Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Magic Kingdom- Which land first?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:13 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Magic Kingdom- Which land first?

I'm sure we all know that the opening of Magic Kingdom each morning at Walt Disney World causes a big rush to get to the rides first. I was wondering, which land do you head to first?

Fantasyland: I avoid as much as possible in the early morning. We no longer have the young kids and not many of the rides in Fantasyland appeal to us where we need to get there first thing in the morning.

Liberty Square: Umm, no.

Mickey's Toontown Fair: Well it's closing next month, sadly. But I haven't been to this area of the park in maybe 4-5 years. I do remember loving this area when I was around 4 years old.

Adventureland: Possibly because there is the Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and it's quick access to Frontierland shortly after.

Frontierland: Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain are big ones, but I don't think it's that important to head there first.

Main Street, U.S.A.: There's always time to shop later in the day.

Tomorrowland: This is my answer. Tomorrowland has the most popular attractions in my opinion: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, Stitch's Great Escape, Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress.

So which area of the park do you head to first?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Definitely Tomorrowland.

Probably get a fastpass for Space Mountain and then get in line if it is early enough. I also don't dislike any ride there (though I have never ridden the Astro Orbiter, I've heard the rocket things are extremely small and don't work for tall people?) But everything else there is amazing, and the attractions too. I remember getting stuck on the first scene of Carousel of Progress and had to listen to the whole scene four times. By the time we got moving the whole audience was saying the lines Also the TTA is sooooo fun sometimes hehe.

Sometimes my family and I start right off by taking the train, kinda to take it all in before we jump right in. We get off in Frontierland and ride Big Thunder Mountain.

Only reason for us to go into Adventureland is to ride Pirates a million times, and the shops there are pretty decent as well.

Liberty Square I feel we're in a lot, between the Haunted Mansion and the Hall of Presidents, and there's a good food place around there, I think it has something to do with fish? But I always get the chicken strips there, amazing

Mickey's Toontown Fair, the only time I see that place is when we take the train all the way around and stop there, and I'm like "oh hey I forgot this was there" but then the train moves on

And then we always hit up Main Street U.S.A. at the end to shop, or in the middle to get icecream at that one place that is always extremely packed.

Good thread Love it.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:44 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
My family normally heads to Adventureland first. We like going to pirates to start our day!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Fantasyland: We do the few attractions that we like there in the afternoon.
Liberty Square: Haunted Mansion normally doesn't have a line, so we do that whenever we have time.
Mickey's Toontown Fair: I have always enjoyed Mickey's Toontown fair (so many memories) and make an effort to go there when we get a chance (normally in the afternoon). The Judges' Tent is one my favorite stores and is always amusing to see 95 minute waits to meet the characters.
Adventureland: We do Jungle Cruise at night (so much better), and do the rest of the attractions on our second day at Magic Kingdom. We always have to get make sure we get a Dole whip as well.
Frontierland: We normally head here second to either ride or get fast passes for Splash Mountain and Thunder mountain railroad. We watch the Country Bear Jamboree when we get a chance.
Main Street USA: We look at the stores as we fast walk to Tomorrowland. If we get around to it, one of us gets our hair cut at the Barber Shop.
Tomorrowland: We head here first for several reasons. Tomorrowland Speedway does not have fastpasses and isn’t very effeficient. So if you want to ride it (without waiting an hour), you have to get there first thing. Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Space Spin get busy fast as well. So we either ride them or get fastpasses. Carousel of progress and People mover rarely get busy so we ride them whenever.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Aug 2005-May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'11 Award EKB Day Award Make A Wish Award Happy Valentine's Day 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Fluffy
Miketic is floating through Inner Space
I say go to Tomorrowland first unless you get fastpasses there and work your way around the park until that time comes. But also pass by the Mickey's Toontown Fair area since you won't see that place again, also ride some of the attractions like the Dumbo ride and Snow White's Scary Adventures since those will be removed with the recent expansion. Then after going through there, I just work around the park and just enjoy.
I only been to Magic Kingdom about somewhere to almost or at least 30 times...

Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I also don't dislike any ride there (though I have never ridden the Astro Orbiter, I've heard the rocket things are extremely small and don't work for tall people?)
LOL, there's a pretty funny story involving myself and my Dad on that bloomin' ride. It was at Disneyland in California rather than WDW, but we decided to go on Astro Orbiter. It was evening, short queue, and we hadn't done it since I was a small child - so we did it. Well what a mistake that was! Now to put things into perspective, I'm 6ft 2 and my Dad is quite tall too and for some reason goodness only knows, we thought it would be fun to try and crush ourselves into one space rocket. The Cast Member came round, insisting that the seat belt was to be fastened (when there was absolutely no chance of either of us going anywhere! :P). But hey, we got out finally after a fun ride and a boat load (or should I say, rocket load) of bruises. So yeah, if you're gonna' ride Astro Orbiter, I INSIST you get a rocket each! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman
Liberty Square I feel we're in a lot, between the Haunted Mansion and the Hall of Presidents, and there's a good food place around there, I think it has something to do with fish? But I always get the chicken strips there, amazing
Wooo, Liberty Square's Columbia Harbour House is amazinggggg <3 Always go for the chicken and fish combo there - so nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman
And then we always hit up Main Street U.S.A. at the end to shop, or in the middle to get icecream at that one place that is always extremely packed.
I loveeeee Main Street and I just don't know why. I could stroll up and down that place all day, just smelling the individual rooms and browsing all the stores. So fun.

Anyway, we tend to go to either Tomorrowland or Adventureland first. Sometimes we run round to BTM, sometimes Space Mountain, sometimes Buzz, sometimes Jungle Cruise; really does depend on how we feel!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
We don't really do fastpasses, we only do them for rides like Splash Mountain or Space Mountain.

But as for which land we head to first... hmmmm...

I'd have to say Fantasyland. We LOVE the rides there. The carousel is the best.

We probably head to Adventureland next, for Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Why are pirates called pirates? Because they ARRRR. (Gotta love the corny jokes on Jungle Cruise!)

Frontierland is next, if the line is over 30 minutes long for Splash Mountain, we grab a fastpass and move on. Big Thunder ALWAYS comes after Splash Mountain, so skip that.

Tomorrowland is great, we always head here sometime later in the day. Space Mountain is a must.

My dad and I got on Astro Orbiter a couple years back, it was fun. Slightly crowded, but fun. Yes, we got both of us into that tiny little rocket! It was fairly easy, even with me being at just over 5 feet.

We usually go on almost every ride here at some point because they're so much fun.

Liberty Square and Main Street tend to be "we need a break from rides" areas.

Mickey's Toontown Fair is fun. We love the rides there, so sad that it's closing. At least it's not Disneyland's Toontown that's closing... I think it's just Disney World.

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Yeah it's just Disney World's Toontown that's closing

Forgot to add, if you haven't been to the Main Street Bakery - make a POINT of going there on your next trip! Try the cinnamon rolls; absolutely delicious!!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 PM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Nothing better than starting your day on Splash Mountain

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, just a Dream away...