Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > Site Feedback > Site Feedback Archive

Site Feedback Archive Site Feedback Archive

Old Whatever happened to VMKF?

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Yay, that's my name!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Deal with it!
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Graphics Trio Award 
Total Awards: 23

Born In Park
My Mood: Evil
EtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with ConfettiEtnaGreen is covered with Confetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
Well, it's not that i feel LONELY, it's just.. the environment here.. the community is different..
i mean
it felt like one big happy family
and the family's.. gone now, it's.. hard to explain, but.. i liked everything.. LOL

it just feels so empty, and not like a big huge happy family of.. happydom, and.. i liked the groups. i wasnt a part of any, but.. being around them, i liked it all...

it's hard to explain LOL
I don't exactly understand what you mean, so if I misunderstand your post be patient. If you look carefully it is still a family, just a little smaller one. (The best gifts come in small packages.) Maybe to get this site more "active" start joining rpgs, making rpgs, open your own graphic shop(you seem very atistic), make your own fan club in the off topic subforum, or even make your own vmkf newspaper. If you have any ideas to make the site more "active" and you think it would better the site I would love to hear them.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 AM
The Biggest Narutard Ever
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Golden Years Award Smilie Story: The Beach Participant Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 10

Here Since Day 1
naruhina4894 is as Frosty as a Snowman
I used to go on as a guest a long time ago always, when I finally joined, most of the people I remember being on were gone. I agree a small family can be nice, but I miss it when there used to be like 500 members on at once.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:26 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 7

My Mood: Insomnious
Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtnaGreen View Post
I don't exactly understand what you mean, so if I misunderstand your post be patient. If you look carefully it is still a family, just a little smaller one. (The best gifts come in small packages.) Maybe to get this site more "active" start joining rpgs, making rpgs, open your own graphic shop(you seem very atistic), make your own fan club in the off topic subforum, or even make your own vmkf newspaper. If you have any ideas to make the site more "active" and you think it would better the site I would love to hear them.

it's hard to explain how i feel, so i don't blame you LOL it just doesn't feel the same as before..

and, I have joined many RPGs, but I tend to be inactive for a bit and... so I just try not to join rpgs anymore cuz of that, and, i have had a graphic shop, still do, but nobody's ordering :P rofl and i don't really want them to right now, cuz it takes me like 3 hours to make something and i'm really not in the mood to whip up graphics rotfl

VMKF newspaper? that sounds pretty cool. but.. what news would there be LOL

Old 05-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Anyone can believe.
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Trivia Winner Xmas Wishlist '09 Happy Holidays'09 Award Golden Years Award 
Total Awards: 15

My Mood: Amuzed
acefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureacefredfred ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Ehh... Just think of it as your family.. Except 20 or more.. xD
- ace
Old 05-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Masked Cowboy
Awards Showcase
St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Epitaph Winner's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 49

VIP
My Mood: Happy
SoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing InfernoSoccerRyan ’s feet are on fire with Dancing Inferno
People have been leaving because they claim that the site is "dead." The irony is that their inactivity has been causing the "deadness" in the first place! That's like complaining that you're favorite American Idol contestant got voted off the show when you didn't even vote. We determine the spirit of the site.

I agree though that it feels weird having around 40 or so posts a day compared to the constant posting when VMK was open. You just gotta keep posting and know that you're making a difference when you post. Nothing to talk about? Make a thread! It's really up to us.

Play trivia at #vmktrivia to win a purple scrolly!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:32 PM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Award Spooky Scribe Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award VMK Memories Award Joy To The World Halloween '08 Participation Award 

Blossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in TreasureBlossomflower is Buried in Treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerRyan View Post
People have been leaving because they claim that the site is "dead." The irony is that their inactivity has been causing the "deadness" in the first place! That's like complaining that you're favorite American Idol contestant got voted off the show when you didn't even vote. We determine the spirit of the site.

I agree though that it feels weird having around 40 or so posts a day compared to the constant posting when VMK was open. You just gotta keep posting and know that you're making a difference when you post. Nothing to talk about? Make a thread! It's really up to us.
LOL i'm trying to keep it alive by actively posting.. but.. it's just not the same.
I can't do it alone.. and i can't ALWAYS be on..

and i agree with the entire.. "leaving cuz site is dead but really, it's THEIR fault that the site is dead" thing LOL i ain't ever leaving no matter how dead this place gets.

anyway..

YO SCALLYWAG HOME MATEY
rotfl

Old 05-09-2009, 02:35 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: Surrender
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
I say we go off and advertise the site.
Get people to join.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:12 AM
.hola.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

Born In Park
My Mood: Amuzed
MinnieMForever is as Frosty as a Snowman
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBoy133 View Post
I say we go off and advertise the site.
Get people to join.
That does sound like a nice idea, but beware that some websites do not allow advertising. Ask for permission first, to another Staff Member on the Forum/Website you wish to advertise to. This could also mean joining "Sister Sites".

~Minnie
Old 05-09-2009, 03:38 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase
Make A Wish Award Halloween'10 Award 2010 Holiday Award Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Winner's Award Graphics Trio Award VMK Memories Award 2010 Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 

Here Since Day 1 VIP
BuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with ConfettiBuzzBoy133 is covered with Confetti
Ya know you could always -secretly- PM ALL of the people there!
xDD
That's what I'd do!

Old 05-09-2009, 03:58 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

i wonder if mods could read your PMs.
rofl

Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossomflower View Post
i wonder if mods could read your PMs.
rofl
Only if they're reported.
That's why they're called "Private" Messages.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:16 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

they call it "private", but ya know... mods could secretly read them while theyre bored :O
rofl

Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 AM
disco pogo
Awards Showcase

Here Since Day 1 VIP
Pshh, only EKB would do that! xDD

Old 05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
I iz lazy.
Awards Showcase

mhmmmm

THE MODS ARE ALL SECRETLY EVIL
ESPECIALLY TOPSY XD

- runs -
rofl