Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > Other > Virtual Stories > Magic Kingdom Memoirs

Magic Kingdom Memoirs Where dreams are buried, but not forgotten.

Old In The Shoe's Of a Staff.

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:54 PM
June 2nd 05 - May 21st 08
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 4

My Mood: Author
coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
In The Shoe's Of a Staff.

I have decided to take a break from the days of vmk and write about something else.
after doing some research of how people send false reports/treat staff bad and or good, i decided to write a story about a staff (VMK_Jam) and life in her shoes.
Hopefully this story will help everyone to understand life in a staffs shoes
***all names are fake (although i might add in some real staff, but i dont know their real names- so they are fake )

CHAPTER 1: GOING TO WORK
I, Jennifer B. Walker am 36 years old. My job is working for a game called VMK: Virtual Magic Kingdom. I am a staff, VMK_Jam
I love to keep all the children safe who love the game as much as I do, but it was no walk in the park. sometimes it was; but... with every great game there comes trouble makers.
"Beep, beep, beeeeeep!!"
I rubbed my eyes and sat up. 5:00am, Monday morning. Time for Work.
I sat up and pulled the covers off of me. as I walked to the bathroom for \my morning shower, I pet my cat Wag.
I hoped in the shower, keeping the lights off. It was like an extra 10 minutes of sleep, and I knew I had a either a long or fast day ahead of me.
It was 6:15 when I was ready for work. I grabbed my car keys off the counter, fed my cat and walked out the door.
while i was driving to the headquaters, I thought about my past experiences... almost like a flash back.
"You stink jam!!!"
"ill do what i want!!"
I focused back on my life. I was about to drive straight off the road, quickly i turned the wheel and swerved back onto the road, then punched the breaks with my foot, stopping right before i hit the person in front of me.
My eyes were wide open, as i sighed hard.
I was at the turnoff.
I turned into the parking lot. I grabbed my purse and headed inside the headquaters.

CHAPTER 2: JUST SAYING HELLO
I pushed open the door and was instantly greated by the man who runs it all.
"am i late..?" i ask nervously.
I looked at my watch. 6:50am.
"Nope, not at all, just in time actually" said Tom (yavn) (name is made up)
"Okay, perfect." i replied.
Tom walked me to the computer room. there were about 50 computers-some of them were being used, but some weren't. at the end of the room there was two doors. One led to the cafiteriea and the other led to a meeting room with a giant whiteboard inside.
I walked over to computer #11. at the top is said in bold letters, "VMK_JAM"
"attention all vmk staff. VMK will be opening in 5 minutes, so it is now time to log in" said tom.
On one side of the room i was sitting in front of my computer. This was where the staff, hosts and testers sat.
On the other side, there were more computers, where the designers and programmers and all that sat.
I typed quickly and perfectly, then slammed down on the enter key and spun around in my chair.
I stopped spinning, looking striaght at VMK_Mocha (mary) (once again a made up name)
"hello mary, hows it going?" i asked.
Music started playing- Mary was online
"great. very excited to start working!" Mary replied, as the music on my computer started.
"me too" i said, as i spun my chair so i was facing the computer.
We sat there waiting for vmk to open- waiting for vmk destress calls.
"BEEP"
The noise meant vmk opened.
Mary and I, at the exact same time sat back in our chairs and said "ahhhhh" very very quietly.
"BEEP"
a message poped up on mary's screen and i looked over
hey watsup staff im just chilling
you guys stink
Mary looked at me, and sent back an automatic message
"please do not abuse the report button... next time you'll be banned for 24 hours"
"BEEP"
a message poped up on my screen, and i focused my attention back to my screen
staff please help bballplayayahhkf is asking where i live help Help fast!
"hmm" i mumbled.
I sent back an automatic message
"Thank you for reporting this. We will look into this. Remember, if someones chat bothers you, press the ignore button"
all morning we constantly got reports, most fake, some mean, some Just saying hello, but still it was abusing the report button- we already had enough reports.
Then the question hit me- but it might take a lot of guts asking Tom.

CHAPTER 3: NEW GIRL
I sat back, no more messages were poping up.
"finally" i thought.
i looked down the other side of my row, and saw VMK_Sent (Andy) (both names made up) and VMK_sethjr (josh) (both names made up)
a message poped- i crashed.
I looked down both rows- and all the other staff crashed too.
"VMK crashed" i called out.
On the other side of the room, the programmers started typing furiously- trying to bring the server back up.
I smiled at Andy and Josh.
I spun my chair around focusing on Tom, next to him was a new girl Poking at Tom's facial hair.
Mary tapped my shoulder and pointed at the new girl.
All of the staff here were around 33-40 years old. some of them were older.
Tom Brushed the new girls hand off of his face and gave her a weird look. The new girl smiled back an awkward smile.
"Attention everyone, i would like you all to meet Lauren, a new staff member here" said tom, as he smiled.
"Nice to meet you" said Andy
"cool a new member!" said QA_AmericaSings (Tara)
"What kind of staff are you?" i asked anxiously.
"A Staff" she replied quietly.
Computer #10 was open next to me. No Name on it.
I was hoping Tom would place the new girl next to me- i could always use more friends.
He walked over and placed tape that said in bold "VMK_WAFFLES" on computer #10
I was also happy she was a staff, and not a host.

