Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Magic Kingdoms > Walt Disney World

Walt Disney World I went to Florida and all I got was this stupid T-shirt with a mouse on it...

Old Fantasyland is Expanding

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 AM
VMK's gone, get over it..
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 
Total Awards: 12

My Mood: Fluffy
StitchMayhem is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Well, The Little Mermaid ride has been rumored for a long time.

Before we even heard about this.

They even had a simulation of the ride on a Little Mermaid DVD that got released about 3 or 4 years ago.

Plus, Dumbo isn't having an interactive game area, it's actually the line, instead of standing around waiting, they are letting people have fun while waiting. It's like with dinner reservations, you don't stand in line waiting to get to your seat. There are chairs in the lobby you can relax on, howevre with this one instead of just plain seats they have interactive games you can play.

They are also adding a wall to the castle that seperates the Carousel area apart from the Princess attractions.

Toontown being destroyed isn't really very big of a deal for me, the fact that Disneyland has a V.I.P. quality Toontown when Disney World gets the scraps is beyond me. But if they demolished the Toontown in Disney World if it had the awesome quality the Toontown in Disneyland has, then I would be in shock.

The Gaston Tavern is just a snack resturant just like the Pinnochio resturant next to It's A Small World. However, the Beast Castle resturant is obviously a reservation resturant. They are also moving the little kid Belle show in that garden area next to Cosmic Ray's to Belle's Castle.

I also think the waste-of-space Winnie the Pooh playground is staying even with all of this new stuff being added.

The Pixie Hollow thing is just garbage, They should stop milking out the fairy nonsense and give something for the boys to do, Disney's current boy market is horrible. Maybe it will improve when Toy Story 3 comes out.

The Sleeping Beauty area looks cute, you get to help make birthday cards for her since she missed her 16th birthday, because you know, she didn't get to celebrate it, she was sleeping.

I have also yet to see anything special with the Cinderella area.

Well, I forgot what I was trying to prove, but if any of you can figure it out, GOOD FOR YOU!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:44 AM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
hmm... not so sure about the boys marceting thing, I think you redder to MK, but what about AK, MGM, EPCOT, California Adventure, those aren't for little girls in costumes at all. The tree is just probably a bridge that you go through and see little toys jumping out and painting in the wall.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Guess the Picture Participation Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Spooky Scribe Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

Uh, I had no idea what the last part of that paragraph was, but I agree with the rest.

Kinda......

Star Tours is clsoing for a while, so that's a piece of the boy market gone.....
But on the good side, Camp Minnie Mickey is gone, so you know what that means, There is a good chance they will open that long awaited land that Disney had planned out before Animal Kingdom opened, BEASTLY KINGDOM!!!

Beastly Kingdom is one of the biggest Disney World Mysterys of all time.

It was one of the things they wanted to add in to Animal Kingdom before it opened, but they never opened it.

There are signs that they were opening it for a while, The Animal Kingdom logo has animals infront of the tree of life, one of those animals is a dragon.

Disney also had a poll on which land they thought guest would like more, they ask guests if they would like a Mythical Creature themed land, or a Dinosaur land. Beastly Kingdom ended up winning the poll, but there are a few reasons they did open it.

1: Money, they didn't have much of it.
2: THE STUPID DINOSAUR MOVIE THAT IS'NT EVEN TALKED ABOUT ANY MORE!!!!

They opened Dinoland U.S.A. instead of Beastly Kingdom because of that ONE STUPID MOVIE!!!! THEY WANTED TO PROMOTE IT!!!! Dinosaur wasn't even that good of a movie, and it isn't even talked about anymore. They opened Dinoland and threw away Beastly Kingdom because of Money, and more importantly, Dinosaur.

Beastly Kingdom was going to go where Camp Minnie Mickey was.

But Camp Minnie Mickey is gone, so maybe it will open.

I also have a few facts and rumors about Beastly Kingdom and Dinoland U.S.A.

1: Dueling Dragons *Now a ride at Islands of Adventure* was originally supposed to go into Beastly Kingdom, But I don't know how it got to Islands of Adventure.

2: The Giant Dinosaur "Statue" infront of the Dinosaur ride in Animal Kingdom is thought to be a broken animatronic dinosaur that was originally used in The Discovery River Boats *a ride that got removed a few years after Animal Kingdom opened* The animatronic dinosaur was added to the ride when Dinoland U.S.A. opened. The thing never worked. The ride Dinosaur was originally named Countdown To Extinction. It was then changed to Dinosaur and then a dinosaur "Statue" that looks just like the animatronic one was added infront of the ride. That could possibly be a sign that they just reused the $200,000 Dinosaur as a statue.

