Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Project: SAVE VMK! > Project: SAVE VMK! Archive

Project: SAVE VMK! Archive Archive forum for Project: SAVE VMK!

Old I don't see why.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:20 PM
blehh♥♥
Awards Showcase
Halloween'10 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Winner 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Baffled
xoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confettixoop is covered with Confetti
I don't see why.

Okay.
So, we all want VMK to come back.
But would it have the same effect on us?

We used to play safe thinking that VMK would never close. Ever.
Now that it has closed, and we want it back, if it ever did come back, we'd still be looking cautiously around every corner hoping that it wouldn't go away. There would probably be a switch from safety to not sure. It wouldn't be the same.

Just my two cents.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Hmm... You make a good point...
I think that people would take VMK's closing as a warning that it CAN be taken away from us and learn to stop whining and breaking the rules and such... Because in my opinion, a major contributing factor was the amount of misbehaving going on...
Yeah, it'd be different... But I think most change would be for the better
Old 10-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Dont be afraid
Awards Showcase
Design a Pin Participation's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 6

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Cautious
TBs_Creation is floating through Inner Space
ACTUALLY if you looked around the fansite before vmk closed, people did make predictions when vmk was gonna close. Of course they were thinking years from then, but it still counts.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Star Wars rocks!!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Pwness
IceManFan is as Frosty as a Snowman
you do have a very good point xoop

Roxas Rocks!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:40 PM
♥Sonny With A Chance!♥
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Which Disney Character Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Sick
PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!PurpleCrazyLava has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Pisces, but what about all the other fans that were good, why did they suffer for our mistakes? What Would Walt of done?
xoop: Wonderful point!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Honestly if it reopened I wouldn't be stupid and waste the time I had left of vmk if it was going to close to worry about it closing. I would just run around and act like before. Ofcourse things would be slightly different, how couldn't it? But I don't think it would be too drastic.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Noise amongst the static
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: SaveVMK
LordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundLordIllidan has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoop View Post
Okay.
So, we all want VMK to come back.
But would it have the same effect on us?

We used to play safe thinking that VMK would never close. Ever.
Now that it has closed, and we want it back, if it ever did come back, we'd still be looking cautiously around every corner hoping that it wouldn't go away. There would probably be a switch from safety to not sure. It wouldn't be the same.

Just my two cents.
If Disney were smart, they wouldn't. A lot of people are slowly losing faith in Disney's gaming division because of this stunt. The rest of the company is able to make money without having to dispel the magic, why not their gaming division?

If they opened it again just to close it at a later date, they'd only be proving our suspicions that they don't care at all for the standards the rest of the company has set. And word would spread. Ex-VMK players wouldn't be the only fans they'd lose.

Right now, it's safer for them to keep it closed until they could ensure that they've learned their lesson and they won't do anything stupid with the game again.

I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.