Virtual Magic Kingdom Community Fansite
VMK Forums | Disney | Virtual Magic Kingdom (Official Site)
VMK Forums Home VMK Forums VMK Forums Gallery Arcade User Control Panel Register! Members Lose Your Marbles? Click Here! Search VMK Forums

Go Back   VMK Forums - Virtual Magic Kingdom Online Community, Forums & Fansite > VMK Game Forums > Disneys Online Worlds Guide (wiki) > Wiki Archive

Old Documenting Quests

Login or Register now to see less ads.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
Documenting Quests

I just wanted to leave a note for all DOW editors that everyone is welcome to document the various quests that are running in VMK. It looks like a lot will be going on this weekend, so I want to make sure we're all reminded of a few things:
  1. We can all contribute. If we all do just a little, it makes it a bit easier. Don't assume that just because someone has done something in the past, that they'll be able to do it today or in the future.
  2. Coordinate here and on chat.
  3. Pay attention to details. Make sure you get the capitalization of words correct. Sometimes Disney makes mistakes - make sure you capture those mistakes.

I also want to remind non-editors that you can still help out. Spoilers for the answers can't be posted here, but we welcome the questions to be posted. This is a really big way you can help us out.

As always - thanks everyone for your help in making DOW the highest quality resource for VMK and all Disney Games.

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Trader
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2009 Award Joy To The World Mega Donation Award 
Total Awards: 3

My Mood: Wishful
bluecruiser is spinning in a Cursed Storm
Here are all of the questions for the mini-treasure quest and the first 16 questions for the big treasure quest.

Note - all of VMK's typo's were left in (I hope), and I hope as well that I did not add any typo's of my own. I transcribed these from screen shots I took when doing the quests.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Blackheart's Mini-Treasure Quest!

Quest description:
Avast thar! Captain Blackheart didn't hide his glorious treasure all in one place! He buried bits and pieces of it all over VMK as a safeguard against his mutinous crew. If ye be the one to find a treasure hold of his, ye shall be handsomely rewarded.

Task 1:
Ahoy, matey! Captain Blackheart fashioned his coat form the red sails of his ship, the Scarlet Sorceress. Put on yer finest swashbuckling suit before ye begin yer adventure!

Task 2:
Now to put yer pirate knowledge to the test: which one of these pirates be a fictional buccaneer?
Mary Read
Calico Jack Rackham
Captain Jack Sparrow
Black Bart
Edward Teach

Task 3:
Excellent! Now on which isle did Captain Jack Sparrow find his first mate, Mr. Joshamee Gibbs?
Isla de Muerta
Isla Tesoro
Aurba
Tortuga
Isla Cruces

Task 4:
Ye be on Tortuga now, matey! Play a festive tune and join in the merriment of this carefree port!

Task 5:
Now that ye have been officially turned pirate, ye shall be needin' to find a crossroads where ye can take paths leadin' to two adventuresome games, a shop, and a curious house atop a mighty oak!

Task 6:
Thar he be! To find his treasure, ye shall be needin' to seek out VMK's resident pirate captain. Maybe he will have some clues awaitin' fer ya!

Task 7:
Avast, ye scabrous dog! Lookin' for me treasure, aye? If ye can find the room where clouds sit atop a snowy peak, ye may come across more clues.

Task 8:
Yer above the sails! See what looks like a white basket pokin' out from the cloud? What be that part of a ship called?
Crow's Nest
Port Bow
Starboard Stern
Mast
Rigging

Task 9:
Scattered upon the ground is a path marked out by shimmerin' jewels! Follow this path and it may lead ye to the fabled treasure!

Task 10:
It looks as though the path ends at this overgrown beanstalk! Climb down quickly, mate! The treasure be awaitin'!

Task 11:
This be a strange land, indeed! This miniature village has scattered gold pieces across the ground. Could this be the treasure? Collect a dozen gold pieces and found out!

Task 12:
That be no treasure.. it be a trap! Visit the Forbidden Temple to lift the curse!

Task 13:
Now to say the phrase that will lift this treacherous curse: No fear of evil curses has I!

Task 14:
The curse has been lifted! Now ye are free to continue on yer Quest. Shrunken Ned has a map just fer this occasion in his shop! Acquire this essential pirating possession and ye shall be set on the final path to the treasure!

