Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Computer Technical Support

Computer Technical Support General & VMK Related Software & Hardware support. Recommendations, Reviews and so forth.

Old Computer problem

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:41 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKForumsAddict
PowerfulSonicMint is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Computer problem

Ahh... I've had this computer upstairs in my room for 9 months, and whenever I turn it off, it boots itself back on automatically, and it keeps doing it until I turn the power source off. But, whenever I try to turn it on, it won't turn on until it boots itself on. Idk why it's doing this, but I need help, and fast!!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:35 AM
Gotta go...
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKFy
TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!
There's a good possibility that Windows is suffering some sort of fatal error during the shutdown process.

By default, Windows XP (assuming youre using XP) is configured to automatically restart when Windows stops responding. To view this setting, follow these steps:
  1. Click the Start button, right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  2. Under System Failure, view the Automatically restart check box. If the Automatically restart check box is selected, Windows automatically restarts if the computer stops unexpectedly.
Unchecking the Automatically restart check box probably wont fix your problem, but it will let you see if there is an error that is causing Windows to reboot during shutdown.

It seems this is a fairly common problem for users with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 programs. Both have updates from the manufacturer that fixes this issue.

Hoping that might help!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooHip View Post
There's a good possibility that Windows is suffering some sort of fatal error during the shutdown process.

By default, Windows XP (assuming youre using XP) is configured to automatically restart when Windows stops responding. To view this setting, follow these steps:
  1. Click the Start button, right-click My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  2. Under System Failure, view the Automatically restart check box. If the Automatically restart check box is selected, Windows automatically restarts if the computer stops unexpectedly.
Unchecking the Automatically restart check box probably wont fix your problem, but it will let you see if there is an error that is causing Windows to reboot during shutdown.

It seems this is a fairly common problem for users with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 or Direct CD 5.0 programs. Both have updates from the manufacturer that fixes this issue.

Hoping that might help!
I actually use Windows 7 (Because my dad works there and gave me the release candidate), so what about that? And I don't have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.0 either.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:15 AM
VMK's New Arcade Man!!!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Never mind. I actually got it fixed. My motherboard, my hard drive, and my memory were bad enough so my dad fixed it and its now working!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Ranter
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 14

My Mood: Excited
jedry is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulSonicMint View Post
Never mind. I actually got it fixed. My motherboard, my hard drive, and my memory were bad enough so my dad fixed it and its now working!
I was going to suggest a possible error but looks like you sorted it out.
Good to know that your computer's now ok.