Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Arts, Creativity, Sigs, & Avatars > Paint By Numbers

Paint By Numbers Post your tutorial and how-to guides here for the art community!

Old Uploading Images Into the VMK Gallery (basics)

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Dizzy
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Happy Valentine's 
Total Awards: 4

Dizzy is covered with ConfettiDizzy is covered with ConfettiDizzy is covered with Confetti
Uploading Images Into the VMK Gallery (basics)

Special thanks to The Dogfather, a member of Toontowncentral.com, who made this pictorial guide to using our Gallery! I accept no credit for this guide whatsoever, I am merely copying it over here for the VMK members. Pictures shown are from Toontowncentral.com but the layout should be the same for VMK.

Uploading Images Into the Gallery (The Basics)
1. Click on the "Gallery Button" up top on the user bar
2. You have the option of uploading images straight into your main gallery (See Uploading Images below) or you can create a new album.
Note: Creating a new album helps with organizing where your images are stored.
Creating a New Album
1. Click on the “My Albums” link on the right
2. Click on “Create a new album” link on the left.
3. A new window will appear and you have the option of naming the album whatever you want and have the option of making the album private
4. Click on the "Create an album" button
5. Your album should now be visible under the albums category
Uploading Images
1. Click on the “Upload Photos” link on the right
2. Click on the Browse button and find your image on your computer
3. After finding your image you can have the image upload into the main gallery (Default) or any of your previously created albums by clicking on the selection bar and selecting your album.
4. Click on the "Upload/Submit" Button
Note: Only one image can be uploaded at a time
5. After submission, your image will have to be reviewed and accepted by a moderator before you can link to your image.
Posting Your Image(s) to a Thread
1. To post an image to a thread you must first go to where you initially uploaded the image, whether in an album or the main gallery
2. Click on the thumbnail of the image you would like to post and you will see a larger version of your image.
3. Depending on the physical size of the image, the first click takes you to a "medium" version of your image
4. You can post this version if you would like, but the size is smaller
5. Click on the image again and the actual image of original size will come up (only for large images)
6. Under your image you will see the "Additional Info" box under your photo
7. Click on "Copy to Clipboard" button. This will copy the "Direct Link" to your photo.
8. Proceed to the area you would like to post your photo and use the following command: [IMG]"Paste the link to your photo here"[/IMG]
Deleting Images
1. To delete an image you must first go to where you initially uploaded the image, whether in an album or the main gallery
2. Click on the thumbnail of the image you would like to delete and you will see a larger version of your image.
3. Under your image you will see the "Additional Info" box under your photo
4. Click on the "Edit Photo" link
5. The Toontown Central Gallery Image Editor Window will come up
6. Place a check inside of the deletion box
7. Careful: Images are not able to be recovered after the next step
8. Click on the "Submit Changes" button
Checking Stats and Comments
1. Click on the "Profile" link on the right
2. The member profile window will come up
3. To view your statistics, click on the "Statistics" link
4. To view your comments, click on the "Comments" link
The Dogfather
Old 11-17-2007, 10:14 PM
♥qɐɟ ǝɹɐ sʇop ɐʞ1od ʞuıd♥
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Super Sleuth Award Graphics Trio Participant Award 
Total Awards: 11

My Mood: Pretty
FabTab is Buried in TreasureFabTab is Buried in Treasure
Wow! Thanks for posting this! I was wondering how to.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Thanks for posting this! I myself, can do this, but for all the other people that don't, it's a great guide!
Old 11-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Gone
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 12

Fairy has disabled reputation
Thx for posting Dizzy
Old 11-18-2007, 06:05 AM
TR2N Are You Ready?
Awards Showcase
2010 Holiday Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Halloween '09 Award Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Destination has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Thanks for posting
Old 11-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Retired Pirate

desertratt is spinning in a Cursed Storm
thanks for this info Dizzy
Old 12-29-2007, 03:49 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
When I try to upload my image i did in paint, i keep getting a message saying it was not in an acceptable format.

EDIT: I figured out it was a non-allowable image type. Mine is wps. How do I make it an acceptable image type? Somebody plz help me with this.

Last edited by GoodPolarGirl; 12-29-2007 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Another question
Old 12-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Gotta go...
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: VMKFy
TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!TooHip has Levitated to new heights!
Try using "Save as" when you save the file and look for a box that says something like "Save as type:" where you can choose the proper format. Our gallery allows jpg, jpeg, png, or gif.

Good luck!
Old 12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
OK, I figured out how to change the type. But, I don't have any of those types. Although, I have seen other people post things they did in paint so I know there must be something that works.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Peace Love The Beatles

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sleepyy
Starz is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i was wondering how u would take a screenshot? lol i still don't know how to do that

Thanks to taylorswiftfan13 for avatar!
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Patriot 2010 Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Halloween '09 Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award 
Total Awards: 11

Born In Park
My Mood: Baffled
awsomered is spinning in a Cursed Storm
thanks dizzy!
Starz there should be a printscreen button on your key board open any software like paint or any photo program them paste it.