Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Site Content > News Articles > VMKF's Competitions and Contests

VMKF's Competitions and Contests Threads containing our competitions, contests, and suggestions.

Old November 2010 Carol Parody Awards

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:48 AM
The Kitty Admin
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Summer Party Participant's Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award 
Total Awards: 22

My Mood: Reading
Tepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundTepcat has turned into a Bat and is flying around
I don't know of any plan to close the site.

It is the last contest for a few reasons.

1. The participation is extremely low with the only games getting more than twenty people playing the ones that are about the game being gone - only so many of those I can do.

January 25
February 42
March 11
April 12
May 45
June 31
July 11
August 14
September 18
October 14
November 7

From January until the end of August we averaged 5 users per day. Since then we have averaged 40 per day - and yet the number of entries keep dropping.

2. The contest threads have had negative comments about the type of contest as well as negative entries

3. Since there is no game, it is very difficult to design contests that are fun and relevant. Based upon number 2 above - I am failing at that and it would be better to simply let this go.

It was fun and I will always be around to read PMs and might even sometimes talk on a thread.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:14 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 
Total Awards: 30

VIP
My Mood: Stitch-ish
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
If we get lots of VMKF to somehow participate in the next contest, can't we keep them going? I mean isn't there any other way to have some types of contests on here? Maybe get a poll to see what types of contests we should do each month or something, so that everyone gets a fair share in what type of contest we can have on here, without any complaints?

-Stitchco
to StitchMad and Neoteny; to Batleth and EtnaGreen.
-Stitchco
Old 12-02-2010, 01:40 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree with Stitchco. I like his idea.

I once had an idea, to do the uhm... oh I pmed Jezzi about VMKF 2010 awards that I wanted to do, but she said it would be favoritism + that it would sound official, and tepcat, you are the only one to do VMKF official contests. So, that idea went out the door. I've tried countless times to try and get this site running, but almost all of them have been against the rules (I've asked mods usually before posting them)

But anyways, I want this site active just as much as the next person, and I am dedicated to this site. I don't want these contests to stop, even though I'm not involved in every one, I love reading the entries. I don't want this site to stop . It just makes me so frustrated when one person has to be all negative about something that we're trying to keep alive. Just leave if all you have to do is insult these contests. Tepcat works so hard.

Last edited by Tepcat; 12-02-2010 at 04:29 AM.. Reason: flaming
Old 12-02-2010, 02:13 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Carol Parody Winner's Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 Patriot 2010 Award 

VIP
Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Stitchco has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedudeman View Post
I agree with Stitchco. I like his idea.

I once had an idea, to do the uhm... oh I pmed Jezzi about VMKF 2010 awards that I wanted to do, but she said it would be favoritism + that it would sound official, and tepcat, you are the only one to do VMKF official contests. So, that idea went out the door. I've tried countless times to try and get this site running, but almost all of them have been against the rules (I've asked mods usually before posting them)
I myself did suggest a new type of contest to a admin./mod. (can't remember who-sorry ) . But I'm not sure if I ever PMed Tepcat about the idea I had. If you need any help with contests, I'd be glad to forgo my participation in order to keep the contests around tep.

-Stitchco
-Stitchco
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Trivia Addict
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Make A Wish Award Trivia Winner Epitaph Participant's Award Caption Contest Participant's Award 
Total Awards: 16

VIP
My Mood: Creative
bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!bluedudeman has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I agree. I'd do the same
Old 12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
VMKF's WDW Expert-Nerd
Awards Showcase

VIP
Can a Mod/Admin. tell us if this would be a possible idea please?

-Stitchco
-Stitchco