Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old HELP! Animations needed for the Wiki!

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
For uploading issues....not sure how you guys are currently trying to get the images here, but first I would use the gallery or an Approved Hosting Site. If you're still having trouble send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Just a note, if the file is pretty big, it might not upload to the wiki. Another editor has already tried to upload some bigger animations without success. My suggestion would be to reduce the number of frames and to simplify/shorten some of the animations.

Another note, I've been trying to do some of these myself...you'll notice I updated the list some. I'll keep the list up to date as I work. Granted the list is not complete, lol....so if you're not sure if we still need something either post and ask or check the item's wiki page (animations I made are added onto the appropriate page pretty quickly).

Thanks for wanting to help! I'm trying to help too, and learning a lot in the process, lol

Old 04-29-2008, 02:16 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
I got stills of the turnstile

I kind of got obsessive over getting them the same size
Old 04-29-2008, 02:19 AM
Gone
Awards Showcase
Happy Valentine's Day Halloween '09 Award VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Design a Pin Participation's Award Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Mod Match Winners Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 12

Fairy has disabled reputation
Ill try Uita-sama
Old 04-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 

Born In Park VIP
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Thanks pisces312! Actually getting them the same size makes it that much better on the wiki! Glad you took the time to do that fore me

Uploaded here:
http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...reen-_Open.jpg
http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/i...en-_Closed.jpg

If you wanted to do some of the other turnstile colors I wouldn't object

And Fairy, anything you can submit would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, I'm planning on doing more of these if time permits (and sadly, my time is being tempermental at the moment and not permitting)...are you?

Last edited by UpInTheAir; 04-29-2008 at 10:06 AM..
Old 05-02-2008, 07:51 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Help
Old 05-08-2008, 09:28 PM
VMK_Lion's #1 Fan!
Awards Showcase
Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Halloween'11 Award Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award Make A Wish Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 50

My Mood: Happy
MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!MLKnCookies has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Gold Turnstile:

Blue Turnstile:
Old 05-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Doodoodoodoo
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

2starTagregory is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Up, if you can meet me in my room I can get some of those. Im Whispered in the Hidden Ocean
Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
I've been working through this project myself as early attempts to get images was met with little success. For the time being, I'm putting submissions to this project on hold. I may post later on to get images that I am missing, but for the time being, please focus on the other projects we have going.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase

Born In Park VIP
Project is back up, just slightly tweaked! Please help!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Uh.......................
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 

thedogboy is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Red Turnstile:

Open:

Closed:

Gold Generator Spinning:

^Is that what you were looking for? If so PLMK if the numbers need to appear faster, or slower

Last edited by thedogboy; 05-14-2008 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: Added Gold Generator
Old 05-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Walt Disney World
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day 

WDWTigger72 is as Frosty as a Snowman
DANCING

WAVING

MICKEY TV

ANIMATION VIEWER

AQUARIUM WATER COOLER

RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR GOLD

MAGIC SHOW STAGE CURTAIN

Last edited by WDWTigger72; 05-15-2008 at 12:16 AM..
Old 05-15-2008, 12:02 AM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
How do you do these? I can post pics of the items in different stages ex. turnstile open and then closed) and I might be able to put them together but idk if I can... but how do you do the ones of dancing and stuff?
Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Walt Disney World
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkTokrok
How do you do these? I can post pics of the items in different stages ex. turnstile open and then closed) and I might be able to put them together but idk if I can... but how do you do the ones of dancing and stuff?
Honestly, I am probably doing it a longer way than others but its currently working for me. I first record video of the animated objects using a product called SnagIT, and then pretty much step through each frame and save only the frames that change. As, I am stepping through each frame I am seeing how many clicks it takes before the frame changes (i.e. Most have been three or four clicks). Then I am taking each image I have saved off and importing them as animation into a product called "Macromedia Fireworks". You can then manipulate each frame in seconds to mimic exactly what vmk is doing (i.e. Previous step where I counted how many clicks for example 3 clicks maybe 21 seconds, 4 clicks about 28 seconds...Each click is 7 seconds)....Then poof you can use the export wizard and save as animated gif...

I prefer using the two seperate programs because I can manipulate the start and stop image, for example the random number generator gold would have had that little green circle next to it when you move your mouse in a room so you know where you can move/place items...

P.S. I saw some software programs out there that can convert AVI files into ANIMATED GIF files, but haven't taken the time out to use them yet. A free video recording software is CamStudio 2.5 so you maybe able to use that, and then use the conversion applications...Just do a search on "CamStudio 2.5 which I got from CNET, and also "Convert AVI to ANIMATED GIF"...

Last edited by WDWTigger72; 05-15-2008 at 01:19 AM..
Old 05-15-2008, 02:04 AM
July 17, 2006May 21, 2008
Awards Showcase
Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

Tokrok is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWTigger72 View Post
Honestly, I am probably doing it a longer way than others but its currently working for me. I first record video of the animated objects using a product called SnagIT, and then pretty much step through each frame and save only the frames that change. As, I am stepping through each frame I am seeing how many clicks it takes before the frame changes (i.e. Most have been three or four clicks). Then I am taking each image I have saved off and importing them as animation into a product called "Macromedia Fireworks". You can then manipulate each frame in seconds to mimic exactly what vmk is doing (i.e. Previous step where I counted how many clicks for example 3 clicks maybe 21 seconds, 4 clicks about 28 seconds...Each click is 7 seconds)....Then poof you can use the export wizard and save as animated gif...

I prefer using the two seperate programs because I can manipulate the start and stop image, for example the random number generator gold would have had that little green circle next to it when you move your mouse in a room so you know where you can move/place items...

P.S. I saw some software programs out there that can convert AVI files into ANIMATED GIF files, but haven't taken the time out to use them yet. A free video recording software is CamStudio 2.5 so you maybe able to use that, and then use the conversion applications...Just do a search on "CamStudio 2.5 which I got from CNET, and also "Convert AVI to ANIMATED GIF"...
Wow tyvm! ill try to see if I can get it to work!
EDIT: ok i just downloaded CamStudio 2.5 and I'm about to try it out
EDIT: It worked great! exept the quality isn't the best. now I just need to do stuff the wiki needs...

Last edited by Tokrok; 05-15-2008 at 02:29 AM..
Old 05-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Walt Disney World
Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmkTokrok
EDIT: It worked great! exept the quality isn't the best. now I just need to do stuff the wiki needs...
You can actually play around with the settings inside CamStudio 2.5 so that the quality becomes much better for you. I know I had to play around with SnagIt until the quality was what I expected...

CamStudio Configuration
(1) Launch the Recorder.exe
(2) Click on Video|Options
(3) You will now see the Video Options screen which you can change the settings, and I recommend Microsoft MPEG-4 Video V1/V2/V3 (whichever version you have):
VideoOptions.jpg
(4) You can also click on Configure Button
(5) You wil now see the Configure screen which you can change the Compression Control and Data Rate
VideoOptions-Configure.jpg

NOTE: Pretty much what you see are my settings within both programs, and you can see how my Animated GIFs have come out. At least I think they came out pretty good