Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney Gossip > Disney Gossip Archive

Disney Gossip Archive Disney Gossip archive

Old Random Questions about Disney! =D

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:45 PM
misses vmk!
Awards Showcase
Golden Years Award Graphics Trio Participant Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 3

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Pixieish
Ali-Rae is as Frosty as a Snowman
Random Questions about Disney! =D

Okay, I haven't been to Disneyworld in a while. I'll never go to DLR because WDW is a LOT closer..
Here's the questions:

1.) Is Expedition Everest in WDW or DL?
2.) Which park is the HSM quest going to be?
3.) ^and when?

I have another question but I'll post it in a moment
Old 05-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Trader

JustOh is as Frosty as a Snowman
1. WDW
2. Both
3. Watch for it on vmk home page
Old 05-29-2006, 04:53 PM
is being awesome! :)

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Disney
wonderfulmapu is spinning in a Cursed Storm
1. WDW
2.Both parks
3.Look on vmk home page
Old 05-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Wheee!

dogsdogs ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
i have a question
is soar'in over claifornia in DCA any different form soar'n in epcot?
Old 05-29-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Air!™

figmentisback is spinning in a Cursed Storm
yes.. there is a huge difference between Soarin' and Soarin' over California...

the over California is edited out of Soarin' at Epcot... thats relly the only difference.. except the glider symulators actually move better at Epcot I hear..

that and where else at WDW can you enjoy DL at christmas time?

(even the glitches where you can see the helicopter are left in.. lol)
Old 05-29-2006, 11:33 PM
princessMegy

ok no! dlr is better for sorin

it was the origional one!

and disneyland was the first park ever

quit copying us wdw!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 PM
On The Air!™

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessMegy
ok no! DLR is better for Soarin’

it was the original one!

quit copying us wdw!
One.. cloning has been used for ages.. in fact.. we want space mountain back.. and the inspiration for big thunder was derived from a WDW project.. and most of DCA was WDW anyway... (Excluding paradise pier and Soarin’.. and the Golden Dreams)

But.. WDW was built.. Walt designed the magic kingdom and designed elements into it that were unique.. and original.. as well as bringing popular stuff over.. when he died the imaginers continues and modified the design to what was MK of 1971.

oh... and clones can be thrilling.. esp when they are improved..

(Ride Soarin' at Epcot if you get a chance.. it's got more movement with the film.. and it has more working effects..)

ok.. don’t with clone talk.. Back to the regularly scheduled thread.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 PM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
ok no! dlr is better for sorin

it was the origional one!

quit copying us wdw!
Copying? Our Magic Kingdom has a lot of stuff Disneyland doesn't have and vice versa. Disney World also has three other parks, two water parks, a Downtown Disney area and a baseball training complex for the Atlanta Braves. We seem pretty original if you ask me.

Actually, I've heard Epcot's Soarin' is a lot better than California Adventure's. I've heard the simulator carriages run smoother.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:58 PM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Quote:
quit copying us wdw!
Ah... You're just jealous that once Walt Disney World opened... Disneyland was forever stuck in Magic Kingdom's park shadow...

BTW: I really hope they switch that clip of Disneyland at the end... and put Magic Kingdom park in its place after the 50th celebration is over... I can barely see the small/little castle in the version they have now...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Banned

Oranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundOranges has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middiebear
Ah... You're just jealous that once Walt Disney World opened... Disneyland was forever stuck in Magic Kingdom's park shadow...

BTW: I really hope they switch that clip of Disneyland at the end... and put Magic Kingdom park in its place after the 50th celebration is over... I can barely see the small/little castle in the version they have now...
Never seen that commercial before. I mean, I've seen "The Happiest Celebration On Earth" being advertised, but I haven't seen one with Sleeping Beauty Castle at the end.

Anyways:

Quote:
I thought Coney Island was the first amusement park ever...

Disneyland very well may be the original, but Disney World's got the more contemporary attraction to it. It's also got more things to do - even though it costs ya more, LOL.

~FO
Old 05-30-2006, 12:05 AM
<-My Walt Disney World

Middiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with ConfettiMiddiebear is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Florida Oranges
Never seen that commercial before. I mean, I've seen "The Happiest Celebration On Earth" being advertised, but I haven't seen one with Sleeping Beauty Castle at the end.

Anyways:

I thought Coney Island was the first amusement park ever...

Disneyland very well may be the original, but Disney World's got the more contemporary attraction to it. It's also got more things to do - even though it costs ya more, LOL.

~FO
Of course Disney only uses Cinderella Castle in all their theme park promotions...

I was talking about the clip at the end of Soarin' at Epcot...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middiebear
Of course Disney only uses Cinderella Castle in all their theme park promotions...

I was talking about the clip at the end of Soarin' at Epcot...
Ha! I feel stupid...LOL

I wonder if Soarin' Over California has a clip of the Magic Kingdom at the end of theirs...hmm...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:17 AM
On The Air!™

I have a good example of how modern management is.. the cloning may end.. the living Seas is getting a Nemo overlay.. and nemo attraction.. while in DL the submarine voyage is getting a nemo overlay...

You have monsters inc at DCA, we might get something at WDW that’s not the same but same theme...

Also.. rumor says by Epcot's 25th a new ride film will be in Soarin'.... besides.. where else in WDW can you enjoy DL at christmas...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:26 AM
<-My Walt Disney World

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentisback
Also.. rumor says by Epcot's 25th a new ride film will be in Soarin'.... besides.. where else in WDW can you enjoy DL at christmas...
I really hope that film comes into fruition...

BTW: I really don't want to enjoy Christmas at Disneyland... I'd much rather enjoy a shot of Christmas being celebrated at Magic Kingdom park... That park is much more beautiful to look at in my opinion...

I really like how that one lead imagineer put it on that Walt Disney World Travel Channel special...

"Disneyland is charming, while Magic Kingdom park is SPECTACULAR!"