Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback

Site Feedback Turn your amp up to 11 and let it wail!

Old Thank you, person. :) I was just going to make a rant about this...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thank you, person. :) I was just going to make a rant about this...

I was just going to rant about how much I hate request-awards.

I think they're a great idea, don't get me wrong. But I hate the option to "request one for yourself" I think that kind of ruins the holiday spirit. I think only once before have I requested myself to get one, because nobody gave me one :P, the other times I just let the award go.

This isn't a "everyone hates me because they won't give me an award!" thing, I was just saying, I think people just request their own, so they don't think to give anyone else theirs, because they think that person just requested their own. Have I ever given anyone one of these awards? Only once, but it didn't really count. Why? Because they had already requested theirs and gotten one. That's why I've stopped... because everyone gets them for themselves. But anyways, I guess I can hold off on this rant for now because I was just surprised by one!

So thank you! Whoever you are, I know there are a few people out there that like me , and I just wanted to thank all of my friends on here, because you're all very special to me and it's not like it even matters who gave me the award, because I know deep down, all of my friends would give me the award haha, and I'd do the same for them if they stopped requesting their own!!!

Haha I don't know if this makes sense, correct my incorrectness if I'm incorrect.

Thank you
Old 01-01-2011, 06:35 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I think it would be cool if there were some awards that we could only request for others. Like gifting.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:39 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
yes!! That's the whole point!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I completely agree. I think it's more fun if someone gives you the award, then just requesting it for yourself. For the first holiday request-award, I requested awards for all my friends, the members who had subscriptions, and anyone who posted that didn't have one. I felt bad seeing people without the award. Of course, this caused a great deal of work for the mods and I stopped doing this. Still it’s better to give then to receive.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
I usually award myself, but that's if no one ever gives me one.

*cough, 95% of the time, cough*

But that's after I get my sister an award and all of my non-active friends. So when they come back, they can see that they've been missed! I like giving awards. It's fun~
Old 01-03-2011, 12:35 AM
SPEED DEMON<3
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant's Award Design an Outfit Winner's Award Happy Holidays'09 Award Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Cloud_9
Akovia is floating through Inner Space
I agree with you, dude. It's not really fun to request an award for yourself, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of it. But hey, what can you say, if nobody gives you an award and you really want one, I guess the only way to get one is to request one for yourself.
Haha, Dude, I remember when I requested you a reward during the good old days on this forum and you were so happy =)

By the way, sorry, (again) that I responded so late on chat. It's just that I PMed you this time and then I saw you went offline so I closed the tab with the chat box
Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
Not a fan of the idea. While it could be argued that it goes against the favortism rule, it's also not very fair if any of the older members decide to return and request an award. Obviously if you don't post very much anymore, people aren't going to know you.. and hence you won't be able to get the award