Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Disney Fan Club > Disney TV > Test Pattern

Test Pattern Do not adjust your set. This is the Archive forum for the DCFC

Old That's So Raven

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Banned

Mr.Lunatix is floating through Inner Space
That's So Raven

Thats right, its That's so Raven!!

Here is the place to discuss favorite episodes! Dislikes, cast members and of course Raven!

Each episode is broken up into different segments as Raven or other characters deal with situations. Raven is mostly the main focus of the story, and the episodes also focus on whatever visions she experiences. The visions usually involve whatever Raven is thinking about at that point in time, and after they happen, one of several things will happen: the vision will come true regardless of anything, Raven tries to stop it only to make it come true (a paradox), or the outcome is affected in some way.

There is some evidence of "Chuck Cunningham syndrome", such as the disappearance of the crazy spitting Mr. Lawler, who provided comic relief in some early episodes but was removed for unknown reasons. There are characters that appeared at least once as an important role, but never returned. Also, as of season four, Raven's mother Tonya is out of the show, to her quitting (see below).

The pre-recorded "vision" scenes are not shown to the studio audience but to the viewer. The first few seasons used a laugh track, but later used a studio audience for a better reaction.

For the fourth season, Raven became producer of her own show, helping out more for the creative ideas on That's So Raven. In the fourth season, Raven, an aspiring fashion designer, achieves the dream of a lifetime when she begins working for world renowned fashion designer Donna Cabonna (played by Anne-Marie Johnson of JAG and In Living Color fame). Also new for season 4, Raven gets a new room, designed by a makeover show. She shot most of the entire season in 2005 and is wrapping up in 2006. That's So Raven had started its 4th season on President's Day (February 20) with the episode Raven, Sydney, and the Man.

Lets start off with a simple question.

1.) How do you guys like that Raven has a job, and alot of the new episodes feature her at work, and not at home. Or having problems at work Example Boss Sitting? Do you think that there straying away from what really made Raven special is her visions, or do you think its better this way.

Cmon guys lets hear from ya!

Last edited by Mr.Lunatix; 04-18-2006 at 02:58 AM..
Old 04-19-2006, 05:04 PM
WDWCP Hopeful

My Mood: Lurking
levity is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I really don't care, this is one of the best shows on right now, and no matter what happens in it, I always find myself laughing. I want to see more Chelsie though. She is the best character too me, bc she is smart school wise, but has no common sense. I never knew the mom quit, I am dissapointed about that.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Check out my stories!

Shanniegina is as Frosty as a Snowman
That's So Raven is great. I love it! It is all about how she has to deicide what to do with her visions, fix the problems or let it be. She gets into all kind of troubles, which makes me want to see the next episode.

Last edited by Shanniegina; 07-18-2006 at 01:08 PM..
Old 04-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Find The Real

JackeryB is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Its the besy Disney Channel show that Ive watched so far
Old 04-20-2006, 04:40 PM
INSPI(RED)

WorkoutDude has disabled reputation
It is the best Disney Channel Show I've seen so far. It always makes me laugh and there is never a dull moment in any of the episodes. It's a shame that the show is coming to an end.

Anyway, I think it's cool that they are starting to show Raven "growing up" and getting a job. But they don't have to get carried away with it. Some episodes should focus more on Raven's visions and less on her life. The number of visions she has during each episode steadily decrease each 5 episodes.

WorkoutDude
Old 04-21-2006, 01:29 AM
.: Silly me :.

Karlitakarlita is spinning in a Cursed Storm
i love it!!!!!!! nice show. i like everyshow disney channel has.

~karlitakarlita