Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK!

Project: SAVE VMK! General Discussion about VMK closing!

Old Would You pay To Play VMK?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
~Lizzy~

My Mood: Cheerful
Liz_The_Waffle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Did WDIG think about how mnay people they hurt?!?

WDIG did not think how many kids they hurt.

Millions of kids played VMK, but then they broke their hearts and shut it down.

Next time I go anywhere, (theme park wise) I will wear a save VMK shirt..

JOIN IT TOO!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I like how you answer your own question right away hehe

Hello and welcome to the forums.

My name is bluedudeman, and I have been here since 2005 I think. I don't know. Anyways we're super friendly here, most of the time jk, we're all pretty good friends. It's a real tight community but we always have room for another awesome person I hope you enjoy your time here!

Anyways, on to the main topic.

Yeah, I think they probably knew that a lot of people cared about the game... I'm sure someone brought it up during the closing days of VMK, so I bet that the staff/WDIG thought about it. But hey, I mean I personally don't look at Disney and say "oh they just did it because you know, they're the bad guys!" I don't fault them for their decision. We don't know a whole lot about the situation, so they way I look at it, there must have been a good reason to close it.

Good idea with the save VMK shirt, I probably won't be doing that... but I might I don't know Good idea though :P I really miss VMK.

Welcome to the forums
Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
To say that millions played is a hyperbole (which is a word that I just realized a week ago is pronounced hye-per-bullly and not hyper-bowl), but a thousands did. And it was really popular. And for them to close it was stupid.

I know my heart was broken. When Yavn first made the announcement, I cried, and the night it closed, I cried.

BTW, welcome to the forums!!
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 

VIP
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Maybe million(s) is, but I wouldn't TOTALLY doubt a single million... maybe I don't know the exact numbers..
Old 01-22-2011, 01:59 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I don't think they intended to hurt anyone. In their eyes I assume they thought that we would all go to one of their other games and continue on with our lives. I'm sure they expected everyone to be upset, but I don't think they expected everyone to get as upset as they did. It took me a while to realize, but they were right. You just need to keep moving forward.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:25 AM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Yeah......but Disney also failed to realize that maybe we weren't interested in any of their other games.

Maybe we didn't want to be a Penguin, or a Pirate, or a Fairy, or a Car, or....well, you know what I mean......
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 AM
I <3 Disneyland
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 18

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: BDay
Broccolisprout is floating through Inner Space
Disney announced at the beginning of VMK that it was a promotional game for a Disney anniversary, I forgot which one, but anyways.

Disney planned to close VMK down after one year. They left it open after that because we wanted them to, and they had so many people playing, that it was good advertising. After a few years, population actually started to decline, and because it was a free game, Disney was using their money to keep it running. They closed it down because they had a set amount of money to use for it, and were running out of that money.

I moved on from VMK. It was fun while it lasted, but now? I play Pirates, Toontown, AND Pixie Hollow. I find those game twice as fun as VMK was. (Especially Pirates, I mean, ships and cannons are awesome. The VMK Pirates game was just way too hard for me :P)

Broccolisprout, 2005-2008
Old 01-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Pirates is fun, just not fun enough. Toontown? Meh only if you pay. And pixie hollow?
Well I'm a guy, but the game doesn't appeal.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I was upset that it closed too. But they probably thought that they could close the game and the players would be paying customers of the other online games. That's why they gave out free 30 day unlimited passes to Toontown and POTCO (some of which I still have but no longer work, ). But in the end, it's all a business.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Official Disney Princess!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Born In Park
DisneyDesi is spinning in a Cursed Storm
When I first thought about it, after I stopped crying, I thought that it would be fine. Then it closed. WDIG knew how many played it. They knew how special it was. They knew what they were doing to us. More then 5,000 players a day.. Little kids, pre-teens. VMK was an escape to people, like me, and they just took it away. I keep saying that they just don't care about us. Sadly. We are kids, even teens. They think we will get over it. I honestly think that I will never get over it. VMK will always be in my heart. I will never forgive them. Almost 3 years later and I am still in the denial stage. I don't want to believe its gone. It still makes me cry.

Credit goes to Friez! Iloveit Thanks!

Last edited by Jezzi; 01-29-2011 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: advertising
Old 01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
You know, I guess I am over the closing of VMK. I mean, I never think of the actual game anymore, just this site. So I guess I'm over VMK, I mean yeah if it came back I'd play right away but I'm not thinking about it anymore. Maybe this is why I'm making a big deal over us not having a lot to talk about anymore, because I don't really see it as a VMK forum, I just see it as a forum kinda now haha. Makes sense to me.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Patriot 2010 Award VMK Memories Award 2010 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: AFK
Vivi is Buried in TreasureVivi is Buried in Treasure
Hi newbie~ Can I call you VMK, or do you have a name that you would much rather go by? *waves* I'm Vivi, formerly known as Vienna. I tend to drift around, but I know most of the people here. (I wonder if they still think of me as their own...)

Anyways! On the topic at hand~~ As many people above have stated, I don't thing WDIG really meant to hurt anybody. I mean, it may seem that way through our perspective, but they didn't view VMK as a life-changing game and such, but as a business, because they were, ahem, business people.

Oh, and seriously, MLKnCookies? I never got my 30 day pass. Ever. -_-; But I did play POTC, it was actually kind of fun.
Until they implement the pay-to-get awesome stuff features. Then everyone hopped on board and I left because I couldn't make any friends.

On the shirt idea, that sounds fun. ^^ I might do that, maybe~

...so yeah.

Last edited by Jezzi; 01-29-2011 at 07:22 PM.. Reason: non-g
Old 01-30-2011, 03:41 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post

Oh, and seriously, MLKnCookies? I never got my 30 day pass. Ever. -_-; But I did play POTC, it was actually kind of fun.
Until they implement the pay-to-get awesome stuff features. Then everyone hopped on board and I left because I couldn't make any friends.
I got 2 of each, . But I was only wise enough to use one toontown pass because I thought they would never expire. I was kind of dumb lol. Oh well, I'll just wait for that one weekend when it's unlimited access for everyone.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase

VIP
Probably one of the big reasons that I didn't really have a huge problem with it right away was because I had taken like, an eight month break, went back to VMK.com and I was like... "oh it's been closed for months..."
Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 AM
~Lizzy~

My Mood: Cheerful
Liz_The_Waffle is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Hi newbie~ Can I call you VMK, or do you have a name that you would much rather go by? *waves* I'm Vivi, formerly known as Vienna. I tend to drift around, but I know most of the people here. (I wonder if they still think of me as their own...)

Anyways! On the topic at hand~~ As many people above have stated, I don't thing WDIG really meant to hurt anybody. I mean, it may seem that way through our perspective, but they didn't view VMK as a life-changing game and such, but as a business, because they were, ahem, business people.

On the shirt idea, that sounds fun. ^^ I might do that, maybe~

...so yeah.
I go by VMK yes