Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Am i the only one that likes the old vmk?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Festive
Disneyzoodude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiko_dee View Post
I kind of miss the old vmk!
I actually wish they didnt put that "connecting to server" and "additional items" screen thing!I also dont like the swirl thing under ppls body when they load.At first i thought it was funny but now it just gives me more lag.
And what about the new catalog too?I miss the old one.
Also whenever i go to HM game room , it has that "additional items" screen thing again.Everything in vmk use to load faster but not anymore with all these features and stuff.
I still cant believe they sold flip and pan hats too!
The thing about the swirling under the body when the room is loading... Fire Fox (my internet browser), has stopped working because of it.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:18 PM
I like AlphaMeows.

AlphaMeow is spinning in a Cursed Storm
OK. Fine, the cyclones AREN'T 'cause of Halloween. But I'm armed with relatively powerful proof that the cyclones are because of Halloween and also why new VMK is better and more powerful than before.

Proof for Cyclones
1. The cylones appeared at the beginning of the month (At least I think so.) meaning that it could be a month special.
2. The cyclones are relatively Halloweenish, so, again, it could be a month special.
3. All the new Halloween stuff came out at around the same time the cyclones did. So, this could be a new Halloween feature.

Why New VMK is Better
1. The new monorail has the music game. And even if you do crash inside the monorail, you can mix music with better tunes than the main street version and it to stop crashing in the train, just switch off the in-game sound.
2. I find the new layout easier to use and it helps find certain objects much faster.
3. 2007 has been a big year. They have released new areas, squashed bugs, accepted more staff members and all that. The only con is that the haunted mansion game now takes a while to load. It has been a great year for VMK and I don't care if no one agrees.
4. You think the game is crashing because the of the updates? Well, you're probably right. But get used to it! All new things have bad bugs to start off with, and considering staff have released all these new items, it may be because of the new items and clothing + looks, not just the layout.

So theres what I think.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Lion + Lamb = Twilight
Awards Showcase
Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Tolerant
PrincessTiffani is spinning in a Cursed Storm
OMG i just got dc i think that it is very annoying i go on three times a week and i just hote getting dc i never got dc this much before
Old 10-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Secrets of the VMK member
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Golden Years Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: SaveVMK
TiggerDude is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Old VMK is better. They bay.be thing is annoying. Beta times were awesome ( Except for the bugs... ).
Old 10-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Confused. </3
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: Lonely
Pjgirl4ever is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yeah i miss the old vmk.. like everything changed.. i like the way it used to be before 2007 -.- everything was more fun, you didnt get dc everytime you walked into the monorail, and i really dont like the catallog -.- it takes forever to come up.. and sometimes it wont EVER come up -.- it makes me mad -.- i miss the old monorail, it was way better, and there really isnt anywhere to sit anymore.. it's dumb.. and the music is just annoying!! so i like OLD vmk better
i think all of the changes and getting dc all the time is what made some of my friends leave vmk.. i like the old vmk.. when all my friends got on. but now either they have left vmk, or they hardly ever go on.. i only have about 8 good friends that go on vmk almost everyday.. it's just not the same.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Cookies

Cindrbellas has disabled reputation
I miss the old VMK, VMKers, and VMKForums.

And GBShorts.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:08 PM
VMK Pal Creator
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Carioca is as Frosty as a Snowman
We all need to remember why the delayed loading system was added to VMK. It was added because every time a new land, game, room, furniture, costume, or even pin was added to VMK, it was that much more that had to be loaded when you logged into VMK. That meant that, as VMK continued to grow and add new items, the time that it took you to login and the memory requirements to play the game were also increasing.

The only way to have kept the old VMK alive was to literally keep the old VMK with no new lands, rooms, or other items at all.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Taylor is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carioca View Post
We all need to remember why the delayed loading system was added to VMK. It was added because every time a new land, game, room, furniture, costume, or even pin was added to VMK, it was that much more that had to be loaded when you logged into VMK. That meant that, as VMK continued to grow and add new items, the time that it took you to login and the memory requirements to play the game were also increasing.

The only way to have kept the old VMK alive was to literally keep the old VMK with no new lands, rooms, or other items at all.
Very true...
I do miss beta times though, everyone was so much nicer and gave free because they wanted to not because people begged them..
I also remember when you could play 1 on 1 pirates and get credits from the AI Bot ships x] ( you also got invisible magic :] )
Old 10-20-2007, 05:49 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner View Post
I don't think so. These seem like part of the "delayed loading" system - where items aren't loaded until you see the item on a person, in a room, for sale, or in your inventory.

I know it was a well intentioned idea - but I really think its damaging the whole game. The blue boxes were bad enough (and they were pretty bad), but all of this loading is really slowing things down.

Has anyone reported these crashes to VMK? Do they even know its a problem?

Yeah! It's really slowing down everything, my friends crash all the time O_O
one of my friends complained to a host about the lag it's causing
and she's like "No, it's supposed to stop lag"
so my friend was like "It's causing it for me"
and all the host said was "Meh"
O_o
Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 PM
₪ ø lll ·o.
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Insomnious
spot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confettispot41414 is covered with Confetti
The cyclones were cute at first, but now they're just annoying.

I really miss the old monorail. It was more original. The new one seems like just a copy of the music mix game. It lost its adorable-ness!

The new inventory design is just... Ugh. -.-

~Spotty
Old 10-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Monorail Mixer
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

BlazinBeats is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakesWithSyrup View Post
I agreee with all of this. But the HM loading thing? I always got that, not just after the new updates..?
Also, with what said about the cyclones and blue boxes, those cyclones scare me, and b/c of them i cant change my clothres while it loads, so like 5 minutes. The blue boxes, if anyone hosts a free if you find me, you can click them while the blue boxes load sometimes :Pm
I've always had the blue boxes..

But I miss the old layout of things..=[
Old 10-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Soccer 24/7
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award 
Total Awards: 15

VIP
AceGoalkeeper ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
I miss how VMK used to be also, but the past is the past so i guess we just have to move on and forget.

- Ace
Old 10-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Tim Burton Fan for Life

PinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with ConfettiPinkTinkPixie is covered with Confetti
I definately miss how VMK used to be. I know I must have said this over a million times now, but it just seemed a lot more magical back when it first opened in 2005. It gave you the feeling of actually being in one of the Disney parks, which I really loved about it.

~Pink

-The Little Prince
By Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Old 10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm Teselo on VMK!

Teselo is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I miss VMK back in 2006. It was so much less complicated back then!
Old 10-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMeow View Post
OK. Fine, the cyclones AREN'T 'cause of Halloween. But I'm armed with relatively powerful proof that the cyclones are because of Halloween and also why new VMK is better and more powerful than before.
Proof for Cyclones
1. The cylones appeared at the beginning of the month (At least I think so.) meaning that it could be a month special.
2. The cyclones are relatively Halloweenish, so, again, it could be a month special.
3. All the new Halloween stuff came out at around the same time the cyclones did. So, this could be a new Halloween feature.
Staff have said it is a new loading feature. It was pure co-incidence that it came out 1st of the month. It is here to stay just like the blue boxes for the room load