Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old Wiki Editing Guide

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:13 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Wiki Editing Guide

Attention all Wiki Editors (and everyone else who wants to become one!)

I've started documenting some of the templates and editing practices we've been moving towards as part of the Editing help page. You can get to this page anytime you are editing a page from the Editing help link on the lower right corner of your editing page, to the right of the "Save Page" and "Show Preview" buttons.

Please read and follow these practices.

If there are other things you want clarified - ask here and we'll clarify them both here and on that editing page.

Thank you for being a wiki editor and for helping create the best reference on VMK there can be.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:52 PM
#1 fan of Xigbar ^.^
Awards Showcase
Caption Contest Participant Halloween '08 Participation Award Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 3

xigbar is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I've just been roaming around, then editing the spelling errors or grammers. I want to become an editor though, how do i send it?
Old 11-11-2006, 03:09 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbar View Post
I've just been roaming around, then editing the spelling errors or grammers. I want to become an editor though, how do i send it?
Check out this thread for directions how to apply to be an editor.

Power to the Players!
Old 11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I added more templates to the Help page. To access the page Prisoner mentioned, I added a quick link. On the left of each wiki page is a link called "Help and Rules". Click there then click the link that talks about templates on the VMK side.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
yay! Thank you!

I have a question, can you show an example of what the furniture template would look like?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:27 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguingirl477 View Post
yay! Thank you!

I have a question, can you show an example of what the furniture template would look like?
Prisoner gave the link to the furniture template in the first post. Or do you mean what does the finished page look like once you use the template and fill in the information? If so, here is one item:

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...r_Gold_Edition
Old 11-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Penguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundPenguinz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
No I mean... you know the template? Just the template when it is finished, no pictures. Just words and boxes. I need to see where everything is.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

it would look like a blank grid. Just imagine the Gold Chair link that I showed you and think of it without the words and photos
Old 11-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Find Me on IRC
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

Oh... okay. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:01 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguingirl477 View Post
No I mean... you know the template? Just the template when it is finished, no pictures. Just words and boxes. I need to see where everything is.
The best thing to do in this case would be to create a page with the template, and the Preview it.

But I've also added an example underneath the furniture template.

Power to the Players!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:00 PM
pats superbowl XLI champs

avastpirateace is spinning in a Cursed Storm
there editing the guide? wow about time, maybe they will actually get the correct information now
Old 11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolleraye View Post
there editing the guide? wow about time, maybe they will actually get the correct information now
If there is any information in the Wiki that you feel is incorrect - please feel free to post it in this forum. Or even better - apply and become an editor yourself!

All of the editors take great pride in trying to be as complete and correct as we can, but we sometimes mess up. We certainly welcome all the good help we can get.

Power to the Players!
Old 11-13-2006, 01:19 AM
pats superbowl XLI champs

avastpirateace is spinning in a Cursed Storm
ill try to find the correct info bc i found a website that has accurate info on disney and vmk.

i think theres is a site with info WIKI doesnt have called www.intercot.com its under the discussion tab

Last edited by avastpirateace; 11-13-2006 at 02:48 AM..
Old 02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Anime Rules!

AvastKrazy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
how do i sign up
Old 08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

Xiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their headXiaolin has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Attention all Wiki Editors

Due to problems with the editing (explained below), we have let VMK's editng help move onto its own page. You can get to this page by searching Help:Editing Vmk, or click for VMK Editing help.

The problem: When adding new templates to the Club Penguin editing help, VMK's editing help had been cut/doubled/changed.

Thank you for understanding and notify fellow wiki editors for the change.