Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Polls & Surveys > Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue POLLY WANT A CRACKER?!!! IT'S A DEAD POLLY!

Old Do you play an instrument?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Vmk power

thegoof is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeehawinator View Post
Me too!
lol
Where at?
And are you good
Cool!

I would rather not answer the first question..:blink8:

I think I am ok on the horn
Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 AM
LAdyRaiders on VMK

LadyRaiders has disabled reputation
Alto Saxophone
Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 AM
Courageous
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Guess the Picture Winner's Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 7

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: MadHat
Brer_Nick is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My sister played the Saxophone
Old 09-09-2006, 12:59 AM
You can't compare with

Maribeth is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadberry View Post
I sure do! I started playing it in band aroudn 2 monthes ago, and I pratice every day, so now I can play songs like jingle bells and dredyl dreydl, and were even going to a conceret to play in decmeber
LOL Those are both in my band book!

What band books does everyone use? I use Essential Elements 2000, now on Book 2. I like number 157, Hatkiva, which is Israel's national anthem. I love that song and can play it very well now. I partly like it cause it sounds cool and partly cause I'm part Jewish. Once you've been to a Shabbat service, you can tell Jewish music. That peice is DEFINITELY Jewish.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Environmentalist
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Zebraa is floating through Inner Space
I play mainly clarinet (concert band and wind ensemble), alto sax (in jazz band), trumpet (my brother is teaching me), and piano.

I've played the clarinet for over 3 years, and I'm playing at Carnegie Hall this year. I post this everywhere; it's just cuz I'm so excited! Oh, and I've been playing piano for 8 years

PS. When playing the alto, don't forget to drop your jaw to play a low C, D, E, and F ;D

EDIT// Since everyone's talking about what book they use, I use Bach and Before for Band, which is basically a bunch of chorales and junk. We just use it to warm up. I think we also use Essential Elements, but we haven't gotten those books yet. And I use SmartMusic (a program) to send in my playing tests; it has a bunch of books, songs, and scales/arpeggios programmed into is repertoire.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:17 AM
You can't compare with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebraa View Post

EDIT// Since everyone's talking about what book they use, I use Bach and Before for Band, which is basically a bunch of chorales and junk. We just use it to warm up. I think we also use Essential Elements, but we haven't gotten those books yet. And I use SmartMusic (a program) to send in my playing tests; it has a bunch of books, songs, and scales/arpeggios programmed into is repertoire.
Essential Elements is made for beginner band and then gets harder, but I haven't found anything SUPER hard yet.

SmartMusic is too buggy for me to use.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Banned
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

VIP
My Mood: Curmudgeon
lemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Infernolemonysnicket3 ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
yes i play trombone 2nd year and i'm thinking of playing tenor sax or cornet.

and currently i use

Standard of excellence
1st preformance (we're still gonna learn the rest of the songs in it)

Last edited by lemonysnicket3; 09-09-2006 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: added books
Old 09-09-2006, 01:18 AM
ineedyou

KenzieIsLove is spinning in a Cursed Storm
at school im an advanced drummer. and at my house i have a drum set and i used to have lessons for it but now i can play it good.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:21 AM
♥L|O|V|E♥

CrazyAlly has disabled reputation
I play the trumpet. Lead one in my school band

-Crazy
Old 09-09-2006, 01:24 AM
You can't compare with

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyAlly View Post
I play the trumpet. Lead one in my school band

-Crazy
Me too, but only cause the two best guys left to play French Horn. I'm a good player but not great. My band teacher thinks I'm good enough to give me a solo though for the pep rally too. In front of the WHOLE school. Not really nervous though. Just can't think on it for too long. =D

Oh we use foundations for Superior Performance but I think that book is messed up. We only use it to warm up, I think it's stupid myself.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:25 AM
LAdyRaiders on VMK

LadyRaiders has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL_Maribeth View Post
LOL Those are both in my band book!

What band books does everyone use? I use Essential Elements 2000, now on Book 2. I like number 157, Hatkiva, which is Israel's national anthem. I love that song and can play it very well now. I partly like it cause it sounds cool and partly cause I'm part Jewish. Once you've been to a Shabbat service, you can tell Jewish music. That peice is DEFINITELY Jewish.
I used Essential Elements 2000 Book 1 last year, this year we don't use a book, we just get papers from our teacher and put them in a binder.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:41 AM
You can't compare with

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRaiders View Post
I used Essential Elements 2000 Book 1 last year, this year we don't use a book, we just get papers from our teacher and put them in a binder.
We get a little bit of sheet music, but mostly for concerts and pep rallies. Anyone else play at pep rallies? We play Bump Bump Cheer, Eye of the Tiger and Musical Cheer.

Bump Bump goes - Bump Bump Bump Bu-Bump x3 Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump (from low to high, then 3 high notes and 3 low notes)
Eye of The Tiger is that real popular song not many people know the name of. Da. Da Da Da. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, it goes: 3. 3 1 3. With accents. I think it's from Rocky or something.. I don't know.
Musical Cheer is also popular but the name is not known very often. Na-na na na. Na-na na. Hey Hey Hey. Goo-oodbye.

Hehe.
Hello.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:41 AM
BABii i MiSS yOU<33

djay is spinning in a Cursed Storm
My friends play the clarinet, alto sax, and flute.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:42 AM
World Conquest Inc. Head

Makior is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Recorder, we had to learn it for school. I'm no proffesional piano player but I can create tunes out of it
Old 09-09-2006, 01:43 AM
VMK for all!

Acepowerboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I play the piano and the guitar. The piano I take classes the guitar my dad shows me. He plays the classical guitar. He learn in Spain. Everyone in the family has to know how to play the guitar. Is a family thing.