Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Magic Kingdoms Archive

Magic Kingdoms Archive Archive forum for Magic Kingdoms

Old The Complete 'I'm Going to WDW' Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-08-2006, 09:11 PM
princessMegy

i stayed at floridian i tink.. it had a water slide at the pool!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:36 PM
The TRUE Cheese Lover

FantasyBlueBoy ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
You knowso much.. Its like if WAlt Disney Had a son you would know as much as him.. Did he have a son idk.. if he did..
Old 01-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around

There are many modes of transportation within the Walt Disney World Resort, including Bus, Boat and Monorail. A rundown of transportation within the resort:

Most areas of the Walt Disney World Resort are accessible by bus from other areas within the Resort, including Theme Parks, Water Parks, the Disney Resorts and the Downtown Disney area. Buses travel on routes throughout the Resort and do not provide direct service between all destinations.
Magic Kingdom Park is not accessible by bus from Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Polynesian Resort. These Resorts provide monorail transportation to the park.

By Boat:

The Magic Kingdom Park is accessible by water launch from Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Polynesian Resort, Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Disney ferryboats connect the Magic Kingdom Park to the Transportation and Ticket Center (adjacent to Magic Kingdom parking).

Epcot and Disney-MGM Studios are accessible by boat from Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas Resort, Disney's Yacht Club and Disney's Beach Club Resorts and the Walt Disney World Swan and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotels.

Downtown Disney is accessible by ferryboat from Disney's Port Orleans Resort and Disney's Old Key West Resort.

By Monorail:

Disney's monorail runs between the Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Polynesian Resort and the Transportation and Ticket Center (adjacent to the Magic Kingdom parking lot). A connecting monorail takes Guests from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot.

If you do not know which Walt Disney World Resort Area you're Resort Hotel is located, here is the list of all Resort Hotels and their locations:

Magic Kingdom Area:
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Polynesian Resort
  • Disney's Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground-Cabins
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground-Campsite
  • The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Epcot Area:
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney's BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Villas
  • Disney's BoardWalk Villas
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Animal Kingdom Area:
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney's All Star Movies Resort
  • Disney's All Star Music Resort
  • Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Downtown Disney area:
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside
  • Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Wide World of Sports Area:
  • Disney's Pop Century Resort

Last edited by Oranges; 07-26-2006 at 03:21 PM..
Old 01-08-2006, 09:42 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Disney's Magical Express
Start your vacation the moment you land at Orlando International Airport by taking Disney's Magical Express!

Disney's Magical Express Benefits:
  • Bypass baggage claim when you arrive and board a deluxe air-conditioned motor coach to Walt Disney World® Resort. You won't even have to think about your bags, which will "magically" be delivered to your room.

• Save on transportation costs, tolls and more - the service is complimentary.

• When your vacation is over, you and your bags will be transported from your Walt Disney World Resort back to the Orlando International Airport.
In order to take advantage of Disney's Magical Express, prior reservations must be made before your flight. Contact your Resort front desk to make further arrangements.

If you're departing Walt Disney World Resort on domestic flights with American Airlines, Continental, Delta Air Lines/Song, JetBlue, Northwest Airlines, or United/Ted, you can receive your return airline boarding passes and check luggage at your Resort, bypassing airport check-in, by taking advantage of our Resort Airline Check-in service.

It does not matter what airline you fly through to use Disney's Magic Express, but you must be on American Airlines, Continental, Delta Air Lines/Song, JetBlue, Northwest Airlines, or United/Ted to utilize the Resort Airline Check-in service.

Upon arriving at the Orlando Internation Airport, those using Disney's Magic Express must check in at the Disney Welcome Center. The Disney Welcome Center is in the Main Terminal Building of Orlando International Airport on the A side on Level 1. The hours are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., but they will be happy to extend those hours if you have booked Disney's Magical Express Service before your flight and it is scheduled to arrive after 11:00 p.m.

The approximate travel time from the Orlando International Airport is 45-75 minutes. The motor coaches may make up to three (3) stops before arriving at your Resort hotel.

If you have to change your flight information before arriving at the Walt Disney World Resort, you may call the same number used to make your room reservation. While at your Resort hotel, contact your Resort hotel Front Desk for assistance.

If you did not receive your Disney's Magical Express information packet, including vouchers and luggage tags prior to leaving your home, get on your flight like normal. Once you arrive at Orlando International Airport, please proceed directly to the Disney Welcome Center (A side, Level 1). You do not need to claim your luggage. Disney will obtain your information, collect your luggage and deliver it to your room at your Resort hotel. At the Disney Welcome Center, you will be asked for your airline baggage claim checks and a brief description of your luggage. You will also be asked to confirm your return flight information if you are using Disney's Magical Express Service for transportation back to Orlando International Airport at the end of your stay.

It may take up to three (3) hours after you check in to your Resort hotel for your luggage to be delivered to your room. You do not need to be in your room to receive your luggage. Please pack any valuables, medications or anything you need immediately upon your arrival in Orlando in a carry-on bag.

You must check in at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk located in the lobby of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels up to 12 hours prior to your flight departure time (but no less than three hours prior) during operating hours. A valid government issued photo ID and Key to the World Card (your hotel room key) are required to participate.

*Disney's Magical Express Service is available to Walt Disney World Resort Guests arriving at Orlando International Airport, with exception to those Guests staying at Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Hilton Head Resort. This service is also not offered for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels, Shades of Green, and the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels.

