Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old People who fight for Vmk, And people who lack a sense of boundaries.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:26 AM
:Dough..

My Mood: Curmudgeon
lol is spinning in a Cursed Storm
People who fight for Vmk, And people who lack a sense of boundaries.

I would like to start off saying, That this is not a rant, And I do not intend to affend anyone.
So take it however you like.

Virtual Magical Kingdom warned us, Just completely out of the blue, That it was going to shut down.
For good.
The day it closed, Many people found reasons to blame eachother, and to blame Disney, for an extremely irrational decision to close what led their lives.
Quote:
"Disney didn't give us notice!"
Quote:
"It's so-and-so's fault! He scammed to much!"
Quote:
"It's all yavn's fault! He's just to lazy!"
And then it finally set in.
Vmk is closed.
It's nor your fault, Nor mine.
Disney closed it, So get over yourselves.
Quote:
"Disney did a horrific thing... And they won't tell us why!"
They don't have to tell us why, So really, Just get over it.
And now, Though still upset, We devout our lives to saving an online game?!
I think not.
And some of you, Decide to mass e-mail DISNEY about THEIR choices?
You're crossing the boundries there child.
Take a step back, And be cival.
Yelling, Screaming, Threatening and boycotting Disney is NOT helping anyone.
I'll tell you that, I for one, Am just as sad as the next guy about VMK closing.
But I'll tell you this first.
  • I do in fact, Do other things besides sit at my computer desk, Mass e-mailing Disney, With the "poorestestest gramrrr round"
  • I do in fact, CARE about VMK's closing, And don't just sit around, Sucking the life out of others, And crushing and bashing them.
  • I contribute to society, Much more than you'd expect.
  • I do not sit around, 15 hours of the day on the internet, Gaining millions of pounds, eating chips and drinking energy drinks.
  • I would like to see Vmk reopen, But do not try and spread hopeful rumors to sound cool.
Disney, and other people, Have hinted to rumors, and spread many.
But I will note, That until Disney TELLS you that it will reopen, Don't buy it.
If you want to HELP save VMK, Let me give you a short list of the RIGHT way, and WRONG way, To go about that.

Right:
  • E-mailing the company, You can find the adressess/#'s in a sticky above
  • Sign a petition, Or join a site deticated to SAVING Vmk. Only.
  • Get out there! Get your old VMK friends together, and join another fun game, Make new memories!

WRONG:
  • Scream at Disney
  • Blame others
  • Threaten Disney/Others
  • Attempt to "Distroy" All things Disney
  • Yell at others about it
  • Start rumors, Just to crush people

My point?
I just wanted to make sure that you knew some of the options out there.
Because as simple, easy, and dumb this thread seems, Alot of us seem to ignore the simple ways to be cival.

Siggi Picture made by .:Blue:.
:3
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
Disney, and other people, Have hinted to rumors, and spread many.
But I will note, That until Disney TELLS you that it will reopen, Don't buy it.
If you want to HELP save VMK, Let me give you a short list of the RIGHT way, and WRONG way, To go about that.

Right:
  • E-mailing the company, You can find the adressess/#'s in a sticky above
  • Sign a petition, Or join a site deticated to SAVING Vmk. Only.
  • Get out there! Get your old VMK friends together, and join another fun game, Make new memories!

WRONG:
  • Scream at Disney
  • Blame others
  • Threaten Disney/Others
  • Attempt to "Distroy" All things Disney
  • Yell at others about it
  • Start rumors, Just to crush people

My point?
I just wanted to make sure that you knew some of the options out there.
Because as simple, easy, and dumb this thread seems, Alot of us seem to ignore the simple ways to be cival.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Really, there's a lot of pro-closure'ers that stereotype us, thinking all we do is exactly what you listed in the "Wrong" section. And, while stereotyping IS wrong... When you look around some of the fansites (Not this one, usually. We've got a lot of smart people here ), it's not hard to see where it all comes from. Like, for example... The "Hurricane VMK" movement that me and one other person posted about... While we do put our own, more positive spins on it... The original video had it planned as a sort of psuedo-guerilla warfare movement to halt operations of Radio VMK. Doing the right thing for the wrong reason, yes?

P.S.: I've been talking with one of the higher-ups in Hurricane VMK, though, and he assured me he planned on talking with the originator of that video about the psuedo-guerilla tactics. Also, psuedo- is a great prefix.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post

Really, there's a lot of pro-closure'ers that stereotype us, thinking all we do is exactly what you listed in the "Wrong" section. And, while stereotyping IS wrong... When you look around some of the fansites (Not this one, usually. We've got a lot of smart people here ), it's not hard to see where it all comes from.
Much agreed.
Many people, Like to form in their minds, That all we do, Day and night, Is sit around and do exactly what is in the "Wrong" section, Or worse.
We do have smart people here, and out there, That are trying hard enough to bring back Vmk.
But the biggest stereotype seems to be that, Those Who Choose To Save Vmk, Choose To Destroy Disney, And It's Magic.
Now where would you get that?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
.:I Have Drifted, Gone:.
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Gloomy
GoldenHeart is as Frosty as a Snowman
Right, okay, and it's fine that you think that way. But we don't need you telling us the "right" and the "wrong" way to act. People have different opinions/personalities/etc., and we do what we feel like doing. So your rights and wrongs certaintly aren't official, but they are logicial. We just don't need you to think of an opinion as a statment. Because it's not. You could atleast give suggestions.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHeart View Post
Right, okay, and it's fine that you think that way. But we don't need you telling us the "right" and the "wrong" way to act. People have different opinions/personalities/etc., and we do what we feel like doing. So your rights and wrongs certaintly aren't official, but they are logicial. We just don't need you to think of an opinion as a statment. Because it's not. You could atleast give suggestions.
Did I not STATE that this was my opionion?
I'm sorry if this is a rude statement to make, But I must say, "I don't need YOU telling me what i'm doing."
I stated, Nicely, That that is an OPIONION.
I didn't state that was OFFICIAL.
I stated it was a suggestion.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 PM
iMagician

Iwannaplayvmk is spinning in a Cursed Storm
But still you have to have confidence....I mean it can come back...maybe even this year?

