Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > VMK Gaming Archived Forums > Collector Items

Collector Items Information about the special items found in VMK, the pins, badges, clothes, furniture, etc. Formerly Items, Badges, Spells, Pins, Furniture, Clothes, etc. forum

Old The Hannah Montana and Twitches Too pins are nice, but...

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:04 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
The Hannah Montana and Twitches Too pins are nice, but...

...The Aristocats and Snow Buddies come out on DVD this week. Think we'll see anything related to those on VMK?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:06 AM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I don't think so. Hannah Montana and Twitches Too were advertised in sci-fi dine in. I doubt we will, but there is still a small chance.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Guest Room Interior.

My Mood: VMK
virtualmagicguy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I want Aristocats pin to come out =)
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
The DVDs are out today.... No sign of a VMK tie-in. Seems to me Snow Buddies and The Aristocats would need more cross-promotional help than something as huge as Hannah Montana, but what do I know.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

slinkyman is floating through Inner Space
I think they did Twitches and Hannah Montana because they really focus on "tweens".
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyman View Post
I think they did Twitches and Hannah Montana because they really focus on "tweens".
Are kids today not into cute puppies and jazzy cats? To what has this world come?!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Caption Contest Participant Joy To The World 

My Mood: Annoyed
Stemaboat_Tyler is as Frosty as a Snowman
Maybe not a quest, but I think there should just be a pin.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoteny View Post
Are kids today not into cute puppies and jazzy cats? To what has this world come?!
Only if by "cute puppies" you mean the likes of Zac Efron and if by "jazzy cats" you mean the likes of Miley Cyrus. And if that is what you mean, I'm disappointed and terrified.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Amuzed
spacerightsummer is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I got the pins mostly for trade value, the 'tweens' love them. I might be able to get some good trades with them.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
VMK 4 ever
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

gabyta is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraspingClaw View Post
Only if by "cute puppies" you mean the likes of Zac Efron and if by "jazzy cats" you mean the likes of Miley Cyrus. And if that is what you mean, I'm disappointed and terrified.
sadly this true
Old 02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Year of a Million Dreams
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

My Mood: Wishful
TheDisneyFan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyta View Post
sadly this true
Sadly? Is it really that bad when people like Miley Cyrus? I like her, to me she's really inspiring and funny.

Although, everyone has opinions. Maybe something for Snow Buddies and Aristocats will come out.

~Disney
Old 02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered+

NikkiPixx is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I want to finish the twitches quest so badly! But every time I get to the bat magic part, I use the bat magic, and then it immediately says I failed and takes me back a few questions! Why does it work 4 everyone but me?! I am so mad at it bc I really want to do it but it won't work!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiPixx View Post
I want to finish the twitches quest so badly! But every time I get to the bat magic part, I use the bat magic, and then it immediately says I failed and takes me back a few questions! Why does it work 4 everyone but me?! I am so mad at it bc I really want to do it but it won't work!!!!!!
I'm guessing you're running out of time. Be ready to turn into a bat before you start the quest, so that you won't have to waste time setting it up.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
i'm not that girl..

ElphabaTheWitch is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyFan View Post
Sadly? Is it really that bad when people like Miley Cyrus? I like her, to me she's really inspiring and funny.

Although, everyone has opinions. Maybe something for Snow Buddies and Aristocats will come out.

~Disney
i completely agree with neoteny. what happened to kids watching cartoons and whatnot? sure, miley is a cute kid, but when did every *kid* show out there turn into a soap opera? sure they had them back then too, but the main focus has totally changed over the years. i remember coming home from school and watching duck tails, along with any other cartoon that was on. aka CARTOONS. there is way too much emphasis on *relationships* at such a young ago, its frightening now. godness, vmk is a prime example too. half the kids who play are probably under 10, yet looking for a boy or girl. no one seems to know how to relax and have fun and be a kid. did no one tell them that life isn't all about dating and boys/girls, especially at such a young age? it IS sad. very sad. sad to the point it scares me if i were to ever have a child, what it will have to go through and how fast it will be forced to grow up.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Disneyland Jr. Reporter™
Awards Showcase
Super Spooky Scribe Award Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: QuiteMad
GraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with ConfettiGraspingClaw is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElphabaTheWitch View Post
i completely agree with neoteny. what happened to kids watching cartoons and whatnot? sure, miley is a cute kid, but when did every *kid* show out there turn into a soap opera? sure they had them back then too, but the main focus has totally changed over the years. i remember coming home from school and watching duck tails, along with any other cartoon that was on. aka CARTOONS. there is way too much emphasis on *relationships* at such a young ago, its frightening now. godness, vmk is a prime example too. half the kids who play are probably under 10, yet looking for a boy or girl. no one seems to know how to relax and have fun and be a kid. did no one tell them that life isn't all about dating and boys/girls, especially at such a young age? it IS sad. very sad. sad to the point it scares me if i were to ever have a child, what it will have to go through and how fast it will be forced to grow up.
I would completely agree with you, but does that mean I have to completely agree with Neoteny? Because I try to avoid that whenever possible. In any case, you make a good point. When I was the age of a lot of these kids who are watching these tween soaps, it was all about the Disney Afternoon for me. I'm right with you on DuckTales; it was the perfect way to unwind from a long day of long division. As the big brother of a soon-to-be 9 year old sister, I can see what kind of world she is exposed to at school and the kind of entertainment that is geared towards her, and it can be worrisome. I still think she's doing a great job being a kid, but once in a while it does seem like she might be growing up too fast.

I find it unfortunate that the Disney Channel today is a radically different and nearly unrecognizable landscape compared to the one I grew up with. What happened to the classic cartoons, the old Disney movies, the Disneyland shows with your host, Walt Disney? That's where I developed my love for all things Disney, as well as a sense of creativity and imagination. It seems to me that these days, it's all about flash and glamor and the dramatic life of teen pop stars. Kinda makes me sick, to be honest with you. I wouldn't blame them for making room in their programming schedule for some of that stuff, but the way they're almost solely focusing on one specific group of kids, shows me that they're far more interested in marketing than quality Disney entertainment that can appeal to all generations. I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise anymore, but it still bums me out.