Task 15:
The map says ye must begin on a beach near a small island hut where smoke wafts from a great mountain at sunset.

Task 16:
Now follow the path of skulls over a shimmerin' river. Remember: dead men tell no tales!

Task 17:
The map leads to a colossal stone face covered in vines! Captain Blackheart has a pack of pachyderms guardin' his treasure!

Task 18:
Avast! Thar be an X of clover on the ground and X marks the spot! This be the place to dig fer treasure!

Task 19:
Ye have discovered the Hidden Treasure of Captain Blackheart! Do a pirate jig in celebration of this momentous occasion!

Task 20:
Now kick up yer boots, relax and enjoy the treasure bestowed upon ye!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VMK's Hunt for Captain Blackheart's Treasure!

Quest description:
Here be a Quest of great difficulty, matey! Captain Blackheart hid his treasure well but left not a map. Instead, he set clues around the Kingdom so only the worthy could unearth it. Great wealth awaits the cleverest, strongest, and swiftest souls!

Task 1:
Come ye seekin' adventure and the lost treasure of the famed Captain Blackheart, aye? Begin yer journey at the place where the Captain, his ship, and his treasure first struck ground.

Task 2:
From this place, Blackheart journeyed across the Kingdom to find a place to bury his treasure. Walk along the riverbanks. How many faces did he pass?

Task 3:
Find a place where colored lamps fill thy sky and the faint glow of lanterns can be seen across the waters.

Task 4:
For this task ye shall be needin' pen and parchment. Take down the 6th letter of the name of this room as ye will be needin' it at a later time. Once ye have completed this task, give a hearty "yoho!"

Task 5:
A mysterious aura surrounds this Kingdom now inhabited by Captain Blackheart. It seems as though this inexplicable force originates from the gypsy woman. Pay her a visit and see what clues she holds.

Task 6:
Take the clue Esmeralda has given and seek out yer treasure.

Task 7:
Another clue ye must take: the 14th letter of this room be part of the riddle. After this bit of knowledge has been written down, have ye a seat.

Task 8:
Pay close attention now. Captain Blackheart left clues all over the Kingdom and these next few clues be vital to yer hunt for treasure. The small hand on the Fantasyland clock tower points to which number?

Task 9:
How many places be thar to sit at Splash Mountain?

Task 10:
How many signs be in the Adventureland Bazaar?

Task 11:
In New Orleans Square, how many pots hold yellow flowers?

Task 12:
How many times do ye see the word "Emporium" in Town Square?

Task 13:
Add up the numbers from the last 5 clues and find the one place where the total equals the number of letters in the name of the room.

Task 14:
Find a dozen jewels left behind by Blackheart. This measly treasure won't throw ye off yer path to the vast wealth awaitin' ye!

Task 15:
Shrunken Ned seems to be mighty friendly with the captain, being neighbors and all. Now that ye have gathered yer loot, visit VMK's head salesman and see if ye can barter with him for a hint as to where the treasure be hidden.

Task 16:
Mutinous crew indeed! Put yer pillagin' and plunderin' skillfulness to the test with a round of ship battle. Only the boldest, bravest, and those who score at least 575 will continue.

Last edited by bluecruiser; 03-30-2008 at 04:57 AM..
Old 03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Let's Motor
Awards Showcase
Halloween'11 Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2011 Patriot 2011 Award EKB Day Award St. Patrick's Day 2011 Award Happy Valentine's Day Award 2010 Holiday Award Halloween'10 Award 
Total Awards: 20

Born In Park VIP
My Mood: Insomnious
UpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their headUpInTheAir has Fireworks shooting off over their head
Captain Blackheart's Mini-Treasure Quest! questions have been added to the wiki. You can the quest information here and credit to bluecruiser here.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:57 PM
aka Priz
Awards Showcase
Patriot 2011 Award Joy To The World 
Total Awards: 2

prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!prisoner has Levitated to new heights!
And I've added your questions to mine for the questions to the big quest. Thanks for your help!

You are now leaving Prizkneeland, home of
please fasten your reality belts

preserving VMK for a future that will understand it.

Power to the Players!