CHAPTER 4: MAKING FRIENDS -AND CHAGING A LIFE
Lauren sat down next to me.
I waved to her and smiled, then i turned back to the computer- the server was still down.
"umm.. Hello.." lauren quietly said
"Hi!" i said back.
"umm, ill be right back" i said, as i turned to Tom.
"okay..." she whispered.
I stood up, keeping my attention at tom, who was helping the programmers.
This moment would change everything and i wasn't quite sure i could do it. I shouldn't be nervous about it- but i was afriad he would say No.
i slowley walked over.
"Hi, tom, i have a question about my job" i quietly said.
"Please don't tell me your quiting... You're one of our best!" he said, grabbing my shoulder.
"no no, its not that..." i said
"umm, do you think i could try out being a Host?"
"Sure!" He said
"few, that wednt better than expected" i said.
"we Have 14 Staff, 6 hosts and 5 testers" He said
"we need one more person."
"yeah" i said asuringly.
"So this works pretty good. 13 Staff, 7 hosts and 5 testers" He said
"so now, we just need a staff" he finished.
I turned around and walked back to my seat, and yavn walked over to his computer, which was at the other end of the room.
He changed all of my information.

I was now, HOST_Jam.

CHAPTER 5: LUNCH BREAK
I smiled as i walked back to my computer and sat down.
Mary was sorting through reports that she didn't get too yet.
Andy and Josh we're playing some VMK games making sure everything was okay.
Lauren was getting used to the system.
"I'm a Host!!" i screamed as i sat down.
Mary and Lauren patted my back and smiled, Andy and Joshed smiled at me.
"Well" said Josh
"This means you'll come to work later and miss out on "the staff only" mornings" He finished.
"oh yeah.." i said quietly.
"i forgot all about that" i finished.
In the morning only one Tester came, and all 12 staff came.
At 11:30am, Came the rest of the crew, The rest of the testers and the Hosts.
The hosts had to be there five minutes earlier to log on right away and get to those Host events.
"I wish i could be both" i mumbled.
"Well, you could always go back to being a staff..." Said Andy
"yeah.. maybe thats what i'll do" I started.
"I'll try being a host and see which one I like better" i finished
"Their you go" said Mary.
Lauren was too busy checking out the site, and Tara was a tester, so she had a special computer- downloading new items to be tested.
"Hmm.. it would be really cool if i could be a staff and host.." I said
"Yeah, you could always be promoted" Said Josh.
"oh yeah... you could get promoted to a tester!" Said Mary
Tara looked over and mumbled "huh.. what?!"
"Yeah... I get to open up the new rooms to premire items and take breaks around the kingdom and help out!" I said
"Thats perfect" said Andy
"But, you have to do really really good at work and prove to tom that you're a good designer and really good with the players" Finished Andy
"well she's already good with people... but you know VMK, these kids are pretty crazy. She might crack" said Mary
"Huh what?!" i screamed looking around.
"sorry just a horrible flash back" i mumbled.
"do you get these alot?" ask Josh.
"yeah.." i replied.
"well we have some work to do" said Andy
"and i think we are all willing to help. We're going to Bump you up to a tester, and get you to come at 7:00 with Tara" said Andy.
everyone Smiled as they sat up, the bell rung- it was lunch time.
I have some work to do. I have to design some outfits and really be extrodany. I worked things out with Tom at lunch- i was back to a Staff.
Sara the lunch lady ploped a giant pile of slop on my plate
"oohhh.... my favorite" i said sarcasticly.

CHAPTER 6: TALKING TO A PRO
I sat down next to andy and examined the slop.
"mystery meat again... we need another chef" Andy said to me
"I've talked to Tom about it.. he said they have someone" i replied as i took a bite of a bannana.
Tom and a New girl walked in.
"pefect timing" i said as i pointed to the new girl.
"Attention, we have a new pro chef- Paige" said Tom.
"I'll be right back.." i mumbled as i turned my attention to Tara.
Tara was sitting with VMK_phoenix and HOST_Dreamer.
i walked over to them.
"Hi tara, Hi Tony, Hi Beth." i said, waving to each of them.
"Hi" they all answered.
"Here i'll grab you a chair" said Tara, standing up and pulling an empty chair from a table.
"oh, thanks" i said as i sat down.
"So Tara, I'm thinking of trying to get promoted" i said.
"Hmm, Tom did mention that he could use another Tester coming into work in the morning with me." She said.
"perfect" i said
"well you better hurry- he's looking fast, and you know tom" she said with a giggle.
"yeah.." i said.
The whistle blew, and everyone stood up heading back to work- greated by the Other hosts and staff who had came at 11:30.
You see, lunch started at 11:25 and ended around 1:00-1:15. In the headquaters, fingers were moving furiously.
Something was up- and i knew if i could fix it, Tom would be greatful.

