Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old CARS, did you see it?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:34 AM
bigthunderpsycopath

matterhornmaniac is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i don't understand why people complain that it wasn't funny. it just shows that pixar is capable of being more than a one trick pony. unfortunately you can't really say that for dreamworks, whose movies all generally have the same feel. hopefully dreamworks will get out of that, but i doubt it. they seem to be very formulaic. that comes from katzenberg
Old 06-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Zero

PirateMario is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by matterhornmaniac
i don't understand why people complain that it wasn't funny. it just shows that pixar is capable of being more than a one trick pony. unfortunately you can't really say that for dreamworks, whose movies all generally have the same feel. hopefully dreamworks will get out of that, but i doubt it. they seem to be very formulaic. that comes from katzenberg
Yeah thats true! Any pixar movie is better than Dreamworks. Dream works has the rudeness and junk. Its not even funny. I hope they ever get out of that.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Banned

DizVMK is Buried in TreasureDizVMK is Buried in Treasure
I'm Tow Mater Without The Tow!! And then like " Tractor Tipping! "
Old 06-11-2006, 09:57 AM
my dream is to be a CL_

Born In Park Here Since Day 1
callump01 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I HAVE the room lol

come and drop by if you want
Old 06-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

FinnDisney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
" 'Dat's Frank. "

lololol

i haven't seen it yet but im seeing it in WDW in a week. pretty sweet.

Critics say its better than incredibles and bugs life, but not as good as monsters and nemo.

and that its larry the cable guy's movie.

but i don't listen to critics much anyway unless they say good stuff
Old 06-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm GoldenRose in VMK!

Hayleepants_94 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I saw it is was awesome and amazing my favorite part was the little volkswagon bugs. and of course mater.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

FinnDisney is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i got the entire collection of mattel toys yay me.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Left VMKF

CurlySlim is Buried in TreasureCurlySlim is Buried in TreasureCurlySlim is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
I saw it yesterday . It was amazing. The detail, the voices, the story, the humor - everything was amazing. It was waaay better than Chicken Little (which I thought was stupid). It was GREAT! You should definitely go see it sometime soon.
HEY!! chicken little was cute! The only stupid disney movies are Narnia and the sports movies! Anyway, I'm gonna see cars tonight so I'll tell you what I thought of it when I get back.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:03 PM
Genieofdalamp

devilbaby1214 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i enjoyed narnia any way i loved the movie cars and the short in the beginning i definately want to see cars again only with my mom ( i went with my friends), at first when i saw an ad for cars and i wasn't really interested. the only disney movie i didn't like was glory road ( i was close to being in it)

Last edited by devilbaby1214; 06-15-2006 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-11-2006, 09:20 PM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Box Office results are in... "Cars" only made around 62 million dollars...

Now that's good, but it's not great... Pixar movies like "Finding Nemo, The Incredibles," and even Fox's "Ice Age: The Meltdown" made larger gains in its first weekend in the box office...

Reviews weren't as good as other Pixar movies, and I think the hype wasn't as large either... "Cars" will still probably be a summer blockbuster and a financial success, but I think it will overall be somewhat of a disappointment and an underperformer for Pixar...

I didn't get to see "Cars" this weekend, but I'm hoping to get to see it next weekend...

There's something about this movie that doesn't really interest me, and I think a lot of other people agree with me...
Old 06-11-2006, 09:24 PM
R.I.P. VMK

Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
F0REVERL0ST is Buried in TreasureF0REVERL0ST is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middiebear
Box Office results are in... "Cars" only made around 62 million dollars...

Now that's good, but it's not great... Pixar movies like "Finding Nemo, The Incredibles," and even Fox's "Ice Age: The Meltdown" made larger gains in its first weekend in the box office...

Reviews weren't as good as other Pixar movies, and I think the hype wasn't as large either... "Cars" will still probably be a summer blockbuster and a financial success, but I think it will overall be somewhat of a disappointment and an underperformer for Pixar...