I also made a joke about the "Statue" to my friends at Disney World saying "Do you think this thing will move if I sneeze on it?" It was just a joke however, commenting that it might start working if I gave it a jump start *apperently, I though of sneezing for some reason* I never sneezed on it, but it was pretty funny.

Again, got sidetracked with the main subject....

I have a habbit of rambling.

But yeah, the Boy Market still needs work.

Last edited by StitchMayhem; 10-06-2009 at 04:38 AM..
Old 10-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Registered+

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Exasperated
canogon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
oh sorry, I meant about the Tinker Bell Tree, that would probably be a waiste.
Beastly Kingdom... sounds cool, those are good rummors, why doesn't disney tell everyone that kind of stuff, I mean they wont lose or get more ppl either way, and ppl like to hear things like that.
Haha I hate that dinasour movie, it just isn't for little kids bc: "AH DINASOUR GOING TO EAT MONKEY, AH BLOOD, AH!!!!! " and it isn't for teens bc: "booooooring" and adults: "-_- I hate cartoons" so yeah, that was one of disney's movies that was bad.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Awards Showcase

Well, both Dueling Dragons coaster would have been Disney's first and only Suspended Coasters. But for some reason it got moved to a rival company.

I think they sold the idea to Universal.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:06 AM
The Disney Otaku
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Which Disney Character Participant's Award Spooky Scribe Award Design a Pin Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Asleep
SoraStarChan is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Can't wait to see the new Fantasyland!!! First thing I'm goin' to is Gaston's Cavern!

Signature by Skrik
Old 10-20-2009, 07:26 PM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
Boys will be getting an entire Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure. Not that it'll be just for boys, of course: My little girls love Lightning McQueen and Mater!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Awards Showcase

What about Disney World?

Not all people on this planet live close to Disneyland.

Disney World is the closest to me.

But they are adding Pixar stuff in MGM Studios *i'm not calling it by it's current name anymore.....* But with a price, they are taking out the famous Backlot Tour because of it, but the Backlot tour has been lacking a lot lately, so it's not a very big disappointment, but it's still sad to see one of MGM Studios last few original attractions go down.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 AM
!Moar!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Guess the Picture Winner's Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 6

iRaccoon is spinning in a Cursed Storm
well They sold most of their ideas to Universal Studios. They stole Oswald The Lucky Rabbit from Walt Disney and Universal didn't even USE Oswald! What a waste of Walt's mind!
Old 10-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Awards Showcase

Dueling Dragons is also a fine example of Universal stealing Disney's ideas.

It was going to be the big attraction when Beastly Kingdom opened.

But, Disney can't do that any more, and more importantly, Beastly Kingdom hasn't even been made yet.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Red Flips Rule!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Epitaph Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 39

VIP
My Mood: RedFlips
StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!StitchMad has Levitated to new heights!
I'm curios as to where you are getting some of this info Stitch, or is it just random rumours and speculation?

Did Universal steal Dueling Dragons? Did they buy it? Why would they sell it? Where has this been publicised?

Animal Kingdom is a rather unfinished park in my opinion, so I'm pretty glad they added one of the best rides in WDW (Dinosaur) in there. Whether or not the whole area was built for that one ride, Disney is a company and in order to draw people into the park they need a good ride - and it's very effective.

Then again.. this should be a thread about Fantasyland. Now spill the beans on the all-knowing source of information!
Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
The expansion includes two new dining spots -- Gaston's Tavern and the 552-seat Beast's Castle.

I am very excited about this. I have always been thinking that they should have a Beauty and the Best themed restaurant. I mean, imagine all of the possibilities!!! It'd be so cool if they had, like, an audio animatronic Lumiere. (Not trying to start a rumor, just an idea.)
Old 10-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Be cool by being yourself
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Winners Award Trivia Winner 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Cool
ccooldudecool is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I'm glad that there's an expansion, at the same time...
I'm going to miss TT, while it wasn't my favorite part I still spent a large amount of time in the park. I have a lot of good, and bad memories there. This is good news, yet depressing. :/
TT was a "mix" for both genders, while this new "faerie" area seems like a girl/female "mix"
Old 10-24-2009, 02:41 AM
A-wocka-wocka!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Hopeful
Neoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with ConfettiNeoteny is covered with Confetti
If they're going to add a new theme restaurant, Ratatouille seems the obvious choice, as it's a movie about a restaurant.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
I am quite unsure about Disney's newest plans. First of all, Magic Kingdom is the most popular park at WDW. If they make this massive of a change to the main icon of WDW and it's a big flop.....Well it should be interesting. As for the Beast's castle, it doesn't seem like it will do well. If you walk down WDW or DLR and ask little girls if they would want to eat at Cinderella's castle or Beast's castle, most of them would answer Cinderella's castle. Beast is considered more of a.....scarier character. I can't see him being very popular with little girls