Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Collectibles

Disney Collectibles Check out my Disney collections!

Old Disney Pin Trading

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:35 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Disney Pin Trading

WHOOP I get the first thread in this forum. Anyways.... :P

Talk about Disney Pin Trading here. Any pins you happen to be looking for, found, own, whatever. Stick to the forum rules though.

Also, feel free to post pictures of your favorite Disney pins/lanyards. Just make sure there's no personal info in the pictures or whatever (like name pins. )

I'm currently putting together a Pixie Pirates lanyard. Anyone know if there are word pins that say "pixie" and "pirate"? I need those to finish out the lanyard.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 09-06-2011, 10:38 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Hmm, "pixie" and "pirate."

I like this pin. There are a lot of good ones on disneypins.com/

This is a pin I really, really want:

Last edited by GoodPolarGirl; 09-06-2011 at 11:08 PM..
Old 09-06-2011, 11:30 PM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
I currently don't have any pins but I like the ones that I see online and stuffs
Old 09-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 

@ Marie: I LOVE that pin! I can see why you like it, LOL

@ Lightning: You need to buy a few pins... buy a couple from your favorite attraction or movie!

I own this pin - a cast member gave it to me on my first trip to Disney World. In brand-new condition (which mine is pretty close to, I've taken care of it ) it retails at about $35. Unfortunately, I don't own the rest of the four-pin set.... ugh.

So here it is!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 PM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodPolarGirl View Post
This is a pin I really, really want:

Har har har. *Cough - Currently trading it * (So sue me if I am evil).

I will show pictures of many pins that have (not all of them because that would take too long) later on next week/weekend.

*Stitch is obviously some of my collection of pins though :P

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 AM
im bored woo
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: LOL
LightningBrutus is floating through Inner Space
I like pins it's just that I'm not really near either of the parks to where I could go and get any D: but we might go to Disney world in the beginning of next year so maybe then I'll see if I like any there
Old 09-08-2011, 03:49 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningBrutus View Post
I like pins it's just that I'm not really near either of the parks to where I could go and get any D: but we might go to Disney world in the beginning of next year so maybe then I'll see if I like any there
Actually, a really good way to start pin trading is to buy online. When my family started pin trading, my mom bought a lot of 100 pins online, and we each took ones that we liked, and then split up the ones we didn't like so we could trade them on our next trip. You can find sets of 50, 100, or other number pins online for pretty cheap (like, a dollar per pin as opposed to five or ten dollars per pin). Of course, there are some people out there selling fraud pins, but as long as you check feedback, then you're good to go.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

I found one I really want I like ballerina, princess, pirate, and pixie pins. I wear so many lanyards in the parks... xD

And when trading in the parks, keep in mind the lower the edition size, the rarer it is. I asked one of the people who worked at one of the pin shops and she said that the edition size is how many were made- so if you have a limited edition pin with an edition size of say, 1000, that means 1000 of those pins were made. If it's NOT limited edition, the edition size just means kind of how valuable it is.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:08 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broccolisprout View Post
And when trading in the parks, keep in mind the lower the edition size, the rarer it is. I asked one of the people who worked at one of the pin shops and she said that the edition size is how many were made- so if you have a limited edition pin with an edition size of say, 1000, that means 1000 of those pins were made. If it's NOT limited edition, the edition size just means kind of how valuable it is.
Yes that is true Broccoli! However, do not forget about AP (Artist Proof), PP (Pre-production), and P (Prototype) pins as well! These pins can be traded on some pin boards (especially at pin events) and on some cast member lanyards. They are stamped AP, PP, or P on the back of the respective pin.

There are also some rare pins that can be bought at the online Disney store, as well as some Disney auctions pins too.

I'll try to post my collection sometime this week xD

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 09-12-2011, 08:13 PM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase

Right! I forgot about the artist proof and such. Those also affect the value There are a few pin sets that cost about $700 USD... I personally would never buy one of those xD

Has anyone ever seen a pin like this? I lost one at Disney World in 2008 and was really sad about it because it was one of my favorite pins. I had my initials on the back I think... yeah, interesting way of claiming my pin if it turned up in a lost-and-found.

Screen shot 2011-09-12 at 11.29.00 AM.jpg