I didn't get to see "Cars" this weekend, but I'm hopping to get to see it next weekend...

There's something about this movie that doesn't really interest me, and I think a lot of other people agree with me...
Trust me. You won't regret seeing it.

Absolutely amazing. I would go see it again any day. So much witt and detail that I'm sure I would pick up something new by seeing it again.

I have seen all the Pixar movies and this is one of the best. Not an underperformer at all.

Don't listen to the critics.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Biggest Pixar Fan

TheIncredible is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Here's my review that I posted on sites like Amazon.com, Yahoo.com, IMDB.com.

The Bottom Line: Go see CARS!!! Pixar gathered all of the best parts of any its films and jammed them into one great film with the best animation, memorable characters, non-stop action, and heart that defines Pixar films. Go see CARS!!!

I will admit it. I think I am THE world's greatest Pixar fan. I grew up with Pixar. Pixar fostered my early childhood all the way to my teenage years. I know everything about Pixar. Some would even call me obsessed. From each short, to the inside jokes, and to all of the great characters; I've memorized all the best one liners to all of Pixar's films. I've watched each one of the films a million times. I am the best!

Which is exactly what Lightning McQueen, the racecar who thinks he's all that, thinks. After he races in the huge Piston Cup race, but ends up in a three-way tie, Lightning McQueen believes that he will win that Piston Cup. But like all great films, he confronts a problem, getting lost in the town of Radiator Springs and slowly realizing that the Piston Cup is only "an empty cup."

It is at Radiator Springs where Lightning learns the importance that it's not about the prize at the end, but the journey that one takes to get to the prize. Cars is a movie about how Route 66 was almost forgotten by the construction of the interstate. It's about knowing that judging others is not the best thing. It's about how people can get away from the rush of city life and enjoy the small town life. Best of all, it is a movie that everybody can enjoy.

The audience cried, they cheered, and they laughed for the characters on screen, because they cared for these characters. At two hours long, Cars is the longest Pixar film so far, but that's too short. Because Cars spends about a quarter of the movie developing the characters, some may say that the film almost stops and doesn't get anywhere, until it speeds up again. Lightning must fix the road that he broke. Along the way, he goes tractor tipping with Mater the tow truck, cruising with Sally the porshe, and competing with Doc Hudson the Hudson Hornet. During the "Our Town" sequence, I could feel a tear down my cheek and the Pixar folks tugged at my heartstrings. The finale sequence is probably the best finale sequence that Pixar has ever made. Each character introduced has a purpose in the film, and doesn't exist just as an ensemble.

On top of the excellent story, Cars has the best animation, traditional or computer generated, that Pixar films are known for. The vistas look surprisingly real and detailed, especially on the big screen. The reflections, the lighting, and the shading in the characters make the characters realistically stand out from the background. The filmmakers did an excellent job visually making the viewers believe that these cars are living and breathing, having human-like qualities. Each shot of the film is a piece of art, with so much happening on the screen at one point at a time that one only wonders how Pixar did it.

Since Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc, Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles, Pixar put one instant classic after another, creating and living up to the standard for the future of classic films. And guess what? Pixar has done it again. As a piece of fast-speed and high-quality entertainment, Pixar's Cars is the best fun you'll have all year. You're in for one **** of a ride.

(Here's a little secret for you: Look out for all of the Pixar inside jokes scattered throughout the movie. There's the jackalope from "Boundin'" on a trailer, the birds from "For The Birds" on a telephone pole, the Pizza Planet Truck behind the announcers, and if you stay to the very, very end of the credits, you'll get a surprise from the Pixar folks.)
Old 06-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Emiloo on VMK!!!

swimmingemma49 is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My dad saw it yesterday, thought that it was probably Pixar's worst. Which isn't saying much considering all Pixar films are AMAZING. I'll probably see it, but I'm not REALLY excited about it.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Registered+

AwesomeCrazyLaura is spinning in a Cursed Storm
no i haven't...
i want to though
and i will!