Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old The Future of VMK Central at WDW??

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
HappyBirthdayNICKJ.

Marysol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
Let me add that Disney makes 0% profit from VMK.
I don't think you really know how many people Go on even day trips just to go to VMK Central. I have friends who live in WDW, and they will buy a 30$$ or whatever, ticket just to go to VMK Central..Without VMK Central they will loose more people then you think.

CM's who say false things, are usually kids in college. The person I talked to was deff. not a college kid, and was a bit more wise. I dont think this is a rumor at all, IMO I think that they wouldn't get rid of VMK Central, I beilive that they are bringing it back.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Ask For My WDW Videos.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Facnyface is as Frosty as a Snowman
They MIGHT bring it back. Nobody knows for sure. All we know is what VMK officals have said is that it's leaveing WDW. For now this is a rumor becuase all VMK officals have said is it's leaveing the parks and they never said if it will or will not be back in the parks. The cast members in VMK Central in WDW (and even DLR) ARE NOT offical VMK staff they just work there becuase that is where WDW put them to work. They hardly know anything about the game, when I go they don't even know what a community leader is or does, they know nothing about the game they just work there. They also do not know for A FACT if it's moving or not, they just know that at the end of september there job is being moved to else where in the company.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
HappyBirthdayNICKJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facnyface View Post
They MIGHT bring it back. Nobody knows for sure. All we know is what VMK officals have said is that it's leaveing WDW. For now this is a rumor becuase all VMK officals have said is it's leaveing the parks and they never said if it will or will not be back in the parks. The cast members in VMK Central in WDW (and even DLR) ARE NOT offical VMK staff they just work there becuase that is where WDW put them to work. They hardly know anything about the game, when I go they don't even know what a community leader is or does, they know nothing about the game they just work there. They also do not know for A FACT if it's moving or not, they just know that at the end of september there job is being moved to else where in the company.

Disney can close VMK if they want. VMK Staff can't control what the WDW Company decides to do. This guy really new ALOT about VMK. He even mentioned the trading card game, tiki month, and more. IF you didnt noticed i said, IN MY OPINION.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Ask For My WDW Videos.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Well im just letting you and everyone else know that the staff that work in VMK Central in WDW and DLR (well former) do not know what is happening in the parks and why. When Monsters Inc was going in CM's were told it was going to be Finding: Nemo, and Finding: Nemo The Musical CM's thought would be a water ride. Yak And Yeti, the CM's were always told was goign to be another raft ride and when disney announced it, everyone's minds changed to what it really was going to be. So CMs in the parks don't know what is happening and why until right before or during it's being publically announced by WDW/DLR officals.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

WDW Monorail is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysol View Post
I don't think you really know how many people Go on even day trips just to go to VMK Central. I have friends who live in WDW, and they will buy a 30$$ or whatever, ticket just to go to VMK Central..Without VMK Central they will loose more people then you think.

CM's who say false things, are usually kids in college. The person I talked to was deff. not a college kid, and was a bit more wise. I dont think this is a rumor at all, IMO I think that they wouldn't get rid of VMK Central, I beilive that they are bringing it back.
I understand what you mean. I know of several incidences in which people stopped going to DLR as often as they used to since VMK Central there was closed. VMK does have a large fanbase and it does attract many guests to MK.
Certainly VMK has a very large income. But an income is different from a profit. I'm sure that you know the difference. Although I do not have an official financial report of VMK, I think that it is safe to say that VMK's profit, if any, is nominal.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
HappyBirthdayNICKJ.

Quote:
I understand what you mean. I know of several incidences in which people stopped going to DLR as often as they used to since VMK Central there was closed. VMK does have a large fanbase and it does attract many guests to MK.
Certainly VMK has a very large income. But an income is different from a profit. I'm sure that you know the difference. Although I do not have an official financial report of VMK, I think that it is safe to say that VMK's profit, if any, is nominal.
Yes, that is one thing I dis-like about MK's. The one in DLR was a bit more..obvious. The one in MK, isn't very apprealings since theres not much at all really, and alot of my friends say they can't find VMKC.
Blah. I'm going soon, I'l try and dig out more about it.
Off Topic Kinda: Im doing the Dinning with the imagineer thing (I THINK) so maybe they will know, maybe. im doubting they have any clue whatsoever, but hey i can finally ask about that center of earth thing, and get some of the epcot rumors down =]

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 08-17-2007 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: removed personal info- no posting of trip dates
Old 08-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Ask For My WDW Videos.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Basicly VMKC is a waste of space in WDW and DLR... The money they got from people who went ot WDW and DLR just for VMK is paying to run the game and pay the cast members who run it.