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/user...p?userid=34165

Userpage^
Old 08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 

StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordIllidan View Post

Really, there's a lot of pro-closure'ers that stereotype us, thinking all we do is exactly what you listed in the "Wrong" section. And, while stereotyping IS wrong... When you look around some of the fansites (Not this one, usually. We've got a lot of smart people here ), it's not hard to see where it all comes from. Like, for example... The "Hurricane VMK" movement that me and one other person posted about... While we do put our own, more positive spins on it... The original video had it planned as a sort of psuedo-guerilla warfare movement to halt operations of Radio VMK. Doing the right thing for the wrong reason, yes?

P.S.: I've been talking with one of the higher-ups in Hurricane VMK, though, and he assured me he planned on talking with the originator of that video about the psuedo-guerilla tactics. Also, psuedo- is a great prefix.
It's Radio Disney, not Radio VMK lol. However, if Hurricane VMK works, then it will soon be Radio VMK!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Super Sleuth Award Joy To The World 

StarBP is as Frosty as a Snowman
The last ten or so days of VMK, I had a Save VMK quest. The prizes were great, and each day I kept my computer on and used the "Friends List Open" AFK bug to stay online. In order to award such great prizes, I had another account retrieve the best prize (only #1 was better than a fire wall, and #2, which actually went to another person, always had pirate Q) for the next day. One of the days, I purposely lost so someone would get the 3 fire walls, 100K credits, and more. Most of the tasks were to go to the most popular public rooms in VMK and say "Go to <another site> and sign the put.i,sun!" Before those tasks, I had people get items in my room, to keep the people there for a minute to boost my position on the Popular Rooms List. Unlike some people, I actually GOT ACTIVE with the Save VMK campaign and DID SOMETHING. It is estimated that hundreds of people came to my room every day. Whenever I went to the rooms that I made people go to, I would often hear someone doing my quest. I have also estimated that said other site recieved at least 1,000 extra signatures due to my efforts, and the number during that period was DOUBLED compared to what it would have been without my quest. Without my quest, that other site would not have gotten 20,000 total signatures before the closing. I know the other account thing was cheating, but it was cheating for a cause. There was even a staff member who knew about my quest. (I had reported someone for using a cheating device to do my quest, and the staff member replied, "Sorry your plan didn't work ". I reported him again, and the staff member replied, "No cheating device was used.", and "It is impossible to cheat on a quest." Hmm... If it's impossible to cheat on a quest, then who were the cheaters Yavn was referring to on the first Blackheart quest?)
Old 08-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
It's Radio Disney, not Radio VMK lol. However, if Hurricane VMK works, then it will soon be Radio VMK!
Hehheh. I think faster than I type XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBP View Post
The last ten or so days of VMK, I had a Save VMK quest. The prizes were great, and each day I kept my computer on and used the "Friends List Open" AFK bug to stay online. In order to award such great prizes, I had another account retrieve the best prize (only #1 was better than a fire wall, and #2, which actually went to another person, always had pirate Q) for the next day. One of the days, I purposely lost so someone would get the 3 fire walls, 100K credits, and more. Most of the tasks were to go to the most popular public rooms in VMK and say "Go to <another site> and sign the put.i,sun!" Before those tasks, I had people get items in my room, to keep the people there for a minute to boost my position on the Popular Rooms List. Unlike some people, I actually GOT ACTIVE with the Save VMK campaign and DID SOMETHING. It is estimated that hundreds of people came to my room every day. Whenever I went to the rooms that I made people go to, I would often hear someone doing my quest. I have also estimated that said other site recieved at least 1,000 extra signatures due to my efforts, and the number during that period was DOUBLED compared to what it would have been without my quest. Without my quest, that other site would not have gotten 20,000 total signatures before the closing. I know the other account thing was cheating, but it was cheating for a cause. There was even a staff member who knew about my quest. (I had reported someone for using a cheating device to do my quest, and the staff member replied, "Sorry your plan didn't work ". I reported him again, and the staff member replied, "No cheating device was used.", and "It is impossible to cheat on a quest." Hmm... If it's impossible to cheat on a quest, then who were the cheaters Yavn was referring to on the first Blackheart quest?)
See, we need more of this kind of thing going on.

Y'know... except for the fact that making quests is a bit harder without said virtual theme park to go questing in, but... I'm sure you all can improvise

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Starbucks = LOVE!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 

My Mood: Snow!
ParamoreGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Look you somewhat have a point but still we can do whatever we want.
Look just ignore people if they're " threatning Disney " ( never seen this happen before anyways... ). Mostly all we do is complain. Complaining is natural, and you just don't have to look at the threads. We have opinions and you have yours.