Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other Games > VMKF Arcade

VMKF Arcade Talk about the VMKF arcade.

Old Post Arcade Glitches/Bugs Here!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:29 PM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
Is it just me, or is the arcade button gone?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 AM
Go visit the wiki! ;)
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award 
Total Awards: 10

VIP
TravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureTravisSch ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli-Rae View Post
Is it just me, or is the arcade button gone?
It's there for me. It works and everything.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Finally Back
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Happy
PirateInferno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
- Totally Fixed -

Last edited by PirateInferno; 11-01-2007 at 09:28 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 02:08 AM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
oh well my arcade button dissapeared from the top.
there isnt even a space for it or anything.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:35 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase

piratewithskill is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Odd. Mines still there
Old 10-19-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm cheap and lazy
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Happy Valentine's 

Wendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoWendot ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateInferno View Post
For goodness sakes my score keeps getting claimed by Mr.GreenGene those highscores are not his!!!!!!!!!!!!Fix this already!!!!!!!!!!!!!
High scores should be updated now
Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Mega PM Donation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Mr.GreenGene has disabled reputation
Exclamation Despite your wishes

Despite your wishes, the scores will always revert back to the way they are now. Several cycles ago, when you won a game that had a lock score (a score that can not be topped) you kept it even though others scored the "same" score. Last cycle that changed and now you can get the high score just by a tie. The last person to get the top score is first. There is no way now to prove that you were indeed the first person to get that high score. In fact, you were not first in either of those games (Crystal Island and Crazy Maze) I even went so far as to enter the word "first" in the comment box for Crazy Maze to remind me of that. If Wendot requires proof of this, just look at the times that we won that high scores and you will plainly see that indeed I was the first player to get the "lock" score. Under the current rules, anyone who wins that game can get the high score from me and you. If you want to change the rules now, please give me and all the other players fair notice so that we have an even chance of getting the high score first. Just giving you high score because you complained about it isn't exactly fair now is it?

Wendot please do not adjust the scores in these games until we all have a fair and balanced discussion about how the arcade works for these games. In addition, Bunny Grab, Tarzan Jungle Jump, COCO Penalty, Daffy Jumper and Matchstick Soccer also score in this manner.

Oh in addition to the above problems the timer for all these games is messed up. Using time as a measure of ability in most of these games is useless since the timer is not reliable. I suggest that you just leave things as they are for this cycle out of fairness to all and fix things in the beginning of the next cycle. Right now ANYONE can get those high scores and that seems fair enough to me.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
I keep having an issue of my high score thingy not showing on my profile for FreeCell.

It appears that it is reverting back to whoever gets the score last. Which, drives me crazy, because the top score available is only 260. This game ranks in order of speed, which seems to be the only way to figure out who should win it.

So is there anyway to fix it for this game? I have to go play a game everytime someone else does so that it will revert back to me. I show as first place, but like person 10 shows as the champion because they played it last.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World Mega PM Donation Award 

Exclamation Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
I keep having an issue of my high score thingy not showing on my profile for FreeCell.

It appears that it is reverting back to whoever gets the score last. Which, drives me crazy, because the top score available is only 260. This game ranks in order of speed, which seems to be the only way to figure out who should win it.

So is there anyway to fix it for this game? I have to go play a game everytime someone else does so that it will revert back to me. I show as first place, but like person 10 shows as the champion because they played it last.
If you would have read the post directly under yours you would have seen me address this topic for several other games and a few other players who are having similar problems. Since the timers are not accurate, time is not useful in this case so there is not a fair way of assessing a winner. I hope that this will be addressed in the next cycle, but for this cycle I am asking that things remain "as is". The reason is clear to those of us that have played in every arcade cycle, if you understand the rules going in then you just have to play according to them. If you attempt to alter the rules now it will benefit some and prejudice others. I agree it stinks having to defend a score over and over but I been doing that for about a year now so welcome to the club!
Old 10-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Mrs. DarthMelissa to you!
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!DarthMelissa has Levitated to new heights!
I read the whole thread before I posted green

What I am wondering is how the timer is not accurate?
Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Exclamation My opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMelissa View Post
I read the whole thread before I posted green

What I am wondering is how the timer is not accurate?
In some of the games the timer shows 8 seconds for a game that takes at least a minute to win. Other times it shows 25-30 minutes for a game that takes a minute to play. I have seen wild swings in the times so my opinion is that they are unreliable. Your experience may vary and I don't dispute any opinion you may have on the subject. I have just played long enough to have seen too many funny things happen here to trust the timers anymore.

Last edited by TooHip; 10-25-2007 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase

Please excuse the double post...

Here is a fine example of how the timer is messed up. The game scores you are looking at are from DTunnel. They are the current scores so you can verify what I am saying. Just to explain to everyone not familiar with this game, you have a ship that you need to navigate through a tunnel without crashing into the walls. You score points for getting farther into the tunnel. You go at a constant speed and there are no bonus' available. That is why this game is a great example, the time and the score are directly proportional. The farther you go, the longer it should take and the higher your score. Notice the scores and the times played are a mismatch. How is it possible for two players to have close scores but such different times? Lucky33325 and ronosamiam have almost the same score but the time it took to get their scores varies greatly. AlexKZ and poloshia have fairly close scores on the same day but their times vary greatly also. I stick to my opinion that the timers are unreliable as a measure of proficiency.

Last edited by Mr.GreenGene; 01-02-2008 at 12:10 AM..
Old 10-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 9

My Mood: Bahahaha
king lurker is as Frosty as a Snowman
I have a better score but it eliminated me? any thing that you can do?

http://www.vmkforums.com/forums/arca...urney&tid=2091
Old 10-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Finally Back
Awards Showcase

My Mood: Happy
PirateInferno is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Ok, Mr.GreenGene this is very interesting. I remember when it said 9 seconds for RustyCopperPenny to beat Bunny grab. That just doesn't make sense, you are right.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Registered+

tiggersfolley is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've noticed that the time updates everytime you play. So lucky33325 probably played dtunnel again but lost at the 20 second mark.