Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Remembered

VMK Remembered Post your experiences you've had in game!

Old Kinda Ironic

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: SaveVMK
DisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Kinda Ironic

Haha isn't it kinda ironic.. that Disney is supposed to be "magical"?

And since VMK closed it seemed to be getting less and less magical?

You can think of it both ways, I can be selfish asking for something I want back.. or I can be logical.

Last edited by DisneyFan; 02-09-2009 at 10:54 PM..
Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
In my opinion, Disney is still magical and it always will be. I am sad that VMK closed, it was a very magical place and it was one of the best promotions I have ever seen!

Disney is still coming up with new and wonderful ideas, and I think that is what makes Disney so special. They never give up, and even though VMK closed, Disney will come up with other interactive games.

I'm not saying that I don't care about VMK anymore, it just seems like Disney will make it up to all of us, somehow.

~Earth
Old 02-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiestPlaceOnEarth View Post
In my opinion, Disney is still magical and it always will be. I am sad that VMK closed, it was a very magical place and it was one of the best promotions I have ever seen!

Disney is still coming up with new and wonderful ideas, and I think that is what makes Disney so special. They never give up, and even though VMK closed, Disney will come up with other interactive games.

I'm not saying that I don't care about VMK anymore, it just seems like Disney will make it up to all of us, somehow.

~Earth
They already have, remember the free thirty day codes for one of their online games?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Just seems they're more concerned about their profits, rather than the kids.

What happened to the good old days?
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 PM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
They already have, remember the free thirty day codes for one of their online games?

Oops! I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder

DisneyFan, I don't find this entirely true. It may seem like Disney cares more about their profits, but every company does. Disney wouldn't be giving us these exclusive offers, have their websites and theme parks if they did not care about us. Also, with an economy like this, every company needs to be concerned about their profits - including Disney. If a company isn't careful enough, they could go bankrupt - am I right?

~Earth
Old 02-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
Just seems they're more concerned about their profits, rather than the kids.

What happened to the good old days?
How are you supposed to judge the past? I honestly doubt you were there to remember the "good old days" of when Walt was around. For all you know, Disney could have been doing the same things in the "good old days" as they are doing now.

I suggest you stop whining about things you never experienced and move on.

Nice work.

If you were alive then, I apologize. You came across as someone who wasn't around during the "good old days."

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:59 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
You certainly don't have to physically experience something to judge it. Nobody is alive to tell the story of the American Revolution. People keep track of stuff that happens in the past so that we can judge it.

Quote:
Walt Disney is a legend; a folk hero of the 20th century. His worldwide popularity was based upon the ideals which his name represents: imagination, optimism, creation, and self-made success in the American tradition. He brought us closer to the future, while telling us of the past, it is certain, that there will never be such as great a man, as Walt Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Disney
"You reach a point where you don't work for money."
Quote:
"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
Quote:
"In learning the art of storytelling by animation, I have discovered that language has an anatomy. Every spoken word, whether uttered by a living person or by a cartoon character, has its facial grimace, emphasizing the meaning."
Quote:
"I try to build a full personality for each of our cartoon characters - to make them personalities."
Walt cared. Walt worked to "bring pleasure and information to people of all ages everywhere in the world." It wasn't about money. And I can figure that out without personal experience.

Now, back to the topic, I don't mark the downfall of Disney as the closing of VMK by any means. I mark the downfall when Bob Iger joined the Disney crew in the mid 90's.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM
K- Boom Boom [Pow!]
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

My Mood: Bahahaha
CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!CoolStormyStar has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Well, i actually think that it still has as much magic as it used to have when Vmk was around. Vmk was not a big Disney thing... It had not that many commercials, so... When you say "Vmk." Its not like the other person says, "Oh, that Disney thing?" Or whatever.

Last edited by CoolStormyStar; 02-10-2009 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: <3
Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovysqirrel View Post
How are you supposed to judge the past? I honestly doubt you were there to remember the "good old days" of when Walt was around. For all you know, Disney could have been doing the same things in the "good old days" as they are doing now.

I suggest you stop whining about things you never experienced and move on.

Nice work.

If you were alive then, I apologize. You came across as someone who wasn't around during the "good old days."
Lol it's not called whining buddy. Yes I have experienced the good old days, and right now I'm feeling further and further away from Disney.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMForever View Post

~Earth
Thanks for this post. Disney's still Disney. Disney is magical. It wasn't just VMK that made it magical too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStormyStar View Post
Well, i actually think that it still has as much magic as it used to have when Vmk was around. Vmk was not a big Disney thing... It had not that many commercials, so... When you say "Vmk." Its not like the other person says, "Oh, that Disney thing?" Or whatever.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Disney isn't defined by the taking away of VMK. VMK was a very small part of Disney as a whole in my opinion. Disney is still the exact same to me as it was in the opening year of VMK. Very special.

And yes, every company/buisness needs to worry about their profits in this time. Disney is not there completely just to make us happy. They have workers to pay and a huge park to pay for. They need to make sure their profits are steadily ahead of their expenses.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
Thanks for this post. Disney's still Disney. Disney is magical. It wasn't just VMK that made it magical too.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Disney isn't defined by the taking away of VMK. VMK was a very small part of Disney as a whole in my opinion. Disney is still the exact same to me as it was in the opening year of VMK. Very special.

And yes, every company/buisness needs to worry about their profits in this time. Disney is not there completely just to make us happy. They have workers to pay and a huge park to pay for. They need to make sure their profits are steadily ahead of their expenses.

I never said it was VMK that 'made' Disney magical. I meant everything they've been doing so far has not only disappointed me but others as well.

I can list a few examples.

- The Disney movies are now coming out as Pixar, rather than making the old way

- The Jonas Brothers

- Hannah Montana

- Disney XD, which House of Mouse, Aladdin, Hercules, Timon and Pumba, and others were taken away for the sake of stupid shows like The Suite Life, Phineas and Ferb etc.

Disney isn't what it was before, now it's total garbage in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I never said you thought VMK made disney magical either.

I said it wasn't defined by the taking away of VMK.

Anyways!

Alright. Well. I'm not gonna argue, but I'm just gonna say we have to learn to accept the changes anyways, so I'm going to accept them in a good way.

You can think Disney is garbage. But it's definetly not garbage as a whole. Disney = Parks, movies, television, toys, etc.

So if you're saying "Disney is now total garbage in my opinion" Then you would never go to a park again. Never have anything to do with Disney again, except living in the old days. It's time to move on guys. It doesn't matter if you like it or not, Disney will move on with out you.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
and that's exactly why disney is losing followers.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Why?

Disney parks are amazing. My favorite place to be in the world.

Well, I guess they're losing a pretty small population of the people who want the old days back, but I know plenty of people who have been through a ton of changes and still stay true to Disney.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
Why?

Disney parks are amazing. My favorite place to be in the world.

Well, I guess they're losing a pretty small population of the people who want the old days back, but I know plenty of people who have been through a ton of changes and still stay true to Disney.
Again you're putting words in my mouth. Just because I said that Disney is becoming garbage doesn't mean I won't stay true to it by completly boycotting their merchandise. I also never said anything about the parks. I love the Disney parks, I just dislike all of the new changes with the television series, the movies, and how they manage to produce their merchandise.