Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old Disney May Be Winning A Battle Against Land Proposed For A Third Theme Park

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:08 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Disney May Be Winning A Battle Against Land Proposed For A Third Theme Park

Here is the article from another web site:

Resort News - (11/2/07) Disney’s big push to stop the a large low-rent housing project from being built next to the land they’ve set aside for a third theme park may be working. Apparently the deal between the developer (SunCal) and property owner (Frank Family Partnership) is falling apart as SunCal has just filed their own lawsuit against Frank Family for reneging on the $46 million contract. Meanwhile Frank Family is stating that they’ve had to extend the deadline for SunCal to close escrow on the deal eight times and that SunCal just wont step up to the plate. The way things are going it sounds like the deal is self-destructing.

Also, on this picture I found about the big DCA announcement, from the news, on the top left corner of the picture it shows a map of the 2 parks and below the area set for Cars Land it says, "Proposed Third Theme Park" take a look.

Last edited by TooHip; 11-03-2007 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: removed URL
Old 11-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Disneyland is Walt's park

LeonaGal is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Thanks for posting this. Although, it may be the way I read it, but it sounds like you are indicating that the Cars Land will be the third park. From what I know, it will be a new land in DCA, not a new theme park.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:29 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Maybe because when I said Cars Land it jumped to the next line so maybe it made it seem like Cars Land, like new theme park land for cars. lol but I know Cars Land is going to be a new land in DCA and not a new park
Old 11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
°o° Disney Enthusiast
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 4

DizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundDizCaptain has turned into a Bat and is flying around
[The internet] isn't always reputable but I saw this too and it Im pretty sure they are just building car land because the plan for it is a rather large area of land needed for its attractions.

Last edited by TooHip; 11-03-2007 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: removed URL
Old 11-03-2007, 05:18 PM
My TSMM Score: 280,600

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!NaviMap has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
The Disney's California Adventure Overhaul Press Release has nothing to do with the large plot of Disney-owned land to the southeast of the main resort area (which currently is a cast member parking lot & a strawberry field). The land was bought by Disney I believe around 1998 with the original intention of building a third theme park. However, plans for a third theme park have never taken off (due to the poor start for DCA and a 2001-2002 slowdown in the tourism industry) nor are there any official plans for a third theme park. Most likely Disney would only consider a third theme well after the buildout of DCA and especially depending on whether that DCA buildout brings huge growth in attendance figures that would justify such a major expansion.

So, in plain terms, don't expect hear anything about a 3rd theme park anytime soon.

As far as this high density upscale housing development (with a portion of the units devoted to affordable housing). It involves a separate plot of land that is located directly east of the Disney-owned land (that was originally intended for a 3rd theme park). The plot was originally zoned specifically for tourism-related uses as part of the Anaheim Resort Area. The developer sought to change the zoning of the plot to build a high density residential development.

However, all that happened after this has been very controversial and has become a very heated political discussion. Something that really isn't appropriate to discuss in these forums.