CHAPTER 7: TRYINGTO FIX A PROBLEM
I walked over to Sara (Host_Hula) and Lily (Host_Lily) who sat at computers #6 and #5, and looked at the screen.
someone has hacked the system. This is bad... VERY BAD.
"oh my gosh... am i seeing correctly?" i asked franticly to Sara and Lily
"yeah you are." said Lily, as she sighed.
"The persons hack account name is VMK_Hacker, and they somehow got there hands on a grade 8 hacker system..." finished Lily.
I gasped.
a Grade 8 hacker system is one of the highest hacking systems out there, It costs half a million dolars to own. it could hack a game and more than just giving the player minimum abilitys, but it gave them ability to not be banned.. baisicly there was no way to stop the person.
"ill be right back" i mumbled.
as i walked out of the headquaters, i walked by QA_AmericaSings (Colieen) and QA_Testy (Kelly) who are sitting at computers #4 and #3. Then i passed HOST_Bella (Bella), HOST_Gamer (Mark) and QA_Dawg (Dan) who sit at computers #2, #1 and #15. i walked through the caffiteria and opened the back door, into a small room, one side with the door to the cafiteria, and the other side a glass door to outside.
I saw Tom.
He was pacing, i opened the glass door and walked out.
"tom..." i said.
He looked up.
"i know how to fix this... were going to have to counter-act the hacker" i said.
He stared at me.
"Bring out The emergancy Grade 9 Hacker device."

The Headquaters
Attachment 31169

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolJamz View Post
to clear things up- here are the names of the staff and their numbers that we no of so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolJamz View Post

1. HOST_Gamer (Mark)
2: HOST_Bella (Bella)
3: QA_Testy (Kelly)
4: QA_AmericaSings (Colieen)
5: HOST_Lily (Lily)
6: HOST_Hula (Sara)
7: HOST_Dreamer (Beth)
8: VMK_phoenix (Tony)
9: VMK_Mocha (Mary)
10: VMK_Waffles (Lauren)

11: VMK_Jam (Jennifer)
12: VMK_Sent (Andy)
13: QA_AmericaSings (Tara)
14: VMK_sethjr (Josh)
15: QA_Dawg (Dan)

5 Staff(s), 5 Host(s), 4 Tester(s) (SO FAR)

25 computers on each side.
We will only know the names of the staff hosts and testers, - 50 names are alot to remember!!!

(so that means i will not tell you guys the names of the programmers/designers, maybe only a few of the important ones that i need in the story)

Last edited by coolJamz; 04-12-2008 at 12:59 PM..
Old 01-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Marluxia. For the cool.
Awards Showcase
VMK Memories Award 2010 Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award Joy To The World 

Here Since Day 1
My Mood: Sporkness
Centurey is as Frosty as a Snowman
OMGEE
Write more
And I wanna be in it :p!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 
Total Awards: 14

Born In Park Clan Leader Here Since Day 1 VIP
My Mood: PinkFlips
Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
Keep Writing Sounds Good I Want to read more.

Off topic : 800th Post! WOOT!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Smilie Winners Award Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

coolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying aroundcoolJamz has turned into a Bat and is flying around
Okay! centurey read pm.
Next chapter up!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Expert Relocator Participants Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day 

Pinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasurePinkglitter ’s Treasure Detector keeps finding some exciting treasure
I like the 2rd chapter
Old 01-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 
Total Awards: 6

VIP
My Mood: Dreaming
izzie is floating through Inner Space
Can there be a VMK_Waffles that pokes Yavns facial hair? Please (:
I'm odd.

Great story
Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Awards Showcase

sure waffles
Old 01-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
can there be a VMK_sethjr?
Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Awards Showcase

sure.
Not too many staffs people.
writing next chapter now
Old 01-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant Happy Valentine's Joy To The World Smile For Entering Award 

VIP
Yes!!
This is my debut! Watch out people with facial hair, I'm coming to poke it. Woo!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Glitter = LoVe!
Awards Showcase

LOL Waffles!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Registered+
Awards Showcase
Trivia Winner Smilie Story: The Beach Winner Award Patriot 2009 Award VMK Memories Award Trivia Winner Mod Match Participant Happy St. Patrick's Day Caption Contest Participant 
Total Awards: 13

My Mood: Festive
TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!TheMagicWithin has turned into a sparkling Pirate!
My debut too!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:23 PM
Happy Holidays!
Awards Showcase

VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMagicWithin View Post
My debut too!!
Nooo dude. I poke facial hair. You can uhh.. poke YAVNs HEAD!! Yes. Put that in the story jam
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Twitterpatted!
Awards Showcase
Your Favorite Attraction Award Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Signature Donation Award 

VIP
My Mood: Adventurous
PrincessSofia is spinning in a Cursed Storm
I think there should be a HOST_PogoStick that would be cool. Or HOST_Wally that would be cool.

It would be fun to make up a character and import them into the story
Great story

I hope you all have a great year! l I need a signature! l Thank you everyone!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
up the irons \m/
Awards Showcase
VMKF's Klingon Appreciation Day Patriot 2009 Award Guess the Picture Winner's Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Evil
dabaseballking ’s Invisible pin is 5* - Spooky!
Maybe I can be a TESTER in it, maybe a newcomer that gets computer #10 inos