Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > VMK & Disney Audio/Video Forum

VMK & Disney Audio/Video Forum Post your audio/video files here about VMK and Disney. All posts are moderated in this forum.

Old Guide to Creating Videos of VMK

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:44 AM

NoniNoni is as Frosty as a Snowman
It won't work for me. I think I am doing it wrong..
Old 11-19-2005, 06:20 AM
VILLAINS' MONTH! MUAHAHA!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Appleson is as Frosty as a Snowman
oooooooooooo, very interesting thread you've got here MisterToad. thx so much for sharing this
Old 11-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Registered+

redsockgurl has disabled reputation
ty! it works really good on my computer! (too short)
Old 11-21-2005, 06:47 PM
my avatar is my dog

hortonlife is spinning in a Cursed Storm
what do movies do for you of vmk and how do you get your avatar to move like redsockgurls cat. also somebody post one of there movies here i want to see
Old 11-27-2005, 03:58 AM
Yummy, Cookies.

Cookielover is spinning in a Cursed Storm
it did not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:57 PM
So the drama.

witchesrock is spinning in a Cursed Storm
That's sort of off topic here.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Same on VMK

HarborLight is spinning in a Cursed Storm
wow

i am just new at this so i am trying stuff out wish me luck and happy holidays :xmas22:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yahoo300x100na_it_112105[1].jpg (17.2 KB, 381 views)
Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
Walking on broken glass

My Mood: Bookworm
Jord is as Frosty as a Snowman
Well..I downloaded it and cannot find Windows Media in my Start all programs menu...but after I finish the download it brings me here and nothing happens

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/t...yLang=en&oRef=
Old 12-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Registered++

My Mood: Sporkness
MisterToad has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MisterToad has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Jord
Well..I downloaded it and cannot find Windows Media in my Start all programs menu...but after I finish the download it brings me here and nothing happens

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/t...yLang=en&oRef=
It seems that Microsoft will now only let you download the Windows Media Encoder if you are running a valid licensed copy of Windows. On the page you mentioned, just click the Continue button and follow the directions to validate your copy of Windows. Once the validation process is completed, you will be taken to a download page. Click the Download button and save the WMEncoder.exe file wherever you want. When the file is finished downloading, run WMEncoder.exe to install the Windows Media Encoder. You should then find it on your Start menu.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Walking on broken glass

My Mood: Bookworm
Jord is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterToad
It seems that Microsoft will now only let you download the Windows Media Encoder if you are running a valid licensed copy of Windows. On the page you mentioned, just click the Continue button and follow the directions to validate your copy of Windows. Once the validation process is completed, you will be taken to a download page. Click the Download button and save the WMEncoder.exe file wherever you want. When the file is finished downloading, run WMEncoder.exe to install the Windows Media Encoder. You should then find it on your Start menu.
Uh..there is no continue button on that page.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Registered++

MisterToad has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MisterToad has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Jord
Uh..there is no continue button on that page.
This is what I get when I click the link you posted (I circled the Continue button):
wme.jpg

Do you get something different?
Old 12-18-2005, 02:11 PM
:)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

OstrichSam is floating through Inner Space
Sorry to bother you, but i have a question. When i upload my movies onto putfile, it says they cannot accept this type of file. Do you know what is wrong? Im guessing its the file i saved it as, but im not sure how to save it as another one. I can't find the option.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered++

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichSam
When i upload my movies onto putfile, it says they cannot accept this type of file. Do you know what is wrong? Im guessing its the file i saved it as, but im not sure how to save it as another one. I can't find the option.
On the Putfile site, did you select the "Video, Flash, or Audio" option?
Can you play the file in Windows Media Player?
Is the file in .wmv format?
Old 12-20-2005, 11:53 PM
:)
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 2

OstrichSam is floating through Inner Space
I selected video, i think. I am pretty sure it is in vmv, but it might be in wme. I can play it in windows media player.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 PM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterToad
For months now I have been meaning to post instructions on how to make a video of VMK. Today I finally got around to doing it. There are many tools available for recording what is on your screen. In this tutorial I will describe how to make a video using the free Windows Media Encoder. These instructions assume you are running Windows XP.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage caused to your computer. I have performed the steps outlined below on my own computer without any problems, but if your hard drive crashes or your monitor explodes, it's not my fault.

1. Download the Windows Media Encoder (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx) and install it.

2. Run the Windows Media Encoder. It should be on your Start Menu: All Programs -> Windows Media -> Windows Media Encoder

3. The following window should appear:

Select "Capture screen" and click OK

4. In the next step, select what part of the screen you want to record:

You can select "Specific window", but that will include the entire browser window. I recommend selecting "Region of the screen", which will allow you to select a specific area that you want to record.
If you want to record sound, check the "Capture audio from the default audio device" checkbox.
Click the Next button to continue.

5. In the next step, you will get to select the exact area of the screen that you want to record:

Click the selection button, which is below the text "Do you want to use the selection button?" The Windows Media Encoder window will minimize. Click one corner of the area that you want to record. Then hold down the mouse button and drag to the opposite corner of the area that you want to record. When you release the mouse button, the Windows Media Encoder window will be back on the screen.

6. In the next step, enter a file name for your video:

7. In the next step, select the video quality that you want:

I recommend High quality. The video quality is very good and the file size is quite reasonable.

8. In the next step, enter information about your video:

The information you enter will be displayed when the video is played in Windows Media Player.

9. In the next step, verify that everything looks ok:

Make sure the "Begin capturing screens when I click Finish" checkbox is checked and click Finish to start recording.

10. The following message will appear:

Click OK to start recording.

11. The Windows Media Encoder window will minimize and recording will begin. When you are finished recording, click on Windows Media Encoder on the taskbar and click the Stop button on the toolbar:

12. A summary window will be displayed:

Click Close to close the summary window, or click Play Output File to watch your video.

At this point you may want to edit your video. Video editing is beyond the scope of this tutorial. If you are running Windows XP, you should have Windows Movie Maker, which you can use to edit your video.

Now you need to put your video where others can see it. There are sites that will host videos for free, such as Putfile (http://www.putfile.com). You can upload files up to 10 MB on Putfile, or 25 MB if you sign up for a free account.

I hope this tutorial has been helpful. Feel free to post any tips or ideas that you have.
i cant find windows media