Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > VMK Players Discussion

VMK Players Discussion General VMK Gaming Discussions which doesn't fit anywhere else.

Old Where is a Yavn Speaks?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

piratewithskill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Why do you think the newsletter is so late?

I want to know what you think about the newsletter and why it is late!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Where is a Yavn Speaks?

I know we are supposed to get on each month, but the last one was on 8/09 So... Where is a Yavn Speaks?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:51 PM
<- ehlek is the best

Here Since Day 1
matzb is spinning in a Cursed Storm
maybe he is not updating it any more ?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:59 PM
VMK Addict

WDWLIGHTNINGZ is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Umm... we have the rest of September too....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

GoofyGeggy is floating through Inner Space
Yavn's a busy guy. He'll get to it when he gets to it. Until then, enjoy life, er, I mean, the game.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLIGHTNINGZ View Post
Umm... we have the rest of September too....
Oh come on! You mean he isn't supposed to post it exactly the first day of the month or EXACTLY every 30 days? Man, I am sooooo disappointed now
Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
My Clemmentine..

SweetAdelline is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Maybe Yavn's dream was to take a break from the Newsletter this month.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered+

grayman is as Frosty as a Snowman
Given the generally negative response whenever there is a newsletter, I can't really understand why people are so desperate to get a new one. Besides, I would much rather that the people running VMK devote their time and energy to making new items or features than telling me about new items and features that they might get around to making if they didn't have to write a newsletter every month.

I enjoy speculation and guessing about the future of the game as much as anyone, but I can also appreciate a good surprise.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
My Mood: VMK
LuckyJazz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Yes, Yavn is just very busy right now and *probably nothing bad happened to him. If anything bad did happen to him, I'm sure there would be this big thing in the newsletter saying so, that a new person will take place. I am sure Yavn and "Yavn Speaks!" will be back soon.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
grayman.. maybe people like newsletters...
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Registered+

staticbill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Patience. Patience. Patience! You have to be patient. I'm very sorry that some people can't wait for the newsletter, and I agree with Grayman, I would rather have them releasing items in VMK then Yavn giving us a newsletter every week. What would he say? He will probably say Dreams month is going swell, we are releasing something next week, but he wouldn't probably say anything else. Then everybody would be bummed, and you guys then would start complaining about the newsletter Yavn just gave. And what happens when Yavn says something you don't like, that they were getting something rid of in the game. Then you guys would all be sad again, and yet again complain. Yavn is doing his best. And Cookie_Lord, I know you like newsletters, so do I , but I don't complain about it. There is always so many threads about this. Patience. Patience. Patience!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Happy Holidays from us!

JazzyJelly is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I also have found that recently, Yavn's newsletter has not been completely accurate. So while I'd be interested to see one, its only for the idle reading value and not really to update on the game.

I guess it can be fun to speculate on...VMK has seemed to be really changing a lot. Never know what to expect. I guess there are good and bad aspects to that.

As for me, I give this month a big thumbs down, I'm sorry to say. It has just been too frustrating for words I realize others' feel differently so I'm obviously just speaking as one little VMK player.

(but I do have to say Grayman, I really don't think it takes anyone very much time to write a newsletter and I doubt that the presence or absence of a newsletter influences the development of new items in the game, at least as a time thing.)

and Adelline, I got a chuckle out of your statement.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 PM
.. something u drink from
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Design an Outfit Participation's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award 

My Mood: Piratey
Straws is as Frosty as a Snowman
yavn is supposed to update it evey week..
Old 09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Hugs and Pixie Dust
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Winner's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Pixieish
Jezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundJezzi has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straws View Post
yavn is supposed to update it evey week..
Uh no.. in one of his newsletters he stated that he would probably only update it once a month.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:38 PM
scene kid?hah
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Dreamy
Mizz.V is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Jezibabe is right but it has been two months.. think he should have posted it by now