Last edited by Oranges; 07-26-2006 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Refurbishing
Old 01-08-2006, 09:52 PM
I visit rarely.

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Lurking
ChrisR has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
EPCOT

Here at the Environmentally Planned Community Of Tomorrow (EPCOT), guests get a taste of the future, a taste of other planets, and a taste of other countries.

Must-Do Attractions

Mission: SPACE-This ultimate interactive thrill-packed adventure is as close as you can get to blasting off into space without leaving Earth. Each member of your astronaut team has a challenging role in a dynamic and daring cosmic mission dodging meteors and navigating nebula. Feel the force of lift-off and have an exhilarating, mystical rendezvous on another planet. It's out of this world!
Intensity Factor: 9.5

Test Track-Enter the hair-raising world of auto testing on one of the longest, fastest rides in Disney history! Strap yourself in to race up bumpy terrain, roar through hair-pin turns, speed into freezing cold chambers, and rush on to 50-degree banked curves at 60 miles an hour.
Intensity Factor: 5

Soarin'-Take a free-flying adventure across the natural wonders of the Golden State aboard this thrilling Disney's California Adventure™ park attraction. With the wind in your hair, glide 40 feet in the air as you look down upon the breathtaking vistas of Yosemite and redwood forests. Soar as high as your imagination over a world of wonders.
Intensity Factor: 1 (Not a thrilling ride, more relaxing than anything)

The World Showcase-Go around the world in less than 80 days! How about 8 minutes? Some of the most fascinating countries can be explored in replica style format. The showcase is also a great place for food.

Recommended Shopping Locations

Mouse Gear-Futuristic souvenirs, from keychains to t-shirts, mugs to bowls, anything futuristic you can think of.

Note: Almost every attraction has its own gift shop, so be sure to check there for ride-related souvenirs.

Recommended Places To Eat

Cantina del Angel-burritos, nachos, churros, sodas, enchiladas

Chefs de France-French cuisine, bread, es cargo

Biergarten-German cuisine, kraut, braten, grut

Recommended Firework Locations

-IllumiNations: Reflections Of Earth has great viewing areas all around the World Showcase, but the best area would be directly in front of the International Gateway, in between the two gift shops.
i would like to add another place to eat, Alfredos in italy. it has fettuchini lafredo (Thy original one) and others.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Registered+

pinksparkles is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really dont agree with some of the restaruants you recommended. I have been going to Disney World since i was 3 years old and weren't a big fan of some of the restaruants that u recommended. Me being in a family of five some of the restaurants do get pricie. My younger brother is 7 years old and he counted as a child so it does get very pricie at Disney when you are in a family of five and the youngest in 7. The best restaurant that i went to (December 17-27) was Liberty Tree Tavern for Christmas Dinner. All i can say is EXCELLENT! All the character meals are delicious and the characters are great.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
<- My Mii

alecledesma ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Talking

You should keep an updated guide about all the quests you can do there!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Registered+

For another downtown disney restaurant i would very much recommend Earl of Sandwhich. I got that pizza sub it was delicious.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksparkles
I really dont agree with some of the restaruants you recommended. I have been going to Disney World since i was 3 years old and weren't a big fan of some of the restaruants that u recommended. Me being in a family of five some of the restaurants do get pricie. My younger brother is 7 years old and he counted as a child so it does get very pricie at Disney when you are in a family of five and the youngest in 7. The best restaurant that i went to (December 17-27) was Liberty Tree Tavern for Christmas Dinner. All i can say is EXCELLENT! All the character meals are delicious and the characters are great.
Well then you can make a guide with YOUR opinions, but these are my opinions and some of the opinions of others. What you think is nasty probably is delicious to others, so it's all based on what you like or don't. The restaurants that I listed will remain in their position.

And yes, some of the restaraunts are pricy, but we don't know how much money some families are willing to spend.

Also I will be more than happy to add your restaraunt suggestion to my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecledesma
You should keep an updated guide about all the quests you can do there!
Thank you for your suggestion. I think I will make one out of the space I saved. I will be sure to give you credit for the idea.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:28 PM
Registered+

if you are saying that everyone has different families then why are you labeling the restaurants as pricy or none pricy. Dont talk to me like that! I will not tolerate it
Old 01-08-2006, 11:30 PM
Registered+

if you are saying that everyone has different families then why are you labeling the restaurants as pricy or none pricy. Dont talk to me like that! I will not tolerate it.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:35 PM
Banned

I was not being rude, nor was I insulting you in any way. The reason I labeled the restaurants was to give members an idea of how much the restaraunts would cost. If the person thought it was a little too expensive, they could visit one that was less costly or get counter service.

Each family is different in the sense of how much they want to pay for a meal. If they really wanted a nice dinner, then they should probably look into the $$ and $$$ restaurants.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Registered+

I would also recommend Crystal Palace at The Magic Kingdom. Crystal Palace is a Character meal serving B, L, D, it does require reservations. If you dont make reservations all i have to say is Good luck getting a table. The Charcters are Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eyore.

Another restaraunt you didn't mention was 50's prime time. Excellent food. Only serves lunch and dinner. Does require reservations again.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

Thank you very much for your suggestions and I will be sure to add them. Do you have a price range for those restaraunts?
Old 01-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh Buggah...

SoarinSoarin is floating through Inner Space
Yes I do. I have a book that cann tell you all of the ranges. Let me go get it and I will pm you all of the details.

SS~