse it again. But only time will tell.

~2sweet
Old 07-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurebry View Post
It is not really complaining, usually. The bad rep helps a lot. It shows people what posts they made were bad and where they made mistakes. That way people can know where they can be better, so they know not to do things like that anymore. The god rep just applaudes people, which does two things. It tells people what they are doing right, and encourages people to make more intellegent, helpful posts. And how can you show hatred to a site? Hate is a strong word .
A post being "bad" or "good" is all relative. For example, I might speak out about a controversial topic, and be given many negative Rep points because the majority of people on here seem to be very uncomfortable with any sort of confrontation or unorthodox thinking.

In my experience, it is complaining. Simply stating "I disagree" (which is an actual Rep comment I just received) does nothing for anyone. If you disagree, tell me why. And while you're at it, do it in the actual thread. That's what the Reply button is for. People who instead choose to leave negative Rep points are people who want to remain anonymous because they're afraid to take their opinons public and can't form an effective rebuttal to save their lives.

The Rep system is fatally flawed and completely unnecessary; a system that is traditionally fueled by petty users who are more interested in gossip and popularity contests than offering detailed critiques and appreciating an open exchange of ideas.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Mars the Fandox
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Gumshoe Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Fluffy
la4gator is spinning in a Cursed Storm
now i understand the rep
Old 07-12-2007, 09:14 PM
loves youu<33
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Wishful
PrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with ConfettiPrincessKala is covered with Confetti
I always loved Rep.

~Carrie
Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
Miley-♥

Eviie is spinning in a Cursed Storm
lol, notice how many of the people who like it or love it has alot of rep points. xD rofl! I personally don't care about rep. And i don't care if it did, or didn't excist. All i care about is that nobody abuses it. Or if i share my opinion someone gives me bad rep. I saw rep points that it had saved from last year and i got bad rep for making this post ...

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/show...3&postcount=47

If a mod can please adress who gave me bad rep for this i'd appreciate it. How was i being rude? I'm only giving good rep. I don't want to give any bad rep

I hope it's used wisely.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Tim Burton Fan for Life

PinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with Confetti
I like putting your mouse on top of the green squares that show people's rep points and seeing what they say...

"PinkTinkPixie dances with the Yeti"

~Pink

-The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Old 07-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Pete<3

Goofyono is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkTinkPixie View Post
I like putting your mouse on top of the green squares that show people's rep points and seeing what they say...

"PinkTinkPixie dances with the Yeti"

~Pink
lol same here " Goofyono is on a quest for more knowledge " have you seen evil kid bugs' ? I forgot but I think it says " Evil Kid Bugs needs to spend more time reading the vmk rules and values " <--- that wasn't exactly it though
Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Spooky Shadow

iShadow is floating through Inner Space
Neat, two people gave me rep points for this post of mines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShadow View Post
Though I wasn't here for the last installment of the system, I must say that I predict that terrible things will surface due to this system.

Favoritism, spam, and flaming will soon rule.

Stay tuned for more VMKF news!
Thanks to the those!

Anyways, so far, there's little to no problem. But I still predict a vicious premonition.

Stay tuned for more VMKF news!
Old 07-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Happy Holidays from us!

JazzyJelly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I found what was interesting was to look at the list of names in VMKForums (the member names). Now you can sort on Rep by clicking on rep at the top. It then lists the members (for each letter) by good rep to bad. It gives you a good sense of the range. And you can also see the different tag lines (like "dances with the yeti" or "is on a quest for knowledge") for the squares very easily.

Another thing to do when you are bored LOL.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:34 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Rep is back? Wasn't this determined to have been a bad idea at least twice before?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Well I can a lot of people are giving better rep now.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Missing Everyone ♥ Toucan

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Disney
Pebble has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pebble has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Red face

Whee rep, it brings back memories of people either hating my signature, or being my friend. Ah well, hopefully it will have a better outcome this time. =)