Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki)

Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) This is the area to talk about the wiki, there is also a forum at toontowncentral.com for the wiki for those who are interested. http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/

Old Item Rotations

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase
Happy St. Patrick's Day Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

My Mood: Where
groovysqirrel is floating through Inner Space
Item Rotations

There was a thread that was asking for Item Rotation images a while back. My question is..

Where do we find those pictures on the wiki?

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:30 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
VMK's closing probably added a lot of stuff to the editors' to-do lists, and also meant they had to get a lot done fast. The things that we helped with that are not currently there are probably things that will be added in the future, they just have other priorities right now
(My Guess/Opinion)
Old 07-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Halloween '08 Participation Award 
Total Awards: 1

My Mood: DowObsessed
Sugarland_Fanatic is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Hey groovy,

I've noticed that many pieces of furniture, if there are already rotated images uploaded, will have it under "Rotations" under the "Images" heading.

Look here to see what's been said about this. In short, Item's between H and M may not have these images uploaded. It doesn't appear, though, that there will be a page dedicated toward Item Rotations at this time.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't forget the wiki
Awards Showcase
Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 1

SpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureSpinMarty ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovysqirrel View Post
There was a thread that was asking for Item Rotation images a while back. My question is..

Where do we find those pictures on the wiki?
Great question! If they have been added (and that is a small drop in the bucket at this point because editors have literally 1000's of photos to sort through, crop and upload) then they will show up on the item's actual page.

For example the Royal Throne Blue
http://www.disneyonlineworlds.com/in...al_Throne_Blue

Obviously, if you click an item and the photos of the rotations are not there yet then they haven't been added

BTW, costume rotations are being added as well. Check out the Alice Costume for an good example.

With word of VMK closing there was a mad rush to take as many photos as possible (which many of the VMKF helped with - thanks!) and now it is just a matter of being able to get them all sorted (as I said earlier!)
Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase

Oh I see! Thanks SpinMarty. I visited a lot of pages that didn't have the rotation pictures so I figured that people are busy!

Where have I been? I was marching a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps. I toured the country all summer. Pacific Crest 2010.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:22 PM
WDW lover :)
Awards Showcase
EKB Day Award Halloween'11 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Trivia Winner Halloween'10 Award Caption Contest Participant's Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2010 
Total Awards: 26

My Mood: Disney
GoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasureGoodPolarGirl ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Quote:
BTW, costume rotations are being added as wellAlice Costume for an good example.
Well, are being added. It is the thing I'm supposed to be working on, but I kinda have a short attention spand, so I've been to busy exploring

~Polar
Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Oh a wiki question! That's dangerous...once you get me started talking about the wiki, it's hard to get me to stop. Now the item rotations...they are being added, slowly but surely. As head of DOW I supervise all our sections (VMK, Toontown, Club Penguin, POTCO, Pixie Hollow, and Maple Story), and try to work on most at some point myself Things have gotten pretty busy, but trust me, VMK is in my heart and I am working hard on our VMK section to help us preserve all the magical memories.

Here are where things currently stand:

Post VMK closing I have been able to upload most of the item rotation images for VMK items from 50th Celebration Director's Chair through Magic Show Block D.

We already had most of the item rotations for Narnia Ice Throne through Well Chair added.

I still have many to upload including such as the rest of the Ms and some of the newly released items that appeared during the final weeks of the game, as well as ride pieces (including alphabetically last Yeti Ride pieces ).

Of the images that have been uploaded, most of the images from 50th Celebration Director's Chair to Flaming Ransacked Window and Royal Sky Flat 2‎ through Well Chair have been added as well.

To check and see if we have any of the images for a particular item, go to the actual item page. We include items in tables, but these are not the full page. To get to the full page, click the blue item name which links you to the item page. On the item page, not only will you find rotation images if we have added them, you can also find inventory image history (as can be seen on the Coffin Couch page) or other bonus information (and example of this would be the Bella's Special information on Bella's First Special, the ALR Sand Carpet). Clicking is your friend!

Check out the individual Category Checklists (Pins, Furniture, Posters, Clothing, Guest Rooms) we have for the different item groups. This is one of the easiest ways to find the item you are looking for. Of course there is also the "Search" option on the lefthand side of the page. As a last resort, if you can't find something, ask me I am intimately familiar with our wiki pages and have developed the ability to find things unusually quickly

In terms of things to come and things that everyone can look forward to in the future, the following are things that can be anticipated:
  • Rotational images of VMK Chairs with characters sitting in them
  • Hat rotation images
  • Stacked item images
  • Animations
  • Magic pin usage rotational images
  • The rest of the costume rotation images
  • The rest of the inventory image history images
  • Questions/Spoilers for some of the final VMK HOST_ quests
  • Finish creating clothing pages/revamping old clothing pages
  • VMK Tutorial Messages
  • Detailed Player Quest Creation page
  • Item/Room Selling Page
  • And I'm sure I'll find a few more along the way!

Phew!

Please bear with me as I work to get these projects underway! As you can see there is an awful lot to do and I am so appreciative of the VMKFers who helped me get the required images/information, and our editors who are helping to preserve the magic of VMK.

Alright, I better stop typing now before y'all end up with a novel to read and I bore you away from the wiki forever!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Too lazy to post
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Crossword Puzzle Participant's Award Happy St. Patrick's Day 2010 Your Favorite Attraction Award Happy Valentine's Day 
Total Awards: 24

My Mood: Busy
Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!Pisces has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
Wow Up, such a long explanation That's why you're in charge though! And you could never bore... well you could never bore ME with wiki talk, I LOVE the wiki...
Up is the most reliable source possible, so go with what she says whenever the wiki is mentioned
Old 07-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Piano Man!
Awards Showcase

HAHA! Thanks Upintheair!