Quote:
Yes, that is one thing I dis-like about MK's. The one in DLR was a bit more..obvious. The one in MK, isn't very apprealings since theres not much at all really, and alot of my friends say they can't find VMKC.
Blah. I'm going soon, I'l try and dig out more about it.
Off Topic Kinda: Im doing the Dinning with the imagineer thing (I THINK) so maybe they will know, maybe. im doubting they have any clue whatsoever, but hey i can finally ask about that center of earth thing, and get some of the epcot rumors down =]
I know a few imagineers personally, Joe Rhode is one of them and he put to rest the famous rumor of Beastly Kingdom in DAK as it will never be coming to DAK... But as I said above, running a server costs alot of money, and if you don't believe that ask Batleth, Nick, any of the admins on here who know about it they know that paying for a server costs alot of money. And think the VMKF server is running for about 30,000 people the VMK server is running for over 5 million people, so imagine how much it would cost then. SO the money WDW and DLR make from tickets justfor VMK is ''chump change'' it's not even any where near what it costs to pay the engineers, cast members, and disney online crew members for the game, let alone the employees in the park and the money it's costing takeing up valiable sspace not only in DLR but also WDW. So in the long run it's actually great for the company, by removeing it from the parks they now have extra money to spend on things like, rehab for Space, BTM, and the Monorail...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Arcade Winner Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Winner's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 19

Clan Leader VIP
My Mood: Creative
MamaJo is as Frosty as a Snowman
Firstly, if you did read the vmk newsletter it says right in Yavn's article

"First up, I have an important announcement I need to get out of the way… there's really no easy way to say this, so here goes – on September 30th we're closing VMK Central at Walt Disney World."

Well, he didn't say they were moving but they were closing.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Ask For My WDW Videos.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJo View Post

"First up, I have an important announcement I need to get out of the way… there's really no easy way to say this, so here goes – on September 30th we're closing VMK Central at Walt Disney World."

Exactly! They may in the future when WDW and DLR find more money and space to open it they will but for now it's good just haveing a few quests.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
HappyBirthdayNICKJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJo View Post

Hmm, I dont see the word forever in there. Yes, I dont see the word moving.
I cant explain it much more then this but - Maybe they are Closing it, for a while. Meaning it wont be up ASAP.
Too Complicated to say more.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Registered+

faroutgirl ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
It's leaving deal with it, all us of us at DLR hoped and prayed it would not happen but it did.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:34 PM
HappyBirthdayNICKJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroutgirl View Post
It's leaving deal with it, all us of us at DLR hoped and prayed it would not happen but it did.
Uhm, I mean I'll live. Im dealing with it. I'm just saying it may come back. DLR, is smaller and not as many tourist come there as they do to WDW. You never know. It may even come to DLR again. Yavn didnt say it was gone for good.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Ask For My WDW Videos.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Quote:
Originally Posted by faroutgirl View Post
Pretty much...

Quote:
Uhm, I mean I'll live. Im dealing with it. I'm just saying it may come back. DLR, is smaller and not as many tourist come there as they do to WDW. You never know. It may even come to DLR again. Yavn didnt say it was gone for good.
Not as many people go to DLR becuase it's occupancy is smaller then WDW's so of course it's attendence would be down. Also DLR only ha 2 parks while WDW has 6.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

WDW Monorail is spinning in a Cursed Storm
It has been confirmed that VMK Central will move to the Tomorrowland Arcade. Kevin Yee reported that a jewelry shop will take it's place in the Cinema.

I would assume that some of the King's Gallery merchandise will take it's place as well since the BBB is moving into it's current location.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

piratewithskill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think yavns tricking us